Hume FL......2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how you can have a sook about Goode obviously doing his job well and reporting the facts as they happen. If Walker had reason to complain about the "secret" being leaked it should be directed at the Jindera committee - it's got nothing to do with back handed slaps.

Thanks for that DF, so we have established where the info came from then ? I'm sure the Jindera source will continue to be forthcoming with info in the future... :thumbsu:

What would Big Footy be without Jindera..... We'd go back to hearing about how good BB Saints twos players are.! lol. Move on to some more juicy gossip/topics....!!!

What's Gunna be the reaction after RW announce their new coach is an internal selection.??????

Will Lockhart shut the doors if Cerato takes the cream back to Turvey.?

What would Big Footy be without Jindera..... We'd go back to hearing about how good BB Saints twos players are.! lol. Move on to some more juicy gossip/topics....!!!

What's Gunna be the reaction after RW announce their new coach is an internal selection.??????

Will Lockhart shut the doors if Cerato takes the cream back to Turvey.?

Would that be athaniatis time trialer. Lockhart could be in a bit of froff and bubble. sad to see Fruey retire will leave a big hole at Culcairn. tips for this week spiders and brookers

I had heard a little while ago that Anthanitis was going to be the coach, but didn't say anything due to I thought it was utter rubbish. I thought surely they wouldnt appoint someone within the club, basically for recruiting point of view. I cant see R/W imporving without a massive influx of new players. Their current list is no good, especially losing Marmo, Jesse Dale, Cam McNeil, Gilly and with the likes of Ben Schilg, Ryan Hehir and Snowy McCall not getting a go in seniors or not wanting to play seniors. I would have though targetting an O and M player would have been the smartest gameplan to try and improve. Any thoughts?

I also had heard that there will be a few players going back and trying their luck in the O and M, cant remember all the names I was told, but Mikal Bloom and Danny Williams were two that I had heard.

I had heard a little while ago that Anthanitis was going to be the coach, but didn't say anything due to I thought it was utter rubbish. I thought surely they wouldnt appoint someone within the club, basically for recruiting point of view. I cant see R/W imporving without a massive influx of new players. Their current list is no good, especially losing Marmo, Jesse Dale, Cam McNeil, Gilly and with the likes of Ben Schilg, Ryan Hehir and Snowy McCall not getting a go in seniors or not wanting to play seniors. I would have though targetting an O and M player would have been the smartest gameplan to try and improve. Any thoughts?

I also had heard that there will be a few players going back and trying their luck in the O and M, cant remember all the names I was told, but Mikal Bloom and Danny Williams were two that I had heard.

I thought bloomy was heading back os

With the finals starting its time for the league to seriously consider changing the setup for next year to even things up, its clear that a top 6 does not work for many reasons. The league should consider O&Ks model of a top 8 which allows 4 teams a second chance. Introducing this and allowing the highest ranked teams to have a home final would be the advantage the first week. For the second and third weeks the finals would be played at walbundrie with the higher ranked team playing the saturday and lesser sunday with the grand final the 4th week.

The second thing the league needs to consider is the draw, it obviously impossible to have 2 rounds so it is impossible to be even but the current model which teams follow other teams gives teams advantages over others depending who teams have been following. Switch to an AFL style system which scrambles the draw not some $2 computer system.

As for this years premiers the only sure thing being that Osborne will be in it. Henty cant make it without sullivan and if holbrook can gain lamb and howlong bradshaw they could repeat Jindera last year and win it from outside the top 2.

Top 8 in a 13 team league is ludicrous. A return to a 5 makes more sense, however the 6 is a fair system. Win enough games to make top 2 or do it the hard way. Simple.

Agree best six always make it. draw affects top 2 positioning but other then that all is fair.

What is the current status of the coaching positions in the League ? We know Twitt staying at Holbrook & Piltz staying at Henty, Walker to Jindera, Athanitis doing RWT. Culcairn, Howlong, Magpies, Walla & Crows all looking, What about Osborne, BB Saints, Lockhart, CDHBU ? Heard anything ?

What is the current status of the coaching positions in the League ? We know Twitt staying at Holbrook & Piltz staying at Henty, Walker to Jindera, Athanitis doing RWT. Culcairn, Howlong, Magpies, Walla & Crows all looking, What about Osborne, BB Saints, Lockhart, CDHBU ? Heard anything ?
Mcalister staying at osborne, saints im hearing mixed reports of schilg or J Carey. CDHBU talbot likely to stay. Lockhart not sure Cerato is coaching Turvey Park, not sure about danger.

I went out to walbundrie on sun to watch cul vs hol whats going on with the ground out there its a disgrace .The game wasn't much better holbrooks back line are a bunch of skinny kids i thought i was watching under 17 wen i turned up .As for the umpiring no wonder they are out in the sticks i don't go for either side but thomson gets a free for getting pushed then holbrook get a free for back chat then baker clearly gets punched on the ground umpire 1 metre away clearly sees punch and nothing is done??????This is finals footy lets use our brains umpires . These umpires have got no idea they need to start paying decent money for umpires then we will get decent umpires its a no brainer.

I went out to walbundrie on sun to watch cul vs hol whats going on with the ground out there its a disgrace .The game wasn't much better holbrooks back line are a bunch of skinny kids i thought i was watching under 17 wen i turned up .As for the umpiring no wonder they are out in the sticks i don't go for either side but thomson gets a free for getting pushed then holbrook get a free for back chat then baker clearly gets punched on the ground umpire 1 metre away clearly sees punch and nothing is done??????This is finals footy lets use our brains umpires . These umpires have got no idea they need to start paying decent money for umpires then we will get decent umpires its a no brainer.

Umpire numbers are critical with the use of club umpires for senior games late in the year. any attack on umpires is not warranted. if you have that much of an issue grab a whistle. in regards to the ground i was talking to a playing coach of one of the sides and he said it was worse then last year. time to rotate the first 3 weeks of finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mate i can say what i like its a footy forum isn't it and umpires do deserve criticism all the players get it why can't umpires ?This is meant to be a mans game umpires need to man up ! these players bust their arse all year and to have a game decided because a bloke pushes a bloke or calls a umpire a tosser come on what a joke .bit hard to play and umpire at the same time !

mate i can say what i like its a footy forum isn't it and umpires do deserve criticism all the players get it why can't umpires ?This is meant to be a mans game umpires need to man up ! these players bust their arse all year and to have a game decided because a bloke pushes a bloke or calls a umpire a tosser come on what a joke .bit hard to play and umpire at the same time !

Fair enough but its attitudes and comments like this is the reason why our umpire numbers are at critical levels. but as touch say it is your opinion.

what would you rather see? free kicks (even yellow cards) for a punch (jumper or light tap) or if its not too serious play on? you can get some dodgy calls and what not, but unless both umpires on the day are going to take the same approach (no nonsne-no backchat) its always going to be decided differntly at opposite ends of the ground.

but you make a valid point. some of the umpires who are too old/ fat. they dont make it to the contest , so instead dont blow the whistle because it means they have to leave the centre square. that can get frustrating.

The issue isn't the state of the ground right now. It's how is holds up with 8 more games this weekend. Then 4 more. Then 3 more til the most important one of the year. Forget the boghole the other year, that was just mother nature dropping some rain. The issue is the hardness under foot. Even if it looks green, it is generally still like concrete underneath.

Tips for the weekend
Osborne by 21
Holbrook by 8
Jindera 3rds by 15
wind to affect one end at walbundrie.
Rumours:
Maher to maggots tbc
j Carey to bb

Tips for the weekend
Osborne by 21
Holbrook by 8
Jindera 3rds by 15
wind to affect one end at walbundrie.
Rumours:
Maher to maggots tbc
j Carey to bb

I guess where there's smoke there's fire. I was speaking to a couple of guys from BB and they were heavily going after some Albury players. Didnt get any names, but definitely sounded like several (assume Carey was one) on the radar. Could it be Justin Carey coach, Luke Schilg assistant and some others from Albury lured out???

With clint gilson coaching mitta have heard Simmons is heading up the mountains with him. also he's apparently in deep talks with shannon gilson and Trent logue. on culcairn chad hamblin who??is firming as their coach. Maher rumour has gathered massive momentum as well as Pierre looking like heading to walla.

Some good info ther Box, I have also heard from a couple of Magpies players about that rumour, but just thought it may have been young blokes spruking. Well done to Holbrook for knocking off Howlong on the weekend, I dont think there will be too many tears shed from the rest of the league now that Howlong are out. I have noticed that Marc Almond was playing in the back half of the season. I was under the impression that they were on 20 points and had given Almond 0 points because he wasnt going to play. Surely the league will have to do something about Howlong now being over the points system. No doubt nothing will happen because the leauge committee are gutless and don't enforce harsh enough penalties (Just look at Tom Marlow's incident). The points system needs to be enforced and penalties applied, even with this independant overseer, it is still a joke. Especially since there is an exemption for a town like Howlong for people who live there get 0 points (Karl Jacka). Surely a club like Walla could argue that Relton Roberts lived there, therefore he should theoretically be on 0 points as well. Thoughts?

Some good info ther Box, I have also heard from a couple of Magpies players about that rumour, but just thought it may have been young blokes spruking. Well done to Holbrook for knocking off Howlong on the weekend, I dont think there will be too many tears shed from the rest of the league now that Howlong are out. I have noticed that Marc Almond was playing in the back half of the season. I was under the impression that they were on 20 points and had given Almond 0 points because he wasnt going to play. Surely the league will have to do something about Howlong now being over the points system. No doubt nothing will happen because the leauge committee are gutless and don't enforce harsh enough penalties (Just look at Tom Marlow's incident). The points system needs to be enforced and penalties applied, even with this independant overseer, it is still a joke. Especially since there is an exemption for a town like Howlong for people who live there get 0 points (Karl Jacka). Surely a club like Walla could argue that Relton Roberts lived there, therefore he should theoretically be on 0 points as well. Thoughts?

Would that mean any player living in lavington is worth no points to magpies

Would that mean any player living in lavington is worth no points to magpies
Exactly right NOP, except I think the rule only applies to Howlong. There is absolutely no reason why a town the size of Howlong needs extra help in terms of Points/recruiting. If anything, the rule should apply to likes of Oaklands and Coreen who struggle each year to recruit and has a very small population, surely this rule would be better put to use in an act try and get more evenness in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back