Review How much is pick 10 worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

DeepThroat007

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Im just thinking out load here, so don't jump down my Deep Throat please?

i'm just sitting back and thinking wow Brisbane is in a world of hurt and if we were in the same situation as they are at present then the other clubs would be feasting on our demise.

Fevola is on $1mil a year for the next 2 years i think, then less in his third year and is causing enormous issues with there cap problems and its becoming more apparent now that the lastest incident was blown way out of proportion.

would it be possible to offer Robin Nahas for Fevola and a pick 8 with the condition we pay all or 3/4s of his salary, this will allow the lions to kill 2 birds with one stone and we get pick 8.

or Robyn nahas and the lions 2 round pick with Sherman and we pay his back ended contract. (hopefully you can see my thought process here)

or Luke MacGuane and pick 29 for Sherman and pick 8 and we pay both MacGaunes salary and Shermans salary. (the players im suggesting are examples only so dont get sensitive about it)

we have significant room in our cap, our club has shown how strong we are and how to handle the media scrutiny (cuz) we have Chris Newman who is our Captain and Fevs best mate. But importantly we will be able MAYBE to secure another pick in the top 10 when the chances of doing that is like striking Gold with out giving up a quality player in return.

Just putting it out there, its just a thought.

you can see that i want to explore ways to manipulate the lions bad situation and turn it into a good thing for us and get another top 10 pick.

So if there are other theory's or suggestions out there then id be happy to hear it.

it would be a dream to get a top 10 pick.

Re: How much is pick 8 worth?

I think I see where you are heading Miss Lovelace (think about it! ;))

Basically we 'bail' Brisbane out of their cap problems by paying the salary of a chosen traded player (Fev, Sherman or whoever) and gain a first round pick (#8) and the Lion player being the 'steak knives' in the deal.
We throw in one of our 'fringe' players to try to smuggle it under AFL scrutiny.
Is that sort of it?

I'm sure it wouldn't be ratified anyway but don't we end up effectively paying who we draft at #8 around $600k per year!!!!!! (Assuming we get little benefit out of the Lion player)

i think Jacks and Martin's contract has significantly risen from last year, as would have cotchins.

though i think they are performance based, if martin and jack have ripper years again, there might not be so much room

Why would we want Fevola at Richmond after his countless problems at Carlton and Brisbane? Our culture is finally getting better why would we throw all that away for that piece of shit?

Why would we want Fevola at Richmond after his countless problems at Carlton and Brisbane? Our culture is finally getting better why would we throw all that away for that piece of shit?

Read this.

I think I see where you are heading Miss Lovelace (think about it! ;))

Basically we 'bail' Brisbane out of their cap problems by paying the salary of a chosen traded player (Fev, Sherman or whoever) and gain a first round pick (#8) and the Lion player being the 'steak knives' in the deal.
We throw in one of our 'fringe' players to try to smuggle it under AFL scrutiny.
Is that sort of it?

I'm sure it wouldn't be ratified anyway but don't we end up effectively paying who we draft at #8 around $600k per year!!!!!! (Assuming we get little benefit out of the Lion player)

We could even just pay out his contract and delist him. It'd be worth pick 8.

Read this.

i am sure the AFLPA would just fine and dandy with that.

Read this.

Hmm I do kinda see where you guys are coming from but is pick 8 really worth $500,000 or ever $1 mil?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't we just throw a truck load of cash at Brennan. He was a pick 3 in an untainted draft . Pick 8 in this draft is like pick 15.
Club has said it will pay nowhere near the full salary cap this year.
Plus throwing truckloads of cash at a spasmodic, also ran like Brennan is not going to serve you well in the long term when our already listed young stars come out of contract,

Read this.

we just play him in the 2's like we did Jordy at 330k a year at least we still get pick 8 and if he pulls his head in then thats a bonus, but if he mucks up the AFL will deregister him anyway releaving us of the salary.

Imagine Atley at 6 and Polec at 8.........and maybe fevola if has a proper crack, jack could play at CHF while Big griff and whoever maybe lynch gets developed.

Why wouldn't we just throw a truck load of cash at Brennan. He was a pick 3 in an untainted draft . Pick 8 in this draft is like pick 15.

ah no its not, pick 3 is pick 8, dont confuse others confusion, simply put Brisbane lions finished 14th and normally that is pick 3, but the suns extra picks have made ladder position 14 pick 8. Now you have confused me.

pick 8 is a great pick.

let me make one thing clear i have no desire for Fev even if he was offerred to us for our last pick and they paid his salary for him, BUT pick 8 it is worth it. We need to pay 92.5% of our salary cap and we have lost a lot this year and we are going to struggle meet that requirment, hence why we paid Luke MacGuane an Alegged 1.35 mil over 3 years last year.

if we can get 2 picks in the the top 10 for 1mil without giving a quality player away to get it then that worth it because that insurance for our future.

for egs, Trade Foley for pick 8 ? or pay 1mil keep foley and add 2 more quality kids to our list?

I have a better idea.

Fevs problems are overblown . Fairly confident of this based on the way it has come out.

3 way trade. We get Fev and first round pick trade pick. We partially pay fevs contract- 300K-400k . We on trade Fev and the pick to GC for one of their draft picks and they pick up part of Fevs tab as he plays for them.

It may mean we pay less to Fev for a couple of years, we don't have Fev and we end up with pick 11 or something like that. May get Harper or someone else with the pick.

I think it is worth it. I don't look of it as paying for picks but paying for a quality young player at the right age and quality eg. 18/17 who boosts the premiership chances for our team long term in terms of our window.

If I was GC I would do it as Fev is a target and as GC will be going for the premiership by 2013 if not 2012 Fev will probably knuckle down and explode on the playing field!!!

mr magic thats a good idea but fev has said he wants back in melbourne so if any deal was to happen i couldnt see him going to gc. also by the time fevs contract expires in 2 years it will be a perfect time as thats wen our next big contract talks will probably be taking place. just curious also is anyone on the veteran's list down at tiger land? and would fev fall into that catogery?

Well I am not totally against Fev coming to Tigerland. Newman will help him. He would have to help our get- you can't deny this. Brisbane would still have to pay part of his contract as no club in their right mind except for Brisbane would pay the money he is getting fully.

Fev may as well leave Bris as Brisbane aren't a threat with their departures.

His Family is in Melb which will help,.

I think JR can be just as effective from the forward pocket with Fev leading predominantly up the ground.

RD 1 would be a sell out guranteed. With the flood I don't think he will impede our ability to get better picks in the draft for the next few years and most of our develoopment is in the half forward, backline and middle with JR established.

So as long as we don't pay too much to Fev and we get pick 8 I would grab him.

Might be an excuse for Hardwick to get a 4 year extension so he can knuckle down on our rebuild and not worry about the three year window like knights despite the success he has had!!

mr magic thats a good idea but fev has said he wants back in melbourne so if any deal was to happen i couldnt see him going to gc. also by the time fevs contract expires in 2 years it will be a perfect time as thats wen our next big contract talks will probably be taking place. just curious also is anyone on the veteran's list down at tiger land? and would fev fall into that catogery?

Chris Newman will be in 2 years i think Fev cant be unles he goes back to the blues a player needs to play 10 years at one club.

Brisbane maybe sour about losing pick 8 but in future years they will be in rebuild mode= ie less than 5 wins to get multiple draft picks.

Demetriou won't get in their way as he needs North east seaboard to embrace his expansion policy.

Because the stench is greater than Voss v Bradshaw Fev will have to go from Brisbane one would think, it is not his fault regarding the contract mess either, so I think the deal is one of those rare wins for the Tigers and Lions even though it doesn't appear so on the surface!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review How much is pick 10 worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back