Hume FL - 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I agree but on this occasion I have it on pretty good sources he had competitive offers from a number of clubs. And jindera topped them all. I'm not saying by a huge amount but jindera did top them. I'm sure money wasn't the only reason, but it certainly made an impact on his decision.

No matter what jindera paid, he is a very good player and a great signing for the club.[/quote]

very excited to have him.

Lol I agree but on this occasion I have it on pretty good sources he had competitive offers from a number of clubs. And jindera topped them all. I'm not saying by a huge amount but jindera did top them. I'm sure money wasn't the only reason, but it certainly made an impact on his decision.

No matter what jindera paid, he is a very good player and a great signing for the club.[/quote]

very excited to have him.

NOP, just wondering if you are a bit out of the loop these days at Jindera, you didnt seem to know much about Kirk and Andrew Wilson leaving, even though both werent a tight lipped secrets. Also in regards to Andy Wilson, good luck to him, best bloke you will ever meet, great clubman and great footballer. Obviously, being from the area, he has many ties to quite a few clubs, and knowing what our club offered him, he will be on a good wicket at Jindera. And worth every dollar, however it will be huge money. Many clubs will be disappointed that they missed out on Andrew, I definately am.

NOP, just wondering if you are a bit out of the loop these days at Jindera, you didnt seem to know much about Kirk and Andrew Wilson leaving, even though both werent a tight lipped secrets. Also in regards to Andy Wilson, good luck to him, best bloke you will ever meet, great clubman and great footballer. Obviously, being from the area, he has many ties to quite a few clubs, and knowing what our club offered him, he will be on a good wicket at Jindera. And worth every dollar, however it will be huge money. Many clubs will be disappointed that they missed out on Andrew, I definately am.

i know a lot more than i let on AM, somethings are better left in house until such time it is ready to be made public. i have close ties with the recruiters and the senior coach (talk daily) i knew Kirk was considering a move a while ago we did try to get him to stay and i had been involved in the dicussions with willo in the eraly stages. If i had inside knowledge of another club i'd be all over it for sure but keep mum about us.

Any truth one of your club legends Sammy O'C has departed BB and is heading up with his former senior coach to Cudgewa for season 2012? Hope he sharpens the elbows on his muscular frame:D Don't think Kirk's old club (Tumba) will be rapt to hear the news (when it arrives by carrier pidgeon) as apparently they were of the opinion he had given a verbal agreement to go back there.:confused::confused::confused:

Just saw on the news that Kirk Wilson has signed on at Chiltern as an assistant coach!
What the hell!!! thought he was heading back to tumba to coach????...
I'm finding it really strange that a B&F winner, has moved clubs after 2 flags and 4-6 seasons to be an AC somewhere else. why wouldnt he stay on as an AC at Jindera?

NOP was there a falling out?? There is a few puppies moving on from the kennel... very strange indeed!

What a great signing by Jack and the team at Chiltern.... That is two quality players after the announcement of their coach from the GV League (Brian Durbidge).

Word has it that Dane O'Neill (2011 Coach), Tim Lamb (2011 Assistant Caoch) and Cameron Cassidy (2011 Captain) have all signed on for 2012 as well. Must speak some sort of volumes about the club if these three have agreed to stay on with the club as well.

What a great signing by Jack and the team at Chiltern.... That is two quality players after the announcement of their coach from the GV League (Brian Durbidge).

Word has it that Dane O'Neill (2011 Coach), Tim Lamb (2011 Assistant Caoch) and Cameron Cassidy (2011 Captain) have all signed on for 2012 as well. Must speak some sort of volumes about the club if these three have agreed to stay on with the club as well.

Pretty sure you want the TDFL thread buddy... This is the hume league thread.. :D

And not too sure about you mentioning those 3 players in the same post as the new coach and Kirk Wilson, as they are far better players then those 3. :eek:

Pretty sure you want the TDFL thread buddy... This is the hume league thread.. :D

And not too sure about you mentioning those 3 players in the same post as the new coach and Kirk Wilson, as they are far better players then those 3. :eek:

Word from south of the border is that Aaron Boyle is looking at an overseas jaunt to play cricket with an English side in 2012.

That would make 6 from the premiership side this year if I am not mistaken.

Any news from bb saints or is it going to be another slow offseason with the coaching staff not being able to attract any quality players. Who have you guys actually lost. I'm assuming that guest won't be back. How about glanvile, Scott & murphy

Any news from bb saints or is it going to be another slow offseason with the coaching staff not being able to attract any quality players. Who have you guys actually lost. I'm assuming that guest won't be back. How about glanvile, Scott & murphy

Things have been pretty quiet at saint land. i know that most of our list has signed on including the above 3 names. To date i dont think we have lost anyone, besides Guest.

In terms of recruiting, I hear we had a good stab at Andrew Wilson, but just couldnt compete with the coin they were throwing around. Im not sure Mckimmie has the to time/contacts to be successful at recruiting???? Not sure though!

We need a few signings in the next 3-4 weeks otherwise we are going to stay where we are on the ladder with no hope of a flag. Hopefully i have been fed the wrong information and we are well and truely on the way to big signings, but there is not even rumors floating around at this stage.

Anyone else want to give a truthful stab at their clubs recruiting?

Things have been pretty quiet at saint land. i know that most of our list has signed on including the above 3 names. To date i dont think we have lost anyone, besides Guest.

In terms of recruiting, I hear we had a good stab at Andrew Wilson, but just couldnt compete with the coin they were throwing around. Im not sure Mckimmie has the to time/contacts to be successful at recruiting???? Not sure though!

We need a few signings in the next 3-4 weeks otherwise we are going to stay where we are on the ladder with no hope of a flag. Hopefully i have been fed the wrong information and we are well and truely on the way to big signings, but there is not even rumors floating around at this stage.

Quiet amusing to hear about this huge coin Willo is supposed to be getting at Jindera,are you forgetting that he grew up nearby and played his junior footy there,nearly call it his home club wouldn't you,if only you knew what he is getting,I think you would be surprised.

If McKimmie doesn't have the time to get onto the recruiting wouldn't that be a good time for the assistant coach to step up and help him out..... Am assuming that Storey has signed on again and with a lot of time playing in the O&M would have a good list of contacts to utilise!!!!!!

If McKimmie doesn't have the time to get onto the recruiting wouldn't that be a good time for the assistant coach to step up and help him out..... Am assuming that Storey has signed on again and with a lot of time playing in the O&M would have a good list of contacts to utilise!!!!!!

Storey has signed on, although im not sure if he is an assistant again. And if he is, both he and Mckimmie are very good players, but they are both one club players - which has limited their contacts. I get the feeling that both players do not have any intention of raiding their old clubs playing stocks as well.

If you have met either Mckimmie or storey, you would realise that they are not the men to be recruiting.. Great guys, but both very quiet.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Storey has signed on, although im not sure if he is an assistant again. And if he is, both he and Mckimmie are very good players, but they are both one club players - which has limited their contacts. I get the feeling that both players do not have any intention of raiding their old clubs playing stocks as well.

If you have met either Mckimmie or storey, you would realise that they are not the men to be recruiting.. Great guys, but both very quiet.....
Begs the question then why would the Saints appoint (and then reappoint) two blokes to positions when recruiting is a key criteria for coaching? Wonder if the Saints will come to regret giving Eddy the boot. Matt Fowler 50/50 of going R/W not interested in coaching though and turned down a massive offer from Walla. I hope Piltzy clones a couple of himself cause i think the Swampies are in for a slide down the ladder unless they start picking up players. Howlong flag favorites at this stage for me:)

Begs the question then why would the Saints appoint (and then reappoint) two blokes to positions when recruiting is a key criteria for coaching? Wonder if the Saints will come to regret giving Eddy the boot. Matt Fowler 50/50 of going R/W not interested in coaching though and turned down a massive offer from Walla. I hope Piltzy clones a couple of himself cause i think the Swampies are in for a slide down the ladder unless they start picking up players. Howlong flag favorites at this stage for me:)
Hey Chucky , you seem to have connections at Henty,what the hell is going on out there,my mail is there is trouble at committee level ala Walla of a couple years ago( and we have seen how well that has worked at Walla).Hmmm interesting times ahead I hear...

Hey Chucky , you seem to have connections at Henty,what the hell is going on out there,my mail is there is trouble at committee level ala Walla of a couple years ago( and we have seen how well that has worked at Walla).Hmmm interesting times ahead I hear...

I got told there were 2 committee men at Henty who without others knowledge approached Piltz, Piltz showed interest and they then went ahead and told Wiseman thanks for everything but see you later. If true a shame because Wiseman and Wilson had done a great job. Handled correctly they may have even been able to keep them all and really move forward, but as we know Wilson has walked, a few others have walked and no gains as yet outside of Piltz. Ordinary stuff really.

Fowler won't go to R/W, fields offers each year from all over the place being a big forward, then gets a few more bucks at Albury and stays. Won't leave Albury especially considering they are already a massive chance to go back, to back, to back, to back........

Funny go and talk to Andrew he will say we were third or 4th in cash offered and thats behind Henty BB and a Tallangatta league club., know the guy you will know the genuine person who wants to finish his footy at his home club. Also spoke to Kirk he has Tumba in the loop with everything that went on. His job which is of a travelling salesman and the fact his wife is exoecting are the reasons he did not go to Tumba, which they were well aware.
By the way from what i understand last season we were about 5 or 6th highest budget???? lets open that can of worms

Funny go and talk to Andrew he will say we were third or 4th in cash offered and thats behind Henty BB and a Tallangatta league club., know the guy you will know the genuine person who wants to finish his footy at his home club. Also spoke to Kirk he has Tumba in the loop with everything that went on. His job which is of a travelling salesman and the fact his wife is exoecting are the reasons he did not go to Tumba, which they were well aware.
By the way from what i understand last season we were about 5 or 6th highest budget???? lets open that can of worms

And you knew that from each club submitting their budgets to the league for salary cap audits????:eek::eek:The old we don't really spend as much as the next club trick....

And you knew that from each club submitting their budgets to the league for salary cap audits????:eek::eek:The old we don't really spend as much as the next club trick....

i would NFI what other clubs spend and don't care to be honest just trying to get some healthy debate happening as it seems to get boring on here from time to time. You know as well as me STP that no one has any idea what any other club spends, it is always speculation that gets healthy debate going. No one has been forthcoming with any rumours of signings so i thought i'd try a proven debate starter. All for fun!!!!

i would NFI what other clubs spend and don't care to be honest just trying to get some healthy debate happening as it seems to get boring on here from time to time. You know as well as me STP that no one has any idea what any other club spends, it is always speculation that gets healthy debate going. No one has been forthcoming with any rumours of signings so i thought i'd try a proven debate starter. All for fun!!!!

So you dont know what other clubs spend but at least 4 or 5 clubs would spend more than you guys. This sort of logic makes me think of the great American Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfield who issued a press release on behalf of the Jindera Football Club.
'There are known knowns; there are things we know we know.
We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know'.:thumbsu:

Fair comments, ill give my top a go.

Holbrook
Culcairn
Howlong
Jindera
BB Saints

Crows
Pies
CDHBU

Pick it apart!

top 5 would be pretty close i'd nearly have BB a bit higher, we know for a fact they paid some ordinary players reasonable sums.

Yeah i agree, but i would say they would only be paying their top 10 players or so. where as a club like jindera would be paying almost their whole list. It may not be the top end coin the BB pay their top 5 players but would probably equal out a bit higher...
I would think that between Jindera, BB and howlong there wouldnt be much between what they spend.

Holbrook would be HUGE COIN!

Who do you think were overpaid for the saints NOP?

Yeah i agree, but i would say they would only be paying their top 10 players or so. where as a club like jindera would be paying almost their whole list. It may not be the top end coin the BB pay their top 5 players but would probably equal out a bit higher...
I would think that between Jindera, BB and howlong there wouldnt be much between what they spend.

Holbrook would be HUGE COIN!

Who do you think were overpaid for the saints NOP?

I just know of a couple former jindera juniors that went there, we made our offer to them which we thought was reasonable in relation to what their market value was. Upon speaking to their old man he told us we weren't even close to the saints offer, to the point where he said if we could increase our offer he would personally chip him to get them to us. Didn't happen though.
But no complaints from our end. A young bloke has to do what his gotta do.

I just know of a couple former jindera juniors that went there, we made our offer to them which we thought was reasonable in relation to what their market value was. Upon speaking to their old man he told us we weren't even close to the saints offer, to the point where he said if we could increase our offer he would personally chip him to get them to us. Didn't happen though.
But no complaints from our end. A young bloke has to do what his gotta do.

Thats fair enough NOP. I guess i underestimated just how desperate BB were when it came to recruitment. I do wonder if their coach has been offered more support this year, as it appears from what you have just said and who they recruited last year that recruiting is just not mckimmies strong point.

Have heard there is a few departures from magpies to other HFL clubs. Not sure of names, but Walla appears to have signed one and culcairn as well.

NOP was walking to a bloke on the wkend, and he said that Jindera have something like 4-6 Assistant coachs next year.. i laughed at this because it would rival the AFL system.. Please tell me that my source was purely talking through the eyes of grog. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back