Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothin wrong with a little dirty sanchez :rolleyes:. heard a whisper that rand/walbundrie may have been talking with adam hansen, and also big murph goin around again for the spiders, and murray magpies and walla been getting good numbers at training, (of what quality i dont know). any other news from round the traps?

i got my ear to the ground!

Has lodged a clearance to go to Narrandera, which has been rejected.

Interesting to hear that, after losing Robertson...

Will Cul be able to cover his loss without losing out too much in other areas? Couldnt imagine it being easy to replace a starting ruckman without losing another key possie player to fill the gap...

Getting closer to the start of the season, any last minute signings imminent? When will the Border Mail footy booklet come out will be an interesting read, considering how well clubs have recruited, seems as though the race might be wide open for the first time in years...

Does Mathews from Lavington look like going out to burrum/brock? any whispers of late signings before the start of the season, under a month now until it all starts up :thumbsu:

Honestly have no idea, havent heard anything...

Saints had an intra club hit out Monday. Very good battle between Storey and Glanville in the ruck. Recruits all looked very very good particularly the midfield. Kylin Morey gave the biggest surprise kicking a bag. May just be short another key backman as Dean Murphy was the only defender who was able to stand out.

Interesting to hear that, after losing Robertson...

Will Cul be able to cover his loss without losing out too much in other areas? Couldnt imagine it being easy to replace a starting ruckman without losing another key possie player to fill the gap...

Getting closer to the start of the season, any last minute signings imminent? When will the Border Mail footy booklet come out will be an interesting read, considering how well clubs have recruited, seems as though the race might be wide open for the first time in years...

This friday I believe. Not sure about being wide open, as Osborne & Jindera seem to have a fair bit of depth & quality, however there will certainly be more teams competitive in the middle of the ladder.

Honestly have no idea, havent heard anything...

Saints had an intra club hit out Monday. Very good battle between Storey and Glanville in the ruck. Recruits all looked very very good particularly the midfield. Kylin Morey gave the biggest surprise kicking a bag. May just be short another key backman as Dean Murphy was the only defender who was able to stand out.

I will assume the midfield consisted of Mckimmie, Schilg etc, who else was in there that went well? Kylin going well doesnt surprise me actually as i saw him play once or twice last year.

nothin wrong with a little dirty sanchez :rolleyes:. heard a whisper that rand/walbundrie may have been talking with adam hansen, and also big murph goin around again for the spiders, and murray magpies and walla been getting good numbers at training, (of what quality i dont know). any other news from round the traps?

Are you sure about this dirty ? last i heard he was happily retired, and also that Almond has been trying to lure West (former Henty ruckman, who is also retired) to spiderland to fill their gapping hole in the ruck.
Apparently Almond wanted to make West his 17th assistant coach and the 34th man in his leadership group :D:D

Are you sure about this dirty ? last i heard he was happily retired, and also that Almond has been trying to lure West (former Henty ruckman, who is also retired) to spiderland to fill their gapping hole in the ruck.
Apparently Almond wanted to make West his 17th assistant coach and the 34th man in his leadership group :D:D

The only "Leading" Big Westy would be doing, would be leading the all-time club record of Stubbies consumed between Howlong and Albury on the way home after a game.... I'd reckon the big man could safely lay claim to belting down 10-12 given the right conditions....!!! Go Big Fella!

almost 98% sure he signed onto play again, early last week so my source tells me. has their been any more word about the interleague game?? i though the curtain raiser to the o&m interleague game would be of been a good idea. or has it fallen through after 1 year?

Game over! Its offcial! Jindera are 2010 premiers (according to today BM liftout)!!! and they did it without a forward line! Amazing stuff!

Game over! Its offcial! Jindera are 2010 premiers (according to today BM liftout)!!! and they did it without a forward line! Amazing stuff!

All bold predictions there swanny nothing to be up in arms about. The same liftout had Jindera struggling to make the finals last year. Great reading and idea by the BMM but i wouldn't be looking to much into the predictions after all it's one blokes opinion.

All bold predictions there swanny nothing to be up in arms about. The same liftout had Jindera struggling to make the finals last year. Great reading and idea by the BMM but i wouldn't be looking to much into the predictions after all it's one blokes opinion.
The "bloke" also missed some key signings.. i think it may have been put together without much research about all the teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "bloke" also missed some key signings.. i think it may have been put together without much research about all the teams.

Wouldnt surprise me if there was no research done. Who are these several key signings that were missed? Want to give us a researched or up to date list of comings and goings.

I was very interested to read osbornes and jinderas lists of signings with both teams having alot of very handy pick ups and orborne especially very few losses. Although i have heard that alot of the older brigade were thinking of retirement, may be wrong about that however.

Wouldnt surprise me if there was no research done. Who are these several key signings that were missed? Want to give us a researched or up to date list of comings and goings.

I was very interested to read osbornes and jinderas lists of signings with both teams having alot of very handy pick ups and orborne especially very few losses. Although i have heard that alot of the older brigade were thinking of retirement, may be wrong about that however.

Is there a link to the BM article?

i heard they won by a far bit with the forwardline dominating-barnes 9 goals n church 7 were missing some very good players to

I wasn't there to witness but spoke to people that were..Howlong from all reports were very impressive with names like Barnes stand-outs. Topliners such as Banks, Almond didnt play and Koehler played maybe a quarter? Thurgoona had 10 of their best 21 unavailable (including their key backs) so hard to compare with but as I said, Howlong played some good footy and should definitely be included in finals calculations :thumbsu:

Got over to watch the first half of Culcairn and Tallangatta last night must say ordinary game, skill wise. But did make a few observations about Culcairn.
- Lachie Hutchins killed it adds another dimension to there midfield (very handy)
- New bloke Allen pretty hard at it, added a bit of hardness in the midfield
- Culs backline looks fragile, Gardiner can play but not much around him. Bosley played fullback and turned it over a fair bit.
-Culcairn don't look overly fit especially Fruey.
-Charlton White doesn't move much but when he gets the ball he seems to have a deadly boot.
- Not sure where Donnan will play himself as i think the Ruck is a weakness but him playing there robs them of a CHF which is another weakness
-Usual suspects looked in good nick, Schultz, Barber
Just my observations

Got over to watch the first half of Culcairn and Tallangatta last night must say ordinary game, skill wise. But did make a few observations about Culcairn.
- Lachie Hutchins killed it adds another dimension to there midfield (very handy)
- Culs backline looks fragile, Gardiner can play but not much around him. Bosley played fullback and turned it over a fair bit.
-Charlton White doesn't move much but when he gets the ball he seems to have a deadly boot.
- Not sure where Donnan will play himself as i think the Ruck is a weakness but him playing there robs them of a CHF which is another weakness
Just my observations
Good work NOP, how are the north Albury boys going in the way of Tumba macpherson and Rowan Bandbury will they play senior footy for Jindera.

Just my observations

I dont believe it!

Just my observations
Are you still A/C NOP?

NOP. Would it be fair to say that the Hume league should be much stronger than the Tallangatta league this year. Given a Culcairn side that is not rated highly by many has beaten last years TDFL top 3 . Would think the likes of Jindera, Osborne & BB would be a class above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back