NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS (Kayo) Also AFL Member so all clubs
Havent seen much coverage on this, but if we all recall this is the first Geelong v Melbourne game since the old famous 186.

Since then Geelong have improved/stayed the same and Melbourne have deteriorated into a rabble. This calls the following in question. Will we see the first 200 point win in VFL/AFL history???

Either way it wont be a pretty game to watch....

At the risk of sounding as crazy as Vozzy. Melbourne are a chance to win this. I suspect that playing at Simonds Stadium will just get Geelong over the line.

Geelong 13 points.

At the risk of sounding as crazy as Vozzy. Melbourne are a chance to win this. I suspect that playing at Simmons Stadium will just get Geelong over the line.

Geelong 13 points.

Very insightful call here :thumbsu:

I also think we've got a real chance in this match, but I definitely wouldn't put money on it.

We're already a stronger contested marking team, and doing better in the clearances. Over the last couple of weeks, we've been better in tackle count and contested ball as well. All areas which will be absolutely crucial on Saturday.

At the risk of sounding as crazy as Vozzy. Melbourne are a chance to win this. I suspect that it being played at Simonds Stadium will just get Geelong over the line.

Geelong 13 points.

I also think we've got a real chance in this match, but I definitely wouldn't put money on it.

1272348532_original-lol.gif

Well said Baldur - again, a very sound analysis there :thumbsu:

What on earth makes anyone think Melbourne have a chance here exactly :confused:

Possibly the fact that, as I said just before, our midfield is already achieving more clearances on average - in no small measure due to the fact that our ruck division is vastly superior - we're already a stronger contested marking team, and we've been better than them in contested ball and tackle count as well over the last 2 weeks. And all those areas will be especially important in this matchup.

I'm confident this game will be won or lost in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With us. In the right role this time.

And we've been better than Adelaide in contested marks, contested possessions, clearances and tackle count over the last two weeks as well.

With us. In the right role this time.

And we've been better than Adelaide in contested marks, contested possessions, clearances and tackle count over the last two weeks as well.
Great work. Reckon you'll beat the Giants in Round 13?

If we'd had your draw over the first 5 rounds, there's no way we wouldn't have at least 2 wins by now, even with the incredible slop we dished up over the first three weeks.

And to reiterate, we gave you an utter and complete bollocking last time we played you. When that game comes round again, we'll win it again.

We're already a stronger contested marking team, and doing better in the clearances. Over the last couple of weeks, we've been better in tackle count and contested ball as well. All areas which will be absolutely crucial on Saturday.

I stopped reading the thread after this post:thumbsu:

*shakes head violently*:eek:

If we'd had your draw over the first 5 rounds, there's no way we wouldn't have at least 2 wins by now, even with the incredible slop we dished up over the first three weeks.

And to reiterate, we gave you an utter and complete bollocking last time we played you. When that game comes round again, we'll win it again.[/quote]

so applying your logic to this weeks game, the demons are well and truly rooted?

Remove this Banner Ad

How much will Geelong win by

Remove this Banner Ad

Back