How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrific clearance players. Skills are average at best . Similar to Brett Kirk, as long as he is playing to his strengths like forcing ball forward and not trying to do precision kicks , he is a very good afl player

Terrific clearance players. Skills are average at best . Similar to Brett Kirk, as long as he is playing to his strengths like forcing ball forward and not trying to do precision kicks , he is a very good afl player

Same as Kirk, apart from fact that Kirk could tag; did the team 1% things like blocking to create space and had stellar and widely recognised leadership skills ...

So apart from playing a completely different role, in a different era, and having more strings to his bow, they are exactly the same...

Seriously the lack of capacity for some people to grasp what happens on the field beggars belief - I'd just stop posting if I was so clueless ...

Any flogs want to respond? Something along the lines that he tries his best?

And there were some uneducated peasants on here whom believed Priddis should be Captain next.

A main man like you said,

who's a one trick pony, plays well as a flat track bully but gets murdered against average teams. This is what we have built our whole midfield, our whole team around.

FFS

Our whole team play well as flat track bullies! If you want to hang that solely on Priddis, fine...but you are wrong. The whole midfield played terrible, constantly out of position, constantly making rushed decisions, constantly second to the ball....Kerr played abysmally.

The only possible exception is Selwood.

He's been well and truly figured out. Opposition just wait for him to take possession and pounce, either forcing it loose, forcing another stoppage or more frequently this year, a rushed turnover. It's so predictable - you know where he will be at every stoppage and you know he can't burst out. Then you smash him around the ground where he has no pace, no hurt factor on the rebound, no defensive abilities and no pace.

He can get clearances sure but he's just too lacking elsewhere to be playing that first RR 80% of the game. So frustrating to watch...

No...he isn't a terrific clearance player. And why we're at it, he isn't a terrific inside mid. He's utterly average.

Our whole team play well as flat track bullies! If you want to hang that solely on Priddis, fine...but you are wrong. The whole midfield played terrible, constantly out of position, constantly making rushed decisions, constantly second to the ball....Kerr played abysmally.

The only possible exception is Selwood.
So you tell me then:

Name the names, who should be cut from this midfield? Who isn't up to it? And who do we move forward with and give more game time / development to?

Same as Kirk, apart from fact that Kirk could tag; did the team 1% things like blocking to create space and had stellar and widely recognised leadership skills ...

So apart from playing a completely different role, in a different era, and having more strings to his bow, they are exactly the same...

Seriously the lack of capacity for some people to grasp what happens on the field beggars belief - I'd just stop posting if I was so clueless ...

I was more getting to the fact that Priddis is a strong clearance player like Kirk and has a very limited skill set like Kirk . He is exceptionally slow but I think he is worth his weight in gold for his clearance work.

I think you're all looking at it wrong, if anything this game shows how bad we play when Priddis doesn't play well.

He is remarkably consistent, but today he had a bad game. It says a lot more about the others surrounding him and their inability to lift when the main man has a bad game.

LOL! That's you analysis? I don't think your looking at all...

Reliance on Priddis is a problem, one of the principle reasons is because he's got no utility. When he's shut down or ineffectual you can't move him. That's a massive liability.

Secondly, Priddis isn't the subject of much attention in most games. Some teams can effectively shut him out and some teams aren't, while others don't even bother.

Richmond, scragged him. He's easy to follow to the ball, not fast, strong or highly skilled. If this happens and you keep on tapping the ball to him you'll be at a disadvantage.

I was more getting to the fact that Priddis is a strong clearance player like Kirk and has a very limited skill set like Kirk . He is exceptionally slow but I think he is worth his weight in gold for his clearance work.

Kirk was a follower. Priddis isn't.

Umm our entire midfield was shit. No mid won their one on one. Our entire team was 2nd to the ball.
Has happened far too many times. This is not a one off.

I love how the Priddis Fan Boi adulation is to divert the attention into, "the whole midfield was crap".

Yes the whole midfield is consistently crap.

So take a crystal ball and tell us something we don't already know. Tell us who needs to be cut from the list and who do we move forward with.

Clearances mean shitall if they're ineffective. Geelong has proven this already. Quality disposal, ability to run both ways, decent defensive capabilities - every other quality midfield possess these types of players in abundance. Our no.1 lacks all of these.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearances mean shitall if they're ineffective. Geelong has proven this already. Quality disposal, ability to run both ways, decent defensive capabilities - every other quality midfield possess these types of players in abundance. Our no.1 lacks all of these.

Exactly. And the other issue is that if we're going to have an otherwise limited clearance player (as many teams do), we'll play Kerr. But having two puts at us at a huge disadvantage.
The sooner we give more midfield minutes to Masten, Shuey and Wellingham rather than Priddis, the sooner our midfield improves. If that fails to deliver what we need it to, some remarkable trading/drafting will have to be done to fill what is becoming a very large black hole.

Exactly. And the other issue is that if we're going to have an otherwise limited clearance player (as many teams do), we'll play Kerr. But having two puts at us at a huge disadvantage.
The sooner we give more midfield minutes to Masten, Shuey and Wellingham rather than Priddis, the sooner our midfield improves. If that fails to deliver what we need it to, some remarkable trading/drafting will have to be done to fill what is becoming a very large black hole.

We need that already.

What games are these people who say Priddis is a great clearance player watching? Or are they just looking at the stat sheet at the end of the game? 90% of his clearances are turnovers.

Might I suggest the half back line is as much of a problem?

Very little drive is generated from there - all the top teams generate a huge amount of run from their defence. Sydney almost don't give a shit about clearances. Geelong too have effectively given up on winning the contested battle through the middle as a key figure.

Not saying the midfield or Priddis should be let off the hook, but there are more problems than just one area of the ground.

Might I suggest the half back line is as much of a problem?

Very little drive is generated from there - all the top teams generate a huge amount of run from their defence. Sydney almost don't give a shit about clearances. Geelong too have effectively given up on winning the contested battle through the middle as a key figure.

Not saying the midfield or Priddis should be let off the hook, but there are more problems than just one area of the ground.

Its true we do lack run (and apart from Hurn) quality disposal, but it starts in the middle and Priddis spends his whole time there. We have the best ruckman in the game who is naturally a great clearance player and the sad thing is if he isnt getting near it we look slow in there.
Kerr has slowed down this year significantly, so playing him and Priddis in the middle is a liability and when Cox is the ruckman at the time its horrible to watch.

Getting harder and harder to mount a defence for Priddis. We dominated the ruck, a lot of the taps go to Priddis, who fumbles or straight up turns it over most of the time, giving them a clearance. Don't think S Selwood was much better in clearance situations either, his skills have seriously gone down hill this year.

Getting harder and harder to mount a defence for Priddis. We dominated the ruck, a lot of the taps go to Priddis, who fumbles or straight up turns it over most of the time, giving them a clearance. Don't think S Selwood was much better in clearance situations either, his skills have seriously gone down hill this year.

At least Scooter has some dash and some physicality. Apart from that his kicking action has gone so far backwards this year.

Any flogs want to respond? Something along the lines that he tries his best?

And there were some uneducated peasants on here whom believed Priddis should be Captain next.

I don't think there are too many people that don't see his short comings tbh. But aside from Masten, who takes his spot? Scooter? I don't want him attacking the ball anymore, give him a job and someone to focus on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back