Hume FL - 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jindera favourites.. unless they have picked up at least six real handy players(names if they have) dont no how they could be favs they were a long way off the pace last year an were just making up numbers:thumbsu:

Tend to agree with you there Bottletop, Jindera were a fair bit off the pace last year. Still waiting to hear of any praccy matches played or to be played?

Tend to agree with you there Bottletop, Jindera were a fair bit off the pace last year. Still waiting to hear of any praccy matches played or to be played?

wouldn't have said a fair way off the pace, but off the pace never the less. We are happy for you all to write us off thats fine as we are going about our business this year with out the fanfare of the past, not sure if we have even had a picture in the paper. But thats the way we like it. Kenny has installed a lot of professionalism that has been missing and the addition's that we have added will add to what was already a strong list. Had very minimal losses to date.
We have Swanpool in Benalla this week and Chiltern next as practice matches. But they don't mean squat. We will wait till the real stuff starts.

wouldn't have said a fair way off the pace, but off the pace never the less. We are happy for you all to write us off thats fine as we are going about our business this year with out the fanfare of the past, not sure if we have even had a picture in the paper. But thats the way we like it. Kenny has installed a lot of professionalism that has been missing and the addition's that we have added will add to what was already a strong list. Had very minimal losses to date.
We have Swanpool in Benalla this week and Chiltern next as practice matches. But they don't mean squat. We will wait till the real stuff starts.
Wasnt hilton in the paper..they dont mean squat cause there two of the lower teams in there league an you should smash them..lockhart got berrigan this weekend start of what could be a big year

What would be the point of playing Swanpool, a lowly Ovens & King League club in a practice match ?? They won 2 games last year.

We had a great team last year, we just fell away at the end. Had a debate with a mate about who will have the best ruck combo. He reckons with steve bradshaw at howlong, that they will. but i think bb saints have it. storey won the league b an f last year and glanville came 2nd the year before, so i reckon they must be miles in front. Daisy last year said that Ryan Story smashed bb last year but I saw first hand Ryan and Trent Storey go up against each other last year and i cant really remember many hitouts at all that ryan clearly won, were as trent won most. think trent storey must have been concussed in the first quarter because he lookded dazed for the rest of the match (unless he always looks like that) but i think he look a big knock to the head. Ryan got a fair bit of the ball around the ground but it was generally the easy ball out the back of the pack. He got more of it than trent, but in saying that, we had the ball way more than bb anyway. I reckon it will be a good showdown between the brothers thins time when we play the saints.
Any thoughts on who has the best ruck duo, gleeson and jamie parr have got to be considered dont they?

But all in all, i think everyone has been underestimating us and overestimating the likes of holbrook and bb. Looking forward to proving everyone wrong.

We had a great team last year, we just fell away at the end. Had a debate with a mate about who will have the best ruck combo. He reckons with steve bradshaw at howlong, that they will. but i think bb saints have it. storey won the league b an f last year and glanville came 2nd the year before, so i reckon they must be miles in front. Daisy last year said that Ryan Story smashed bb last year but I saw first hand Ryan and Trent Storey go up against each other last year and i cant really remember many hitouts at all that ryan clearly won, were as trent won most. think trent storey must have been concussed in the first quarter because he lookded dazed for the rest of the match (unless he always looks like that) but i think he look a big knock to the head. Ryan got a fair bit of the ball around the ground but it was generally the easy ball out the back of the pack. He got more of it than trent, but in saying that, we had the ball way more than bb anyway. I reckon it will be a good showdown between the brothers thins time when we play the saints.
Any thoughts on who has the best ruck duo, gleeson and jamie parr have got to be considered dont they?

But all in all, i think everyone has been underestimating us and overestimating the likes of holbrook and bb. Looking forward to proving everyone wrong.
Hey Just guns that was probably Jindera's biggest problem last year, like you your players also thought they were a pretty great side and in the end I think that one of the things that did catch up with them was their supersized ego's. Now before you all want to take a swipe at me, Iplayed against Jindera last year and yes we got towelled up but the one thing that stuck in my mind was the amount of your players that could do with a bit of humility and that may be the key to success this year,maybe your new coach can instill a bit of this in them.Dont get me wrong I admire a successful team but I dont think much of Jindera's attitude of the past couple of seasons.

Hey Just guns that was probably Jindera's biggest problem last year, like you your players also thought they were a pretty great side and in the end I think that one of the things that did catch up with them was their supersized ego's. Now before you all want to take a swipe at me, Iplayed against Jindera last year and yes we got towelled up but the one thing that stuck in my mind was the amount of your players that could do with a bit of humility and that may be the key to success this year,maybe your new coach can instill a bit of this in them.Dont get me wrong I admire a successful team but I dont think much of Jindera's attitude of the past couple of seasons.

We think we are a pretty great side this year too but inside the club(and on big footy). Over the last few years with have had a little problem with egos,but going forwards we hope that the blokes like Cassidy and his mates shut thier traps this season. But cass has always been a bit of a tool like that, always a spruker. As a team i would say our biggest asset is our depth and fitness - not to mention Bomber! Our downfalls, not too much top end talent, and our EGOS!

Just Guns you doing a good job at trolling as you are talking as if you are a part of our club when clearly you aren't, as a team mate would not come into a public forum hiding behind a made up name and take pot shots at team mates. You obviously don't know Cass as if you did you would know he is far from egotistical, he is an angry man but definately not egotistical.
In regards to the practice matches does it really matter who you play, practice matches are about getting structures and set ups right, Swanpool offered to play as we accepted simple as that, result doesn't mean crap, working on the game plan does. I guarantee you they will still tackle as hard as anyone.

15 Dec 2010, 16:44 #980 Just Guns
BigFooty Newbie

Gold Coast

Re: Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins
NOP - love your work its awesome, dont let a few bad eggs spoil your fun on bigfooty.. But if i have one negitive comment its - "YOU PLAY FOR JINDERA, SCUM OF THE EARTH - GO TO A BETTER TEAM"...
the Jindera players i do know, "fall over all the time; as their heads are toooo BIG". I have also noticed that builders have been to your clubrooms of late - To increase to door frame sizes....

HOLBROOK - How many players did we think they need to pick up before they cause some damage this coming season? Are the players they have picked up enough to be competitive with the bigger teams?

RAND - Heard Rooster has left R/W - money has it that best mate Schilgy is on the move too... Could be a couples package to a lucky side..

OSBOURNE - Are the two big names enough to get into serious contention next year!

HOWLONG - A couple of big signings with the bradshaw boys.. Steve bradshaw will probably be in the top handfull of ruckmen now with the BB rucks the cream of the comp. But is the canteen and PUB big enough for Darren.... AND Are the women of the club prepaired to be bitten! True Blood style!

CLOSING NOTE!!!

WALLA WALLA set to annouce HUGE signing of at least TWO O&M footballers.... who chould they be???????

REMEMBER - CHRISTMAS IS A TIME FOR GIVING...... consider this my gift to you all!!!
user_offline.gif

i rest now rack off JG

i rest now rack off JG[/quote]

I agree this bloke has an identity crisis... upsetting a few people too. He is a bit of a sh*t stirrer.

Any news about Walla? have they managed to recruit anybody new this off season? they seem to be struggling abit. I heard they dont have the kids coming through either. They just cant compete with the other teams that are either closer to town or have the money to throw around. Its a shame!

Heard today that Howlong were beaten convincingly in their praccy match against Thurgoona. Did any one happen to see the game? Again ill ask does anyone know of any other practise matches?????????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power play Rennie at Rennie today for the Peter Murphy Cup. Reserves at 2pm, seniors at 4pm.

Next Saturday v Picola United at John Foord Oval at 12pm.
March 26 v Rutherglen at Rutherglen.

Heard today that Howlong were beaten convincingly in their praccy match against Thurgoona. Did any one happen to see the game? Again ill ask does anyone know of any other practise matches?????????

apparently Bradshaw kicked 11 of about 13 or 14 of the sides goals. Fouracre and Bradshaw were the standouts by all reports.
Talking to a Cul bloke this morning they played Mango last night and lost by 4 or 5 goals, however Cul were missing a few top liners. The young blokes from culcairn impressed as did coach Klemke who seems to be flying under a few radars. I for one won't be writing Cul off yes they have lost a few but add Klemke Logue Paton the big fella from Finley and they are shaping up all right. With Goddee to come later on

Interesting point there John Savage. Eddy must have been a terrible coach. Took a team that couldn't win a game to within a half of footy from a grand final. Coaching involves a lot of things, including recruiting and building a culture, things he did well.

PS I was a fan of Eddy and still am a fan of the club and hope we continue our rise up

Can someone please list the teams for me that make up the Hume FL

Billabong Crows (Oaklands-Urana)
Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock Saints
Coreen-Daysdale-Hopefield-Buraja United Power
Culcairn Lions
Henty Swampies
Holbrook Brookers
Howlong Spiders
Jindera Bulldogs
Lockhart Demons
Murray Magpies
Osborne Cats
Rand-Walbundrie Tigers
Walla Grasshoppers

heard a rumour yesterday simon hillier from henty has been allowed to put a clearance in to head to osborne!! any thoughts? handy player...

15 Dec 2010, 16:44 #980 Just Guns
BigFooty Newbie

Gold Coast

Re: Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins
NOP - love your work its awesome, dont let a few bad eggs spoil your fun on bigfooty.. But if i have one negitive comment its - "YOU PLAY FOR JINDERA, SCUM OF THE EARTH - GO TO A BETTER TEAM"...
the Jindera players i do know, "fall over all the time; as their heads are toooo BIG". I have also noticed that builders have been to your clubrooms of late - To increase to door frame sizes....

HOLBROOK - How many players did we think they need to pick up before they cause some damage this coming season? Are the players they have picked up enough to be competitive with the bigger teams?

RAND - Heard Rooster has left R/W - money has it that best mate Schilgy is on the move too... Could be a couples package to a lucky side..

OSBOURNE - Are the two big names enough to get into serious contention next year!

HOWLONG - A couple of big signings with the bradshaw boys.. Steve bradshaw will probably be in the top handfull of ruckmen now with the BB rucks the cream of the comp. But is the canteen and PUB big enough for Darren.... AND Are the women of the club prepaired to be bitten! True Blood style!

CLOSING NOTE!!!

WALLA WALLA set to annouce HUGE signing of at least TWO O&M footballers.... who chould they be???????

REMEMBER - CHRISTMAS IS A TIME FOR GIVING...... consider this my gift to you all!!!
user_offline.gif

i rest now rack off JG

Box, busted lol.

The old, pretend to hate your own team so your teammates dont catch wind of who this is, trick. Having played for jindy well before we had success over these past few seasons, i have seen the club flourish. However, i am saying that the only downfall from our success is that a select few have become a bit too big for their boots. The club as a whole is humble and we all know that, i am just saying that a few, incl Cass, have become a bit vocal for my liking (my opinion, may not be that of the commitee or other teammates), but as a teammate, i havent liked how he has become arrogant.

Box, busted lol.

The old, pretend to hate your own team so your teammates dont catch wind of who this is, trick. Having played for jindy well before we had success over these past few seasons, i have seen the club flourish. However, i am saying that the only downfall from our success is that a select few have become a bit too big for their boots. The club as a whole is humble and we all know that, i am just saying that a few, incl Cass, have become a bit vocal for my liking (my opinion, may not be that of the commitee or other teammates), but as a teammate, i havent liked how he has become arrogant.

Seeing as you have been there a while then wouldnt it be a better way to go about it by having a chat to him at training?

On to other topics, how have the old coreen teams recruited this year? very quiet over that way?
also howlong have recruited a bloke from deni, arentz, hows he looking and where abouts will he slot in?
Holbrook look to be the big improvers this year by the quality of their signings, how are teams going to stop their midfield?
jake wooden will be recruit of the year if he is as good as when he left but i imagine he will be even better than that!
and finally heard rory muggavin, ex lavington player, who lives in essendon and played with mcalister at essendon & districts has signed with osborne, true?

Box, busted lol.

Really does anyone listen to the shit that comes out of cass or box,s big mouths they both should worry bout tryin to get a kick:)

Seeing as you have been there a while then wouldnt it be a better way to go about it by having a chat to him at training?

On to other topics, how have the old coreen teams recruited this year? very quiet over that way?
also howlong have recruited a bloke from deni, arentz, hows he looking and where abouts will he slot in?
Holbrook look to be the big improvers this year by the quality of their signings, how are teams going to stop their midfield?
jake wooden will be recruit of the year if he is as good as when he left but i imagine he will be even better than that!
and finally heard rory muggavin, ex lavington player, who lives in essendon and played with mcalister at essendon & districts has signed with osborne, true?
Macca married Rory's sister so is probably correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back