How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Scooter has some dash and some physicality. Apart from that his kicking action has gone so far backwards this year.

Strong understatment.

I'd rather he take a fraction longer and get pinned once or twice a game htb but get a decent pass of the other times rather than just doing what he is currently doing.

Its true we do lack run (and apart from Hurn) quality disposal, but it starts in the middle and Priddis spends his whole time there. We have the best ruckman in the game who is naturally a great clearance player and the sad thing is if he isnt getting near it we look slow in there.
Kerr has slowed down this year significantly, so playing him and Priddis in the middle is a liability and when Cox is the ruckman at the time its horrible to watch.
I'm not letting Priddis off the hook, but I've watched a few games this year where the team that is smashed through the middle wins the game. Butler, A Selwood, playing three slow talls in defence in Brown, Glass and McKenzie. That is slow

Yep probably say it just compounds the issue.

The other thing I have noticed, speaking of the speed issue is how any player with any kind of pace plays with confidence against our team. White being the one tonight.

Problem with Priddis is that he does well against the mediocre to weaker sides. However against the better quality sides in the competition, he regularly gets beaten and becomes a liability.

And yet here we are again... 8 years on... and still the same questions are being asked.

Even the commentators are slowly waking up to how ordinary this bloke is.

Just another typical bland game in a distinguished career or being ordinary. Worsfold should ashamed of the state he left this midfield in. 8 years of trying to develop a rubbish midfielder and making him the No. 1 midfielder in the team.

What a disgrace.

Not his best game but probably playing under duress. He will be needed in the short term but will be phased out as soon we as have the players to replace him.

He's done. More concerning is the realisation that Nicnat will never be right. He's going to have Gumbleton's career.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just thought I would post this here as well as it is relevant.
And judging by these disposal not long.

I decided to document Priddis' game after the 10 minute mark of the third quarter because I was bored.
This is what he did for the rest of the game.

Third Quarter:
Hand ball direct to opponent
HB to team mate under pressure-turnover
Tackle
Arrives in forward line
Falls over in Boundary throw in

Last quarter:
Runs behind 2 Geelong players and touches them
Runs in front of contest does nothing
Runs to contest does nothing
Tackles
HB into Geelong players foot
HB to team mate
Ball falls out of hand after taking possession
Tackles
HB to TM- Effective possession
Tackles
Kicks out of bounds on the full
Hand ball

Commentator makes comment on his 8 kicks and only one hitting a target.

This is disgraceful from our number 1 mid and we went from having a proud history of powerful midfielder to having this spud as our number 1 mid.

Typical rubbish answer from a Pro Ploddus supporter.

Deflect, Deflect, Deflect

So were you happy with his performance tonight?

No. Same goes with about 20 others tonight, though. You however felt the need to bump a 10 month old thread to express your outrage so you could single him out. I'm sort of over your 'Ploddus' obsession tbh, it's rather tiresome old chap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's done. More concerning is the realisation that Nicnat will never be right. He's going to have Gumbleton's career.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I hold high hopes that I might one day see a game from Nic Nat like he had in his 2nd pre-season, Vs Essendon in a NAB Cup. Tore the opposition to shreds.

I have not seen another game from him approaching anything like it.

sadly our midfield is made up of short people - prides is needed fro grunt until we draft and trade. Some good signs with Yeo, Sheed and Coldege to a lesser extent.

seriously, master, gaff, butler, the list goes on.

sadly our midfield is made up of short people - prides is needed fro grunt until we draft and trade. Some good signs with Yeo, Sheed and Coldege to a lesser extent.

seriously, master, gaff, butler, the list goes on.

Colledge should go back the WAFL and be told. "You own the hard ball".

Offers nothing offensively or defensively, and has been poor in the clearances this year. He seriously needs to be under the microscope from the selection panel.

In regards to Priddis and how much of a threat he is to other teams, the one question is how often does he get tagged... Never! opposition team know its 50/50 when he gets the ball so why bother. I would rather see us get games into sheed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back