Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the time has come first side getting picked tomorrow.... will be very interested to see who is picked at saints due to what was said at training on tuesday with alot of numbers not even being able to get a jumper in either grade.... ( hopefully not myself:() will be interesting to see if the will go for talent or locals.

Premiers: Osborne
Grand Final Teams: Osborne and BB Saints
Most Improved: Team Saints Player S Shulz
Darky Team: Howlong
Best Player: Shilg

Think the lions will be without Sam Schulz for most of the year. Fairly certain he is playing for Murray Bushrangers & is also in NSW/ACT Rams.

Hard to see BB improving enough to finish ahead of Jindera & Culcairn.

Think the lions will be without Sam Schulz for most of the year. Fairly certain he is playing for Murray Bushrangers & is also in NSW/ACT Rams.

Hard to see BB improving enough to finish ahead of Jindera & Culcairn.
yeah have to agree with ya power bb have alot of ground to make up on the 6 from last year so what are the game to keep our eyes on sat???

Culcairn v Howlong should be the best game this week. Would expect Osborne to be too strong for Lockhart. Old Coreen sides might play some close ones but not too sure of the standard. Good luck to all teams & I hope we see some big upsets during the year.

well the time has come first side getting picked tomorrow.... will be very interested to see who is picked at saints due to what was said at training on tuesday with alot of numbers not even being able to get a jumper in either grade.... ( hopefully not myself:() will be interesting to see if the will go for talent or locals.

Good luck with selection tonight KAM. Hope you get the desired result, and let us know how u go.

So tipping for this weekends game!

Lockhart v Osborne
Walla v RW Tigers
Jindera v Holbrook
Coleambally v CDHBU
B Crows v Magpies
Culcairn v Howlong
Henty v BB Saints

Does anyone else want to have a go, and by what margin?

Well judging by the praccy game i saw against Barny, with atleast one recruit playing reserves, and another not getting much senior game time, that spots will be extremely hard to get. Good Luck mate, and hopefully my team and the saints will kick off the year with a win.

Grand Final Teams: Osborne and BB Saints
Most Improved: Team Saints Player S Shulz
Best Player: Shilg

Best Player: Jay Koehler/shilg
most improved player: tom alexander (lockhart) :thumbsu:

Final 6: osborne
Jindy
Saints ( only because of there draw)
cul
howlong
lockhart

Good luck with selection tonight KAM. Hope you get the desired result, and let us know how u go.

So tipping for this weekends game!

Lockhart v Osborne
Walla v RW Tigers
Jindera v Holbrook
Coleambally v CDHBU
B Crows v Magpies
Culcairn v Howlong
Henty v BB Saints

Does anyone else want to have a go, and by what margin?

My tips for the weekend.

My tips for the weekend.

Will Jindera really be that good? As in Flag favourites? They seemed to pick up 10 or so recruits really early on and they are some good players too. But they have lost 5 or 6 since as far as I know for various reasons, mostly work, one including the leagues leading goal kicker from last year (Hilton). I still think they are top 2 or 3 but I am putting my money on Osborne. Speaking of which can you bet on the Hume League Premiers like in the O & M?

Culcairn v Howlong should be the best game this week. Would expect Osborne to be too strong for Lockhart. Old Coreen sides might play some close ones but not too sure of the standard. Good luck to all teams & I hope we see some big upsets during the year.

howlong v cul should be a cracker, seen howlong praccy match and i reckon they might topple the lions this week.

Will Jindera really be that good? As in Flag favourites? They seemed to pick up 10 or so recruits really early on and they are some good players too. But they have lost 5 or 6 since as far as I know for various reasons, mostly work, one including the leagues leading goal kicker from last year (Hilton). I still think they are top 2 or 3 but I am putting my money on Osborne. Speaking of which can you bet on the Hume League Premiers like in the O & M?

I dont think Jindera will be as strong, but i think Osborne will win back to back flags too..

I dont think Jindera will be as strong, but i think Osborne will win back to back flags too..

Osborne is my pick too. Few departures & some quality gains would have to see them favourites again. Munsen is a gun.

Culcairn could go close again. Their midfield would be near the best with Schulz, Gilson, Hutchins, Baker & Allen. Have also added the Border Mails love child, Charlton White, up forward with Donnan & Trav Gardiner in defense.

Jindera to round out the top 3.

Hope I'm wrong and we see some new teams up there, but I doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Osborne is my pick too. Few departures & some quality gains would have to see them favourites again. Munsen is a gun.

Culcairn could go close again. Their midfield would be near the best with Schulz, Gilson, Hutchins, Baker & Allen. Have also added the Border Mails love child, Charlton White, up forward with Donnan & Trav Gardiner in defense.

Jindera to round out the top 3.

Hope I'm wrong and we see some new teams up there, but I doubt it.

I would hope to see BB there but who knows until round 6 when they start playing the big boys!

howlong v cul should be a cracker, seen howlong praccy match and i reckon they might topple the lions this week.

Yeah. reckon Howlong might just get over the Lions this week. My guess is that either Donnan or Charlton White is going to have a very quiet day, thanks to Jay Koehler.:p

Fair call but think of this
out of the Grand Final side
Hilton, Murray, Rixon, Scott, Stubbs
in
B Garland, K Garland, Castles, McPherson, Chammings

i think we would be on par with that side, in saying that other sides have improved there lists. But good luck to all this year :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Fair call but think of this
out of the Grand Final side
Hilton, Murray, Rixon, Scott, Stubbs
in
B Garland, K Garland, Castles, McPherson, Chammings

i think we would be on par with that side, in saying that other sides have improved there lists. But good luck to all this year :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Fair Point PP, like I said I still think Jindera for top 2 or 3, just not outright flag favourties. The Garland boys and Castles can all really play but I don't know the other 2 names, are they top liners? Where they from?

Also when you list Culcairns midfielders like above and think they have 2 quality power forwards they may be pretty hard to beat too. Looking like a pretty solid season ahead. Good luck to all.

Fair Point PP, like I said I still think Jindera for top 2 or 3, just not outright flag favourties. The Garland boys and Castles can all really play but I don't know the other 2 names, are they top liners? Where they from?

Also when you list Culcairns midfielders like above and think they have 2 quality power forwards they may be pretty hard to beat too. Looking like a pretty solid season ahead. Good luck to all.

Remember with Cul though... Who is going to play in the rucks those 2 quality power forwards may become one...

Which teams have good ruck stocks this season? who do u think has the strongest?

Even with bias I would imagine BB quite comfortably. Jindera and Walla were the only games I would say he was beaten all season. With the loss of Whiterod and the addition of Storey for BB I would have them as clearly the best ruck combo.

With the other Storey at Jindera would imagine they will be quite strong there again, Osborne as usual and also R/W.

Howlong may struggle a little unlike in the past Murphy gone??

Even with bias I would imagine BB quite comfortably. Jindera and Walla were the only games I would say he was beaten all season. With the loss of Whiterod and the addition of Storey for BB I would have them as clearly the best ruck combo.

With the other Storey at Jindera would imagine they will be quite strong there again, Osborne as usual and also R/W.

good luck to the storey family when those teams play. I wonder if they will take it easy on each other or if they have some pent up anger from younger years.. lol

Think you might find Murphy will go around again for Howlong this year, but might miss first few games early. Furrugia comes in aswell, good size and decent skills.

Good to see interleague clash to go ahead this year, Hume should be a bit stronger you would think with some of the calibre of recruits on the paddock this year? eg: McKimmie, Shilg, Castles, Koehler, Furrugia. Look forward to seeing the side.

Good to see interleague clash to go ahead this year, Hume should be a bit stronger you would think with some of the calibre of recruits on the paddock this year? eg: McKimmie, Shilg, Castles, Koehler, Furrugia. Look forward to seeing the side.

Ill take a stab at it...

B: Farrugia Koeler Wilson
HB: Fruen Murphy McKimmie
C: Baker Schilg Bloomfield
HF: Wilson Gleeson Castles
F: Charlton-White Barnes Guest
Fol: Glanville Nicholson Munson
I/C: Palmer Storey Gardiner

I would have left some people out and playing people out of position so pick it apart...

Ill take a stab at it...

B: Farrugia Koeler Wilson
HB: Fruen Murphy McKimmie
C: Baker Schilg Bloomfield
HF: Wilson Gleeson Castles
F: Charlton-White Barnes Guest
Fol: (BB) Storey Nicholson Munson
I/C: Palmer Glanville Gardiner

I would have left some people out and playing people out of position so pick it apart...

At this point I rate the (BB saints) Storey higher then Glanville but only time will tell. But besides that it looks pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back