Remove this Banner Ad

TigerPower

Team Captain
Jun 24, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Holes On Our List
  • Monster forward to accompany Hughes. We have other uncertain players such as Gourdis and Putt who could fill the hole.... but we are unsure.
  • Tall monster ruckman who can dominate the hitouts and has a huge tank that will replace Simmonds. We have uncertain players like Patto, Graham, Cartlege etc. who could be second tier ruckman at best....
  • Small crumbing forward like your Cyril Rioli, Cameron Stokes, Varcoe, Neon Leon type which provide that X-Factor to win games...
How To Seal Those Holes
  • Use our pick 8 on Vickery to become a 200cm forward/ruckman
  • Trade a club with high draft picks (who need backmen) one of our surplus's of backmen and our second rounder to get a ruckman/forward 1st rounder (i.e. Zeibell or natanui) so Vickery and them can rotate.
  • Draft with our 3rd or 4th rounder an Aboriginal crumbing forward
This is what we need.... for the time being...

Keep going down the path we are on.

Use pick 8 on the best available mid sized player.

Employ more development coaches.

As a monster forward Dean Putt could be an option. I've said it before but - he runs 20 in under 3, he's 202cm, he showed good contested marking ability as a junior, and he has skills to burn. Could definately play as a forward who will stretch opposition back lines. With Hughes at full forward and Putt and Riewoldt rotating between chf and forward pocket it could be a dangerous combination. Not to mention if Gourdis comes good. Being quicker than Lids he may be able to play as the defensive forward who puts pressure on the opposition backs and then runs back into the hole. Just a thought and perhaps a tad ambitious but... possibilities. i don't think we are devoid of key forward options.

So for me - the best mid or ruckman at pick 8 - depending on what's available.

pick 26 - perhaps paul cahill for a chf or full forward option - or roughead if we still need a ruck - or if we take vickery at 8 i would take Rhys Okeefe or David Zaharakis

pick 42 - Jetta would be a bonus. We defanitely need a good defensive small forward. Nothing better than watching backmen being run down and putting pressure on backmen limits the quality of rebound which is all important these days.

pick 58 - Michael Gugliotta or Casey Sibosado - a key forward to try our luck with/develop.

One of the best posts for a while!
I believe if available Vickery is our man!!!!!!!!!!
We need to trade players for picks.
We have a surplus of tall defenders lets trade one of them.
Thursfield, Moore, Rance untouchables trade bait Maguane / Shultz lets shop around. No one will touch Polak now.
Add to Vickery we Need small forward, running back, tuff midfielder.
I am little annoyed that the Bombers are going to trade Lovett for Swans high pick, when we should be doing the same.
We need to trade for PICKS.

Holes On Our List
  • Monster forward to accompany Hughes. We have other uncertain players such as Gourdis and Putt who could fill the hole.... but we are unsure.
  • Tall monster ruckman who can dominate the hitouts and has a huge tank that will replace Simmonds. We have uncertain players like Patto, Graham, Cartlege etc. who could be second tier ruckman at best....
  • Small crumbing forward like your Cyril Rioli, Cameron Stokes, Varcoe, Neon Leon type which provide that X-Factor to win games...
How To Seal Those Holes
  • Trade a club with high draft picks (who need backmen) one of our surplus's of backmen and our second rounder to get a ruckman/forward 1st rounder (i.e. Zeibell or natanui) so Vickery and them can rotate.

do you want coke and fries with that? ;)

Holes On Our List
How To Seal Those Holes

Daniel Connors, looks like he could turn into that type. if he works on his fitness he will play that role with stints in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hartlett, ziebell would be the ultimate for us if either slide, if they're both not there sidebottom.

dont go for a ruckman with our first pick

No way should we use TWO early picks on Ruckman. Look at the top four sides this year and their ruckmen

Geelong
Ottens- Was fantastic last year but didnt play for large patches of this season and they still won heaps
Blake- No good

Hawks
Campbell
Renouf/Taylor - All of them are very solid without being stars. IMO this is the kind we need to get

Dogs
Hudson- a good ruckmen without being absolutely amazing.
Minson- a battler and tries his heart out but hardly AA Ruckman

Saints
King- Good tap ruckmen but not super dominant, is reliable
Gardiner, Blake?- Gardiner struggles to get on the park, is Blake still their backup? If so see Minson

So basically, the top four sides dont have star ruckmen. They have ruckmen that can be competitive and force contests. What they do have is stellar midfields, Geelong, Hawks and Dogs are probably the best three in the game and the Saints have a good midfield too.

The teams with the best ruckmen this season are WCE, Fremantle and Essendon. All bottom 8.

IMO Pattison will be fine as a backup but we need to fill the hole Simmonds will leave with a ruckmen in the mold of Petrie, Hudson or King. Someone who will make a contest. No use going all out for a Ruckmen when often the early picked ones dont fire. Maybe draft one but certainly not two

Daniel Connors, looks like he could turn into that type. if he works on his fitness he will play that role with stints in the middle.

Conners is f--king white, you need a couple black men in the team ffs. THEY ARE THE ULTIMATE CRUMBERS (i.e. high twitch muscle fibres and the awareness they have). f**k me

We NEED to trade players for picks in the last uncompromised draft... WE HAVE TOO MANY TALL DEFENDERS. Rance, Shultz, Maguane, Moore, Thurstfield........ thats 5 tall defenders.... we therefore can trade ONE of these with our 2nd round pick to get a first round pick to fill in other HOLES on our list, to make us better off....

how can anyone here not see the f**king light... IF WE DONT DO THIS BOOKMARK THIS THREAD AND WATCH US NEVER WIN A F***ing FLAG

No way should we use TWO early picks on Ruckman. Look at the top four sides this year and their ruckmen

Geelong
Ottens- Was fantastic last year but didnt play for large patches of this season and they still won heaps
Blake- No good

Hawks
Campbell
Renouf/Taylor - All of them are very solid without being stars. IMO this is the kind we need to get

Dogs
Hudson- a good ruckmen without being absolutely amazing.
Minson- a battler and tries his heart out but hardly AA Ruckman

Saints
King- Good tap ruckmen but not super dominant, is reliable
Gardiner, Blake?- Gardiner struggles to get on the park, is Blake still their backup? If so see Minson

So basically, the top four sides dont have star ruckmen. They have ruckmen that can be competitive and force contests. What they do have is stellar midfields, Geelong, Hawks and Dogs are probably the best three in the game and the Saints have a good midfield too.

The teams with the best ruckmen this season are WCE, Fremantle and Essendon. All bottom 8.

IMO Pattison will be fine as a backup but we need to fill the hole Simmonds will leave with a ruckmen in the mold of Petrie, Hudson or King. Someone who will make a contest. No use going all out for a Ruckmen when often the early picked ones dont fire. Maybe draft one but certainly not two
How about they are both ruckman/forwards!!!! it's what we need. Look at Hawthorn, they got buddy and roughie in one draft. They took risks... it's about time we did

Calm down mate.... this so called "surplus" of defenders you say we have is not surplus, but DEPTH. Depth is vital, and for once we start to have that in our backline. We need to keep the backline as it is, and find other means to address our fowardline. Trading away defenders will only create more holes.

Sorry to jump in this thread but I think you need to find a few reasonable replacements for Bowden, Richardson, and Brown as you know that they aren't going to be around forever.
I think that what the tigers need to do is to get somebody in who can coach the backmen. I don't think you have a good quality backline coach.

If you actually think we need to get rid of one of Rance, McGuane, Thursfield or Moore you have no idea. Schulz can piss off, that's fair enough. But have you actually seen the 3 of McGuane, Thursfield and Moore, they can play on your tall forwards and can even play on your small forwards. I believe all 3 of them should be kept and so should Rance.
The X-Factor player can be found wherever and whenever doesn't have to be an early pick, that being said, Connors could be one and Clayton Collard will end up becoming one if he continues to develop and play consistent footy.
I think you are forgetting we will have Putt to play backup to Simmonds soon hopefully and if we're going to keep persisting with patto (which i hope we don't) why will we need two more young ruckman on our list, if Vickery is as good as everyone says we should pick him up so in future him and Putt can share the ruck work, if he is just being over-rated then we should just get a ruckman with our later pick and pick up a midfielder or forward with our first pick.

Our future is sealed.

The Tigers are now in the best position they've been in for years, and are ready to explode onto the finals arena with a "shock and Awe" campaign that will leave all other sides totally decimated.

The team is now at a stage where it can match it with the best, and has the backing to ensure success.
Vision, planning, execution of a vision destined for greatness.

Well done to TW and his team for making the Tigers a team ready to take the football world by storm, making the future not only bright, but absolutley glowing :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

How We Can Seal Our Future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back