Hume FL - 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting results yesterday, by all reports Culcairn were impressive against the magpies, Lockhart found it difficult with no bech after quarter time then losing Marlow to a hammy after half time effectively leaving them with 17 men. Whats happened to Osborne i was impressed with the Crows last week but to beat Osborne wow!!! They will do some damage.

We'll know more about the season from next week when the "top" sides start to play each other. Howlong v Cul, Saints v Maggies, jindera v Henty and Lockhart v Osborne, Great weekend coming up

interesting results yesterday, by all reports Culcairn were impressive against the magpies, Lockhart found it difficult with no bech after quarter time then losing Marlow to a hammy after half time effectively leaving them with 17 men. Whats happened to Osborne i was impressed with the Crows last week but to beat Osborne wow!!! They will do some damage.

We'll know more about the season from next week when the "top" sides start to play each other. Howlong v Cul, Saints v Maggies, jindera v Henty and Lockhart v Osborne, Great weekend coming up

Any early reports on the new recruits to various clubs? Any of the new ovens and murray boys showing any good form? I see that Siabraa seems to be going well from Tallangatta League, obviously Bradshaw, Twitt will be good but any surprises soo far? Is McAlister from Osborne playing yet? What about the gun coaches from Lockhart, they started well?

Just a talking point, was talking to a mate who plays for bb, he was saying that the serial pest mat thorneycroft was back to his normal self and mouthing off and throwing elbows around. he may have to change his ways if he doesnt want a repeat of the brennenmeyer incident lol

Just a talking point, was talking to a mate who plays for bb, he was saying that the serial pest mat thorneycroft was back to his normal self and mouthing off and throwing elbows around. he may have to change his ways if he doesnt want a repeat of the brennenmeyer incident lol
apparently he played most of the game with broken ribs so im sure he wasnt the only 1 throwing elbows around

So where is everyone at???? Not much happening on here. So what's everyone's thought's on D.Bradshaw ?? How is he travelling?? Are Holbrook the smokey's at this stage? Can BB go one step further this season??

So where is everyone at???? Not much happening on here. So what's everyone's thought's on D.Bradshaw ?? How is he travelling?? Are Holbrook the smokey's at this stage? Can BB go one step further this season??
looking at the paper bradshaw looks to be travelling ok with returns of 8 2 6 think will only get better but. holbrook havnt played any of the top sides yet hard to say there the smokeys think jindera an cul are still the sides to bet and for bb not there bottom 10 or so players are just not up to it:confused:

Watched Jindera on the weekend. Very very good team. Wasn't many passengers, got some very classy players who can play any possie. Will be very tough to beat. They play their ground very well

Murray Leahy lining up for Murray Magpies within the next couple of weeks. If fit he should be a handy replacement for Marty Thompson in their forward line.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha, Murray leahy has been to more clubs than ron jeremy has had women. If the magpies are trying to gain respect in the league, picking him up is a huge mistake. WAS a decent footy player, now he will just be a liability. Good fit for marty thompson if they are looking for sniper

Watched Jindera on the weekend. Very very good team. Wasn't many passengers, got some very classy players who can play any possie. Will be very tough to beat. They play their ground very well

Havent seen them in the flesh yet but going by their results they look to be going along ok. I think they have still got 1 or 2 to come into the side i believe ??
We are looking foward to playing them in a couple of weeks, will be good to see where things sit in the early goings.
Osborne must of played fairly well to beat Henty on the weekend, the swampies are no easy beats and are a couragous side, think there biggest loss is about 30 points in what was a very tough month to start the season.
There are going to be some very good games amongst the 'middle rung' sides this season, will be great to watch :thumbsu:

haha, Murray leahy has been to more clubs than ron jeremy has had women. If the magpies are trying to gain respect in the league, picking him up is a huge mistake. WAS a decent footy player, now he will just be a liability. Good fit for marty thompson if they are looking for sniper

Pure gold !!! But he can be up and down more then Ron's pecker. Yes he can play footy . I have seen him out jump ruckman at centre bounce's , punch the ball forward and run and grab it to kick a goal. If he comes to play very handy but if he doesn't you playing one short.

Just a little note for Henty well done on your season so far.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Well we suffered our first lost on the weekend. It was a very physical game from both parties.
Bradshaw was well held by murphy. Although the opening 15minutes of the game bradshaw had 2 goals already. I thought he was going to have a field day! However he was well held for the remainder of the game until the 4th qrt that is..... BB didnt appear to have the legs to carry on? A few of the boys started cramping, and our bottom 10 players struggled to stand up when it counted... Glanville was marking everything that came his way. And Mckimmie seems to have settled into coaching, and the league. He has been one our better players all year.

Hopefully we can come back this week and prove that we are a real threat, and beat culcairn....Its going to be a very good game if our boys are switched on. I have a feeling the Jindera will pump Howlong! hoping its not the case, i would love to see those doggies go down! :p

Have spoken to a mate up at osborne and he hells me that they are very close to getting AKER for a game mid to late season. He said they are throwing heaps of money at him and Glenorchy to allow him to come up.
Also may be an influx of cul blokes coming back, heard a couple(up to 3) arent happy with thurgoonas way of doing things. may see a couple of clearences back to the lions

Have spoken to a mate up at osborne and he hells me that they are very close to getting AKER for a game mid to late season. He said they are throwing heaps of money at him and Glenorchy to allow him to come up.
Also may be an influx of cul blokes coming back, heard a couple(up to 3) arent happy with thurgoonas way of doing things. may see a couple of clearences back to the lions

neither will happen

Nop, kade is a good mate of mine, and i would love to see him back flying, but looking in the paper at the team. Who would you drop in order for him to play up forward, as you have a gun forward line and good amount of talls up there already. can you afford to have so many talls up there at once? or would you play him as a second ruck to Ryan Storey.
Even the second side i think could rival nearly half the seniors sides around! how come Dale McFaull is in the magoos?
I had heard that Ryan was very interested in switching to Saints with his brother at the start of the year. Not sure how he would handle being second ruck to his brother. Has been known to switch clubs just to chase success without loyalty, but cant see him moving now that the dogs are in a top spot for the flag.

Nop, kade is a good mate of mine, and i would love to see him back flying, but looking in the paper at the team. Who would you drop in order for him to play up forward, as you have a gun forward line and good amount of talls up there already. can you afford to have so many talls up there at once? or would you play him as a second ruck to Ryan Storey.
Even the second side i think could rival nearly half the seniors sides around! how come Dale McFaull is in the magoos?
I had heard that Ryan was very interested in switching to Saints with his brother at the start of the year. Not sure how he would handle being second ruck to his brother. Has been known to switch clubs just to chase success without loyalty, but cant see him moving now that the dogs are in a top spot for the flag.[/

I'm hoping that garland cannot break into the seniors as we play them in a couple of weeks.

I get the impression that there would be no way Ryan would play second fiddle to Trent in the ruck. I hear they are too competitive. I don't think there was ever a real play for Ryan on the cards as we are very happy with glanville and stores in our ruck. But, you might be right on the money with Ryan. He doesn't appear to stay at a non successful club for very long. However we have the bye this week and then the twin towers will ruck off against one another when we play jindera in two weeks time.

I had heard that Ryan was very interested in switching to Saints with his brother at the start of the year. Not sure how he would handle being second ruck to his brother. Has been known to switch clubs just to chase success without loyalty, but cant see him moving now that the dogs are in a top spot for the flag.[/

I'm hoping that garland cannot break into the seniors as we play them in a couple of weeks.

I get the impression that there would be no way Ryan would play second fiddle to Trent in the ruck. I hear they are too competitive. I don't think there was ever a real play for Ryan on the cards as we are very happy with glanville and stores in our ruck. But, you might be right on the money with Ryan. He doesn't appear to stay at a non successful club for very long. However we have the bye this week and then the twin towers will ruck off against one another when we play jindera in two weeks time.

I realise i have been one of Big Storza's critics on this forum, but lets be honest, if any of us could chase around premierships every year, we would, well i would anyway. Everyone keeps saying that Trent smashed Ryan last time we played them, but I rekon it was closer than the saints supporters keep spruking! Yes trent got hit in the head hard and probably won more hit outs, we all know that, but Ryan got more of the ball around the ground. Would be interesting to know the exact stats of that game, but Trent got the B and F votes. Will be an interesting tussle next week when the brothers go at it. No doubt Jindera should win, but I will be watching the ruck battle intently, and the winner's head, no doubt, will probably double in size lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back