Hume FL - 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone is playing silly buggers i heard today he was going to burrum on huge cash

Hard to know if anyone has a legit claim about Piltzy when every second man is hearing a different thing. One would think he would be odds on to stay at the Hoppers as he is definitely still in the top echelon of players in the ovens and murray, although once he decides he wants to drop back to an easier brand of footy and try his hand at coaching Henty would have to be the place with the family ties to the club.

someone is playing silly buggers i heard today he was going to burrum on huge cash

Serious! Maybe they have trumped the swampies for cash. I have heard he loves the coin. That would be a surprise though because i did hear from a reliable source that he was across the line at Henty.

I heard if he wanted to coach he was headed to henty. My mail had him chasing huge coin as well. Not too sure if we have even spoken to him. So im not sure who u have been speaking to NOP, maybe i should get their number so i cant get some inside info :D

I heard if he wanted to coach he was headed to henty. My mail had him chasing huge coin as well. Not too sure if we have even spoken to him. So im not sure who u have been speaking to NOP, maybe i should get their number so i cant get some inside info :D
Maybe you are playing your cards close to your chest ATS or maybe your just not in the loop but I know skillsy spoke with him last year and I know for sure that he is on skillsy's radar again and he is going to up the ante...

is there a distinct possibilty of Howlong missing the finals:eek:, they have Jindera, Osborne R/W to come. If i have done my sums correctly if they lose this week and Lockhart beat Holbrook and R/W beat Henty they will drop to 7th on %. Thats a big IF though.

Predictions from Albert:
Culcairn, currently 1st 16 wins, BB (h), Jin (a), Osb (h). Prediction 2nd 18 wins.
Holbrook currently 2nd 15 wins, Loc (a), Hen (h), MM (a). Prediction 1st 18 wins.
Jindera, Currently 3rd 15 wins, How (a) Cul (h) BB (a). Prediction 3rd 18 wins.
BB Saints, currently 4th 13 wins, Cul (a), bye, Jin (h). Prediction 4th 14 wins.
Howlong, currently 5th 11 wins, Jin (h), Osb (a), RWT (h). Prediction 5th 13 wins.
Lockhart currently 6th 10 wins, Hol (h), CDH (a), Wal (h). Prediction 6th 12 wins.
RW Tigers currently 7th 10 wins, Hen (a), MM (h), How (a). Prediction 8th 11 wins.
Henty currently 8th 9 wins, RWT (h) Hol (a) CDH (h). Prediction 7th 11 wins.
So finals would be -
Holbrook
Culcairn
Jindera
BB Saints
Howlong
Lockhart

Predictions from Albert:
Culcairn, currently 1st 16 wins, BB (h), Jin (a), Osb (h). Prediction 2nd 18 wins.
Holbrook currently 2nd 15 wins, Loc (a), Hen (h), MM (a). Prediction 1st 18 wins.
Jindera, Currently 3rd 15 wins, How (a) Cul (h) BB (a). Prediction 3rd 18 wins.
BB Saints, currently 4th 13 wins, Cul (a), bye, Jin (h). Prediction 4th 14 wins.
Howlong, currently 5th 11 wins, Jin (h), Osb (a), RWT (h). Prediction 5th 13 wins.
Lockhart currently 6th 10 wins, Hol (h), CDH (a), Wal (h). Prediction 6th 12 wins.
RW Tigers currently 7th 10 wins, Hen (a), MM (h), How (a). Prediction 8th 11 wins.
Henty currently 8th 9 wins, RWT (h) Hol (a) CDH (h). Prediction 7th 11 wins.
So finals would be -
Holbrook
Culcairn
Jindera
BB Saints
Howlong
Lockhart

Fair assessment the AP. From my point of view I hope your on the money and our boys do get one of those top 2 spots. We have been on top pretty much all year and it would be a bit of a letdown to slip out of the top couple in the last few matches, but will see what happens.
Again I think it shows how fickle the draw can be with Jindera potentially losing only two games for the year and not even finishing in the top 2. I suppose these things happen most years since the coreen sides have come across, but not many leagues anywhere would have this anomoly.
There are some big games this week but none bigger than Lockhart and Holbrook, will be very interesting.
Now that we are getting to the business end, is their any news to come out of the tops clubs from the last week or 2 ? Injury news, ect ?
Bring on the warmer weather :thumbsu:

Fair assessment the AP. From my point of view I hope your on the money and our boys do get one of those top 2 spots. We have been on top pretty much all year and it would be a bit of a letdown to slip out of the top couple in the last few matches, but will see what happens.
Again I think it shows how fickle the draw can be with Jindera potentially losing only two games for the year and not even finishing in the top 2. I suppose these things happen most years since the coreen sides have come across, but not many leagues anywhere would have this anomoly.
There are some big games this week but none bigger than Lockhart and Holbrook, will be very interesting.
Now that we are getting to the business end, is their any news to come out of the tops clubs from the last week or 2 ? Injury news, ect ?
Bring on the warmer weather :thumbsu:

yep looks likely we will miss top 2 even if we don't drop another but thats the way the cookie crumbles. What is in our favour is that since the inception of the top 6 only one team has missed the big dance from third which was in 09 being culcairn albeit by a kick on the siren. If your good enough you will make it our evenly spaced byes this year could also be of benefit. Just have to see what happens

yep looks likely we will miss top 2 even if we don't drop another but thats the way the cookie crumbles. What is in our favour is that since the inception of the top 6 only one team has missed the big dance from third which was in 09 being culcairn albeit by a kick on the siren. If your good enough you will make it our evenly spaced byes this year could also be of benefit. Just have to see what happens

Yes I remember that day well, was standing behind the goals as the ball went through. Was an absolute wobbler but none the less reached its intended target. How are your boys travelling nop ? You seem to be getting the job done these last few weeks in a nice style with little fan fare ? But I guess those with the 'harder' draw their seasons starts now. Any news out of the kennel nop ? Not that I expect you to give anyone a leg up on here :) :thumbsu:

Yes I remember that day well, was standing behind the goals as the ball went through. Was an absolute wobbler but none the less reached its intended target. How are your boys travelling nop ? You seem to be getting the job done these last few weeks in a nice style with little fan fare ? But I guess those with the 'harder' draw their seasons starts now. Any news out of the kennel nop ? Not that I expect you to give anyone a leg up on here :) :thumbsu:

struggling heaps of injuries to hey players. No one getting along. Club going under. You don't know anyone who wants to merge

BB starting to pick up their game over the couple of weeks, will be interesting to see how they go against Cul and Jindera. Howlong seem to be in dire straights and could be a chance at missing finals if everything goes against them. I didnt see all the game on Sat but the word is that there was a bit of niggle. I heard that Troy Cooper tried to rough up one of the BB players, even though our kid looks like he was about 16 years old. Not overly courageous.

My tip for grand final is Cul to win by 5 goals over Holbrook or Jindera.

BB starting to pick up their game over the couple of weeks, will be interesting to see how they go against Cul and Jindera. Howlong seem to be in dire straights and could be a chance at missing finals if everything goes against them. I didnt see all the game on Sat but the word is that there was a bit of niggle. I heard that Troy Cooper tried to rough up one of the BB players, even though our kid looks like he was about 16 years old. Not overly courageous.

My tip for grand final is Cul to win by 5 goals over Holbrook or Jindera.
No ONE said it was Courageous was at the game dick head an if you call storey a 16yr old kid then your on the money,should get ya story right first storey clean up kid from howlong in walker an cooper went in as thats what senior players do look after there kids :confused::confused:you wouldnt no being one of the dream team 2s players that bb have that got smashed yet again:thumbsu:

No ONE said it was Courageous was at the game dick head an if you call storey a 16yr old kid then your on the money,should get ya story right first storey clean up kid from howlong in walker an cooper went in as thats what senior players do look after there kids :confused::confused:you wouldnt no being one of the dream team 2s players that bb have that got smashed yet again:thumbsu:

Ha seem to have struck a chord. If you get your story right (no pun intended) Trent and the young fella ran directly into each other, they hit each other face on, not Trent's fault he was a lot bigger than the Howlong kid. Trent obviously didnt go into the scrimmage trying to hurt anyone, but when both teams are going flat chat, contact is going to be made. Just thought it was funny that steve bradshaw and walker went to Storey and Cooper went to our young fella, just saying lol.

In regards to your reserves comment, you have to realise (Just like we realised a long time ago) that reserves football is not AFL. We go out on a saturday and run around a bit for a bit of fun. We don't take things too seriously, which can quite blatently seen with our banter on here. I think you are taking things a bit too much to heart.

Also, don't be afraid to use a bit of punctuation in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha seem to have struck a chord. If you get your story right (no pun intended) Trent and the young fella ran directly into each other, they hit each other face on, not Trent's fault he was a lot bigger than the Howlong kid. Trent obviously didnt go into the scrimmage trying to hurt anyone, but when both teams are going flat chat, contact is going to be made. Just thought it was funny that steve bradshaw and walker went to Storey and Cooper went to our young fella, just saying lol.

In regards to your reserves comment, you have to realise (Just like we realised a long time ago) that reserves football is not AFL. We go out on a saturday and run around a bit for a bit of fun. We don't take things too seriously, which can quite blatently seen with our banter on here. I think you are taking things a bit too much to heart.

Also, don't be afraid to use a bit of punctuation in future.

Angry Mal, I had a bit of a laugh at your last comment. :D

I have been watching Storey play for the last couple of seasons, and i do agree that he is not the sniper type of player. But he is the first person to put his body on the line to help the team out, and it is a very "BIG" body. I saw the end of the shuffle from the players, and i tend to agree the Cooper was being a bit of a whimp picking on our smaller player.

However, i think this whole thing has been blown out, players use "big bumps" all the time, they are great for the game, and tend to motivate a playing group. There was nothing wrong with what happened on saturday against Howlong.

Now lets put it to rest and focus on this weeks game! Should be a very tight contest for us and culcairn.

I would think that Jindera will beat Howlong this weekend, by 50points+

We have secured most our playing list before the end of the year for next season, and are looking for a strong finish to this season. So dont count us off just yet, we are primed to make a very strong run!

Angry Mal, I had a bit of a laugh at your last comment. :D

I have been watching Storey play for the last couple of seasons, and i do agree that he is not the sniper type of player. But he is the first person to put his body on the line to help the team out, and it is a very "BIG" body. I saw the end of the shuffle from the players, and i tend to agree the Cooper was being a bit of a whimp picking on our smaller player.

However, i think this whole thing has been blown out, players use "big bumps" all the time, they are great for the game, and tend to motivate a playing group. There was nothing wrong with what happened on saturday against Howlong.

Now lets put it to rest and focus on this weeks game! Should be a very tight contest for us and culcairn.

I would think that Jindera will beat Howlong this weekend, by 50points+

We have secured most our playing list before the end of the year for next season, and are looking for a strong finish to this season. So dont count us off just yet, we are primed to make a very strong run!

ATS you are pretty confident about the saints coming good, its likely they are going to enter the finals having lost 4 of there last 6 games hardly good preparation. Culcairn will use this week as a training drill for next weeks grand final preview.

ATS you are pretty confident about the saints coming good, its likely they are going to enter the finals having lost 4 of there last 6 games hardly good preparation. Culcairn will use this week as a training drill for next weeks grand final preview.

Culcairn are a very well drilled team, they will be very tough competition this week. We will be more then competitive and put on a good show for the people that attend the game.

BP, I am fairly confidant that the saints are going to come good. The coaches have mixed things up at training over the last couple of weeks and the we are enjoying it a bit more as a result.

We are getting our Mojo back!

ATS i like your confidence towards your team, but i feel that Culcairn are a league above BB, and expect the game to be more one sided than some would think. Just seems like Culcairn are peaking at the right time and are going to storm home to win the GF against Jindera fairly easily.

Realistically does anyone really think the GF is going to be anyone other than Culcairn and Jindera? Would like to get thoughts and reasons if so.

ATS i like your confidence towards your team, but i feel that Culcairn are a league above BB, and expect the game to be more one sided than some would think. Just seems like Culcairn are peaking at the right time and are going to storm home to win the GF against Jindera fairly easily.

Realistically does anyone really think the GF is going to be anyone other than Culcairn and Jindera? Would like to get thoughts and reasons if so.

cul do have some quality players at their disposal. so they will be hard to beat. big call thou that they will win the gf fairly easily. how many points do you call fairly easily??
its well off my call that cul would of gone down this year with the appointment of Klemke, with the amount of people that left. but good on them.

gotta think holbrook is still up there for a grand final spot don't you think? all the hype at the start of the year surely would have to mean something come finals time? unless they have heaps of injuries im unaware of?

jindy. have good players but do they work together for each other when the times get tough? could it be a cul / holbrook gf?

Geez louise Greg. I think it is a bit premature to be firing off with both barrels just yet. I hope it turns out that way for the Lions but can we just wait for the next 8 quarters to pass before we start saying things like "win the GF fairly easily". Personally I think BB will take it right up to us on Saturday, for some reason I think Mckimmie has them primed for all 6 cylinders to start purring, however I do think there are only two teams in the comp who run on 8 cylinders so to speak, and that is us and Jindera. Will be interesting to see who's engine is in tune when it matter. Dont want to turn this in to a motor sport forum but it seem the best anology to explain things :) :thumbsu:

Geez louise Greg. I think it is a bit premature to be firing off with both barrels just yet. I hope it turns out that way for the Lions but can we just wait for the next 8 quarters to pass before we start saying things like "win the GF fairly easily". Personally I think BB will take it right up to us on Saturday, for some reason I think Mckimmie has them primed for all 6 cylinders to start purring, however I do think there are only two teams in the comp who run on 8 cylinders so to speak, and that is us and Jindera. Will be interesting to see who's engine is in tune when it matter. Dont want to turn this in to a motor sport forum but it seem the best anology to explain things :) :thumbsu:

I know it is indeed an early call, but looking at the side containing Klemke and Godde up forward i cant see any team containing them. Both are clever midsized players with good pace and endurance and an excellent overhead game. As for this weekend Murph from BB can only play on one of them.

Holbrook probably lack a big forward, and may have hit their peak early. I like the reference to 2 sides able to run on 8 cylinders, as the rest of the comp struggles to keep up with Cul and Jind whilst they are at full speed.

I know it is indeed an early call, but looking at the side containing Klemke and Godde up forward i cant see any team containing them. Both are clever midsized players with good pace and endurance and an excellent overhead game. As for this weekend Murph from BB can only play on one of them.

Holbrook probably lack a big forward, and may have hit their peak early. I like the reference to 2 sides able to run on 8 cylinders, as the rest of the comp struggles to keep up with Cul and Jind whilst they are at full speed.

I think Holbrook are a bit like BB last year.. Because of their easy run into finals they will struggle to compete. They have the quality on-ballers, but not the forwards/backs to really do damage.

I tend to agree with the comments about Jindera not being able to gel together as a team when it counts. they tend to turn on each other fairly quickly.

BB are just not up to it again this year, they needed to recruit a few players in the last off season, and they didn't. I doubt they will do any damage this year.

However it will be a Jindera v Culcairn GF, and Culcairn will win it.

spiders get over dogs in a great game could of went any way in the end 2 points dogs will need to do a lot of work if they think they can match it with cul:thumbsu: thanks bb boys think you mite of stired coops up a bit with ya coments close to bog:eek::eek:

Heard was a great game, hope there is a big write up in the paper for the boys at the kennel!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back