Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barny won by 4 goals. Not sure on details and who was playing or not playing from both teams

Barny were missing probably 3 players. BB were missing 3 top end players and about 3 other senior players. First hit out- for around 6 of the guys.

Schilg, played really well the first half, went missing in the 3rd, and sat out the remainder of the game. Storey, was good in the ruck rarely beaten and had a good presence around the ground. Murphy, played both ends of the ground, presented well and got a couple of goals.

Skills were horrible from the Saints and seemed to struggle under the physical pressure from barny. I think this was barny's third hit out, and i would say the smaller ground suited them better.
BB probably were not fully match fit as yet either.

If anyone, feels these comments are off, then by all means please- correct me. :)

Barny were missing probably 3 players. BB were missing 3 top end players and about 3 other senior players. First hit out- for around 6 of the guys.

Schilg, played really well the first half, went missing in the 3rd, and sat out the remainder of the game. Storey, was good in the ruck rarely beaten and had a good presence around the ground. Murphy, played both ends of the ground, presented well and got a couple of goals.

Skills were horrible from the Saints and seemed to struggle under the physical pressure from barny. I think this was barny's third hit out, and i would say the smaller ground suited them better.
BB probably were not fully match fit as yet either.

If anyone, feels these comments are off, then by all means please- correct me. :)

Pretty well spot on.
Score was 11 goals to 14 barny's way. with there full forward kicking at least 8.
barny had a bigger stronger team and the small ground of norris park helped them, not allowing the the saints to run.
glanville guest, mckimmie the guns not playing for the saints..

Bradshaw, Rogers, Benstead, Spence among 22 players unavailable for Tigers from the 2 matches.

This was passed on by a mate of mine "Thurgoona beat Jindera in a practice match last night by 16 pts. Only 1 jindera bloke hung around to have a beer with the Thurgoona boys afterward. S##t form." If this is the case I agree totally, can anyone from Jindera shed any light?

Saints have a praccy match against Barny on Sunday hopefully a good hit out, and last one before round one. Anyone have any other news to divulge?
think the bloke was hayes who stayed around for awhile.. a few stayed for one or two beers but yer majority left quiet early and quickly. not sure how much to look into it though. Jindera very short of match form thurgoona moved the ball too well for them very good running side

Ha that's a bit rich coming from the thurgoona camp. It is well known around the tallangatta league that they never hang around for a beer. I remember last year not one player stayed behind.

Ha that's a bit rich coming from the thurgoona camp. It is well known around the tallangatta league that they never hang around for a beer. I remember last year not one player stayed behind.

I agree...Can you tell you that at half time Jindera's seconds team took to the field and every senior player stuck around on the bench to watch the second half....which is more than i can say for Thurgoona's higher profile players who actually walked past the Jindera bench on the way to their cars to go home midway through the 3rd Quarter.

Got rolled by 25 goals by Rennie yesterday Rhodesy, from what I got told at League Cricket Presso last nite mate.

Make that 26 goals in the 1's and comfy wins to the Rennie 2's and 3's. CDHBU good winners in the 4's. Been a long time since Rennie enjoyed such dominance. CDHBU have had it over Rennie for a number of years but on Saturday it was a real case of the men vs the boys. When the two sides lined up you could see the physical difference. CDHBU full of kids. They had a dip but got given a lesson. Rennie a fair bit stronger but (on paper anyway) would still struggle to make top 5 in the Hume League. On Saturday's effort it will be a long year at Coreen. Apparently they have a few signings to come in but they will need 10 of them. Many of CDHBU's "supporters" of previous years not sighted on Saturday. The netballers pulled out of scheduled matches. Spells trouble Here It Is. CDHBU Coach tried to "inspire" his team with the cheapest of cheap shots off the ball on a young Rennie player. That just added to CDHBU's woes. No Chalky (although he will play this year) and no Doug Lavis (don't know if he's playing in 2010) didn't help at all. Rennie boys happy to have the Peter Murphy Cup back where it belongs....:) Pretty hard to find positives for you Here It Is except for the fact that the kids in the 1's had a real crack. CDHBU look like they are at where Rennie was 2 or 3 years ago.

Thurgoona have no problem with the fact that there weren't many (from either team) that stayed for a beer after the game. After all, it was a praccy match that didn't finish till after 8 on a Thursday night, and Gold Cup was the next day.
So don't get sucked in to an argument that doesn't exist, bar a post from a Big Footy Newbie (making his first ever post) that was allegedly "passed on by a mate of mine".
I will make one point of fact. The "high profile Thurgoona players" (Do we have any ??) would find it very difficult to walk past the Jindera bench on the way to their cars unless they took a major detour. The Thurgoona bench is closer to the change rooms and car park, so you do not have to walk anywhere near the Jindera bench to get to either. :confused::confused:
Let's keep it real and talk about the footy eh ?

Thurgoona have no problem with the fact that there weren't many (from either team) that stayed for a beer after the game. After all, it was a praccy match that didn't finish till after 8 on a Thursday night, and Gold Cup was the next day.
So don't get sucked in to an argument that doesn't exist, bar a post from a Big Footy Newbie (making his first ever post) that was allegedly "passed on by a mate of mine".
I will make one point of fact. The "high profile Thurgoona players" (Do we have any ??) would find it very difficult to walk past the Jindera bench on the way to their cars unless they took a major detour. The Thurgoona bench is closer to the change rooms and car park, so you do not have to walk anywhere near the Jindera bench to get to either. :confused::confused:
Let's keep it real and talk about the footy eh ?

If u remember correclty cars were parked out on the road for about hundred metres and walking to ur car without showering and just having ur footy gear on and footy bag wouldnt involve needing the changerooms so yes they did walk past the jindera bench as i was talking to them, unless i was under an illusion or somehting, so this is my point of fact.....but yes back to the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm. Thanks for that WJ. Obviously Chalky and Dougie will make a huge difference and Renner and Neely are more than handy pick-ups, but it's hard to see how the old club can replace what they have lost.
Any word on the Crows? (I know no-one will know anything about Coly)

Hmmmm. Thanks for that WJ. Obviously Chalky and Dougie will make a huge difference and Renner and Neely are more than handy pick-ups, but it's hard to see how the old club can replace what they have lost.
Any word on the Crows? (I know no-one will know anything about Coly)

Crows have picked up a few but lost just as many. Not much is known about their ins other than they're nothing to get excited about. Crows copped an absolute flogging from Tungamah a few weeks ago in a praccy match. It's going to be a long year at Oaklands.

My spy told me today that he watched Coly take on Griffith in a praccy match a few weeks ago and the Coly boys gave a good account of themselves. Apparently they had plenty of young blokes with plenty of run. Same story as always for Coly. They don't lose too many nor do they pick anyone up. I note they have cleared one of the Pounds and their big ruckman has gone to Moyhu. As always they will give a good hard account of themselves particularly at home. They simply don't have the 4 or 5 topliners (ex O&M) to match it with the stronger Hume Clubs. Would love to see Coly go into the Picola League (North West) where they would do very well.

Unfortunately though, the 3 old Coreen Clubs will all be a lot closer to the botton of the ladder than the top this year. I would love to see at least one of those clubs doing well but it won't happen in this comp.

The time has come for the start of the season...
is there any late signings for any club?

So does anyone want to have a final stab at the 2010 Premiers, grand final teams, most improved, darky team or giant killer, and possible best player(either from every club or in the league overall)?

The time has come for the start of the season...
is there any late signings for any club?

So does anyone want to have a final stab at the 2010 Premiers, grand final teams, most improved, darky team or giant killer, and possible best player(either from every club or in the league overall)?

I see Cal Litchfield has put a clearance in from Osborne...

Premiers: Jindera
Grand Final Teams: Jindera v Saints
Most Improved: Team: Saints Player: ??
Darky Team: Dont really see one as i think most clubs have recruited and none of them have really flown under the radar but ill say R/W
Best Player: Luke Schilg (by the length of Flemington)

I see Cal Litchfield has put a clearance in from Osborne...

Grand Final Teams: Jindera v Saints
Most Improved: Team: Saints Player: ??
Darky Team: Dont really see one as i think most clubs have recruited and none of them have really flown under the radar but ill say R/W
Best Player: Luke Schilg (by the length of Flemington)

Grand Final Teams: Jindera v Osborne
Most Improved: Team Saints...player S Freeman
Darky Team: Howlong
Best Player: Jindera - Castles
Osborne: Munson
Howlong; nicho
Saints: Schilg
Holbrook: Palmer
CDHBU:???
Crows:???
Coly: ????
Culcairn: Donnan
Henty:Wilson
Lockhart: Smallwood
RW: Wilde
MM: Leisckie
Walla: Murray

Howlong; nicho
Saints: Schilg or guest
CDHBU:chalky
Crows:holman or kirchen
Coly: mcgowan or the pounds

what is everyone elses thoughts?

Howlong; nicho
Saints: Schilg
CDHBU:???
Crows:???
Coly: ????
Premiers: Osborne
Grand Final Teams: Osborne and BB Saints
Most Improved: Team Saints Player S Shulz
Best Player: Shilg

Saints : Shilg or *Guest*
what is everyone elses thoughts?

I am lead to believe that Guest has not had much time on the track at all this pre-season, only training maybe 6 or so times and also playing in only one praccy match. I would be surprised if he had any major impact in the first half a dozon rounds or so, as he would be nowhere near his fitness best. But that being said, he is a fairly fit bloke anyway.(from what i hear)

But Shilg seems to be the bloke to place your bets on..

I am lead to believe that Guest has not had much time on the track at all this pre-season, only training maybe 6 or so times and also playing in only one praccy match. I would be surprised if he had any major impact in the first half a dozon rounds or so, as he would be nowhere near his fitness best. But that being said, he is a fairly fit bloke anyway.(from what i hear)

But Shilg seems to be the bloke to place your bets on..

If your talking about Guest being unfit I suggest ya do your homework on Schilg before u go plonking any of ya hard earned down potato head :thumbsu:

If your talking about Guest being unfit I suggest ya do your homework on Schilg before u go plonking any of ya hard earned down potato head :thumbsu:

i dont know if schilg is fit or unfit!

But i do KNOW that Guest has had a very limited pre season. i have no idea why he has had a limited pre season, but he will not be anywhere near as fit as the blokes that have. :)

So tell me, is Schilg fit for the opener this wkend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back