How unlucky was Martin Love?

Remove this Banner Ad

F/D said:
"Martyn open? that is one of the stupidest ideas ever"

That good enough? Oh and you also said after this "I didnt even know Martyn opened"
My argument was more that Martyn wouldn't open at the WC because he's too valuable lower down.

It's true that I was unaware of his previous record as an opener: 7 innings including 3 against Zimbabwe.

I don't think that's particularly compelling.

Is that all you've got?

F/D said:
Everyone here has an opnion and most of the time they are right and you are wrong so dont them knock them for what they believe in.
Does this solitary, half-baked example constitute me being wrong "most of the time"?

Besides, on what level am I categorically wrong on this 'Martyn opening' question?

He probably won't open at the WC. Don't you think it's a little premature to claim vindication on that question 14 months before we get a definitive answer?

And yes, I was unaware of an innocuous statistic. I didn't know Martyn has opened 7 times. But now that I know, I maintain that it doesn't count for much.

Do you have any more examples of me being categorically wrong that you'd like to discuss? Or could you only find this zinger?

Lift your game. You're boring me.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
My argument was more that Martyn wouldn't open at the WC because he's too valuable lower down.

It's true that I was unaware of his previous record as an opener: 7 innings including 3 against Zimbabwe.

I don't think that's particularly compelling.

Is that all you've got?

Does this solitary, half-baked example constitute me being wrong "most of the time"?

Besides, on what level am I categorically wrong on this 'Martyn opening' question?

He probably won't open at the WC. Don't you think it's a little premature to claim vindication on that question 14 months before we get a definitive answer?

And yes, I was unaware of an innocuous statistic. I didn't know Martyn has opened 7 times. But now that I know, I maintain that it doesn't count for much.

Do you have any more examples of me being categorically wrong that you'd like to discuss? Or could you only find this zinger?

Lift your game. You're boring me.
No no no Gunnar, you said Martyn opening PERIOD was a stupid call and was the worst on the thread.

Yet when he scored a 90 off 50, you come back and say he wont open in the WC? :eek:

Either keep to one argument or dont say a word.

F/D said:
No no no Gunnar, you said Martyn opening PERIOD was a stupid call and was the worst on the thread.

Yet when he scored a 90 off 50, you come back and say he wont open in the WC? :eek:

Either keep to one argument or dont say a word.
I maintain that it's bloody unlikely to happen. That 90 in a 20/20 counts for absolutely bugger all. Martyn was always going to play ODI cricket this summer. I don't know why anyone would have predicted otherwise.

Are you claiming that, as a result of that 20/20, he's now a shoe-in to open at the WC?

It sounds like you're claiming vindication on this 14 months before the WC. That would be pretty silly.

I will concede that Martyn opening is within the realm of possibility, but so are many things that will never actually transpire. I maintain that Martyn opening at the WC is unlikely, and definitely not our best option.

I consider that a moderation of my earlier position. But my opinion is still effectively the same: it won't happen, and nor should it.

So what have you proven? You've forced me to tone down my language about 10%. Congratulations!

Gunnar Longshanks said:
I will concede that Martyn opening is within the realm of possibility
So basically you now believe what I said that Martyn could open?

10% my way is still a win, I owned you Gunnar, and specially in a genre where you think you're so knowledgable in :eek: :thumbsu:

F/D said:
So basically you now believe what I said that Martyn could open?
It's a remote possiblity. 5% chance.

I maintain that it won't happen. Do you understand this distinction?

F/D said:
10% my way is still a win, I owned you Gunnar
I didn't realise you were this pathetic.

I suppose it's the little victories that get a tool like you through the day.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
It's a remote possiblity. 5% chance.

I maintain that it won't happen. Do you understand this distinction?

I didn't realise you were this pathetic.

I suppose it's the little victories that get a tool like you through the day.
I dunno, your obviously name calling alot of people...something wrong with your life Gunnar?

F/D said:
I dunno, your obviously name calling alot of people...something wrong with your life Gunnar?
Actually, I reserve that treatment for you. No-one else is worthy.*

Is this what you've been reduced to?

I smash you in an argument and you start insisting that I'm suicidal - or something.

You need to go back to basics and develop some decent material.

* That's sarcasm again. Are you getting the hang of it yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

How unlucky was Martin Love?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back