Franz Scliebs to Walla
Nico back to howlong
probably their 6 best GAWN

Maggies in strife
Lappin, Lieshckie, Thorneycroft to culcairn
Franz Scliebs to Walla
Nico back to howlong
probably their 6 best GAWN

If true I reckon it's pretty poor by Culcairn, a strong club picking off the best talent from weaker clubs in the same League.

If true I reckon it's pretty poor by Culcairn, a strong club picking off the best talent from weaker clubs in the same League.

Its almost November and they haven't got a coach! The only poor form is from the Murray Magpies committee. If there is ever a change of coach team always lose a few, but to lose a coach and have no replacement for 2 or 3 months equals DISASTER time for a club.

I wouldnt say its poor form, but smart from another club to see an opportunty and take it. Its recruiting season, the players must have wanted out to leave? And they dont have a coach so i would be walking as well. If culcairn are the only club that are offering a contract then why would a player turn it down?

You said it yourself, they are a strong club and the maggies appear to be heading down the ladder..Players play to win, not to coach themselves into losing every week.

I wouldnt say its poor form, but smart from another club to see an opportunty and take it. Its recruiting season, the players must have wanted out to leave? And they dont have a coach so i would be walking as well. If culcairn are the only club that are offering a contract then why would a player turn it down?

You said it yourself, they are a strong club and the maggies appear to be heading down the ladder..Players play to win, not to coach themselves into losing every week.
Thats ok but how did you blokes feel when Anthony Ross, Sean Miles and Nico left to go to Howlong when you blokes were on your knee's? I'm sure the rest of the playing group could 'understand' when they left.:thumbsdown:

Thats ok but how did you blokes feel when Anthony Ross, Sean Miles and Nico left to go to Howlong when you blokes were on your knee's? I'm sure the rest of the playing group could 'understand' when they left.:thumbsdown:

We are not talking about the saints we are taking about culcairn and the maggies.

But yeah, we were disappointed but it was there choice to leave. As its the players choice to do what's best for their footy and families. At the end of the day it's only a game. :D

Is there any talk of taking the grand final into Albury? because I am quite sick of the new clubs in the TDFL talking about moving the big game.... maybe they should be happy with what they have and stop winging. I think the Hume league and Tallangatta league are right where they should be, good numbers to the finals and a good standard of footy... concentrate on your own clubs I think

Is there any talk of taking the grand final into Albury? because I am quite sick of the new clubs in the TDFL talking about moving the big game.... maybe they should be happy with what they have and stop winging. I think the Hume league and Tallangatta league are right where they should be, good numbers to the finals and a good standard of footy... concentrate on your own clubs I think
Absolutely no chance of Hume Grand Final going to Albury.Hume has always said that Walbundrie is and always will be their finals venue because of location.

Ok guys this is what I am hearing so far around the traps. Please feel free to correct me were you see fit!
Magpies to lose Thorneycroft Leichke and H Murray to Culcairn and Franz to Walla, Lappin, Zurek to Dedderang with a couple of others looking to get out as well
Mitch Palmer has returned to Lavington with Hankel and Hall weighing up offers from Thurgoona alnong with Matty Bain whom every club has attempted to have a chat with
Big Glanville although signed at saints has spoken to upper murray clubs as well as a big offer from Dedderang
Henty has the obvious ones in Willo Wisey and Ohlin back to basketball, I have also heard a couple of their boys planning on going overseas
Howlong has lost Jack Hancock back to Melbourne and maybe Hoskin to retirement
Walla using all Nagle connections out of Darwin and looks to have a co-coach out of there
Jindera to lose the obvious ones, although I did hear that Sibraa was made a big offer to coach Murray Magpies and was weighing up all things NOP???
Been a busy start to silly season, don't shoot the messenger:D:D

Is Daniel Cassidy having another crack in the O&M this year have heard he is anyone no for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that would be Hayden Murray at my guess. He struggled to get to Urana Rd for training. If he commits it would be a great pick up for cul

Cal McClay one of many former Osborne players returning to the cats. will have a cushy draw and will be the roughy. Interesting to hear Walla training 3 nights a week, have been told Walla likely to have up to 15 new recruits. (Relton "magpie goose" Roberts) has been revealed as a possible.

I know for a fact the John Muray is playing at Chiltern next season! And was talking to Hayden Murray and he said that there is a difference between signing there and actually playing there! My tip is that he wont play

Cal McClay one of many former Osborne players returning to the cats. will have a cushy draw and will be the roughy. Interesting to hear Walla training 3 nights a week, have been told Walla likely to have up to 15 new recruits. (Relton "magpie goose" Roberts) has been revealed as a possible.
Yes Osborne are up and about already,my mail is they will be getting back most of their local boys that are currently playing in Farrer league,expect them to be big movers...word is Garry OConnell is back on the cats committee and has the cheque book ready...Fair to say that Walla would need to recruit well though,they are coming from a long way back.

I didnt realise that it is the same Maksymow that played lavy 3rds. Mind you its not the most common name. I remember watching that 3rds granny thinking that the kid was the quickest player i had ever seen live. Sh1t he could fly. Someone said a few years ago that he had chose rugby over footy. Guess not.

I love that Hayden Murray quote "just because i signed there, doesnt mean ill play there". Thats the sort of attitude we want all footballers to have, ha ha. I suppose at least he admitted that it is his usual form.

I retract my quote about Johnny Murray playing at Chiltern. Talked to him this morning and he is coming to our training on Monday week which is good news! Awesome person to have around the footy club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back