How many will turn out against Gold Coast?

Remove this Banner Ad

I will be there for sure... had it pencilled it before the draw for the year was even announced. Great to be a part of history and i must say im sort of warming to the young Suns side.

Taking a friend to her first ever AFL game... should be a big win for the mighty red and black as well!!

Should be at least over 35,000 there. Weather will be a factor.

40,000+ - fans will be keen to see a (highly) likely win after a draw and a loss.

Taking one of my mates (NM supporter). He's a glutton for punishment and thinking of supporting GC as a 'second' team...

I'm heading there. Taking my 5 year old daughter to her first game. Paddy is both of ours favourite player so we had to go and see his 100th game!

I'll guess 32,581

Myself & 12 others are making the couple hour trip up the highway 2 be there, should be good, am interested 2 see how we go with all this "expected to win big hype" i'm just hoping if were up by abit we can go on with it instead of fading in the last qrt like we have over the years when we'd build a big lead!! Cant wait catch ya's there :thumbsu:

Oh nearlly forgot 37,500

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone explain why this was fully ticketed? I must be missing something with how the ticketing system works, but I thought they only make you get an allocated seat if it's going to be against two well-supported teams...

I couldn't believe how many Essendon members had to wait in huge lines to get in, just so they could get their tickets printed and scan in. It was a complete joke that some missed the first quarter (not me, our line moved a bit more quickly :D).

How does it work? Why would they do that rather than just letting you scan in at games with expected low crowds?

Anyone explain why this was fully ticketed? I must be missing something with how the ticketing system works, but I thought they only make you get an allocated seat if it's going to be against two well-supported teams...

It's to do with Essendon's deal with the stadium, which allows the club to sell reserved seat memberships across all three levels. All games they play there are fully ticketed, irrespective of the opposing side.

There aren't many drawbacks to being an EFC supporter, but the stadium deal is one. And don't get me started on how shit Ticketmaster are compared to Ticketek...

I was there today. The crowd didn't surprise me at all. About right really.

Just wait until next week though... the media will be pumping up Essendon's tyres all week about the record first quarter and the high score and we'll get 40,000 at least for the Eagles game next Sunday. All the fickle bandwagoners will jump back on board.

Eagles have quite a big supporter base in Melbourne and many travel over for the game every year so will be a big one.

Remove this Banner Ad

How many will turn out against Gold Coast?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back