Hume FL......2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GeeUUess 329324na The under 21 is nsw/act[/QUOTE said:
na mate its a neafl eastern conference side. there is a senior and an under 21 side playing against the neafl north . it's not a state side

add to them and i apologise if i miss any.
twitt bloom lamb mcneil sibraa 2x bradshaws Taylor Roberts fruean barber Clarke perzyk piltz a murray that's 14 off the top of my head. we can complain that the best dont make themselves available but when u look at it from the players point of view, no real benefit or reward, having to play both Easter and queens birthday, clubs only 2 byes plus interleague. long tough season players will opt for a break. especially those who may go deep in the finals.
100% agree with what your saying in regards to the players point of view, which is why I think the concept is in danger again. I really enjoy the interleague side of it and will be dissapointed to see it go, of the above players you have Taylor playing for Bendigo today, Darren Bradshaw still 6 weeks away from returning from injury, Barber struggled with injury all year and Fruey retired from interleague at the end of last years game after 6 years of great service. All legit reasons.
On the flip side of all of this you have a guy like Hayden Gleeson who missed a club game last week to give himself every chance to be right for today after suffering a bit of calf soreness.
However I do agree with you from a bye point of view, and having to play over the breaks. Obviously Howlong are not to concerned with overdoing it with 7-8 players in the side today:D:thumbsu:

na mate its a neafl eastern conference side. there is a senior and an under 21 side playing against the neafl north . it's not a state side
I will stand by my comment. The under 21s is a state side. There are two ganmain grong grong matong players in the side. GGGM is not in the NEAFL.
http://www.neafl.com.au/index.php?i...s]=853&cHash=d376a9e1991453e2015b51160c59354b

The NEAFL website specifically says the under 21s side is NSW ACT. Whether its the best 22 players NSWACT have to offer is another story but the side isn't NEAFL and rather NSW ACT.

100% agree with what your saying in regards to the players point of view, which is why I think the concept is in danger again. I really enjoy the interleague side of it and will be dissapointed to see it go, of the above players you have Taylor playing for Bendigo today, Darren Bradshaw still 6 weeks away from returning from injury, Barber struggled with injury all year and Fruey retired from interleague at the end of last years game after 6 years of great service. All legit reasons.
On the flip side of all of this you have a guy like Hayden Gleeson who missed a club game last week to give himself every chance to be right for today after suffering a bit of calf soreness.
However I do agree with you from a bye point of view, and having to play over the breaks. Obviously Howlong are not to concerned with overdoing it with 7-8 players in the side today:D:thumbsu:

Troy isn't playing with bendigo, he has flown home for personal reasons from what I've heard.

I will stand by my comment. The under 21s is a state side. There are two ganmain grong grong matong players in the side. GGGM is not in the NEAFL.
http://www.neafl.com.au/index.php?i...s]=853&cHash=d376a9e1991453e2015b51160c59354b

The NEAFL website specifically says the under 21s side is NSW ACT. Whether its the best 22 players NSWACT have to offer is another story but the side isn't NEAFL and rather NSW ACT.

i stand corrected. the report on the game i read said differently. not sure why no o and m players were selected.

What happened ???

lots of key players missing from the team i selected.the tdfl on ballers were top quality players and had it all over hume. not having the lockhart players play hurt hume as they only had second rate midfielders playing. but in saying that, at least they played and tried thier best.. i jhink all players under 30 selected not but play should not be allowed to play the next weekend.

lots of key players missing from the team i selected.the tdfl on ballers were top quality players and had it all over hume. not having the lockhart players play hurt hume as they only had second rate midfielders playing. but in saying that, at least they played and tried thier best.. i think all players under 30 selected who did not play should not be allowed to play the next weekend.

I'm assuming that's what you were trying to say!

What a ridiculous argument! Why draw the line at 30 year olds, or at 26 years old as suggested in the BMM. As if being a certain age is ever a good enough reason for doing or not doing something.

My point of view on all interleague footy is this. If blokes don't wanna play, that's their choice. Some will want to go by the rule of playing the best footy they can for as long as they can - good on them. So pick your team from the best available. Even if that means the best 22 players in the comp don't wanna be apart of it, choose the next best 22 and treat them with the respect they deserve. I'd much prefer to have 22 blokes who wanna be apart of it then 22 blokes who are only playing because they've been forced to by the league.

While I'm going, let's not for a minute expect the players of today to have the same amount of passion or desire for interleague footy as the players of the 80's, 90's or 00's once had. Like it or not, things have changed. Lets stop trying to make it 'like it used to be' and move on.

What a ridiculous argument! Why draw the line at 30 year olds, or at 26 years old as suggested in the BMM. As if being a certain age is ever a good enough reason for doing or not doing something.

My point of view on all interleague footy is this. If blokes don't wanna play, that's their choice. Some will want to go by the rule of playing the best footy they can for as long as they can - good on them. So pick your team from the best available. Even if that means the best 22 players in the comp don't wanna be apart of it, choose the next best 22 and treat them with the respect they deserve. I'd much prefer to have 22 blokes who wanna be apart of it then 22 blokes who are only playing because they've been forced to by the league.

While I'm going, let's not for a minute expect the players of today to have the same amount of passion or desire for interleague footy as the players of the 80's, 90's or 00's once had. Like it or not, things have changed. Lets stop trying to make it 'like it used to be' and move on.

Hit the nail on the head, Head.

Hit the nail on the head, Head.

Simple resolution, every players gets $500 for playing, and another $250 if they win.
F*ck the jumper, F*ck the shirts, F*ck the jackets, F* the medallion - they are all just dust collectors. Sorry to the old stalwarts but it's true. Some blokes still cherish the jumper with a bit of pride, but they are few and far between - and often probably not in the best 22 to begin with i'll add.
Watch them come out of the woodwork if the good old johnny cash gets dangled in front of them.
For what its worth I am still a fan of interleague footy but I don't know where it sits in the whole scheme of things anymore.
I know one thing though, the league that wins = interleague is alive and well. The league that loses = interleague is dead and has become irrelevant :thumbsu: :D

After reading the posts of you blokes it might be time to give interleague a spell or maybe get rid of it all together.While I know you cannot enforce penalties for players not wanting to play it was a shame to see the side that ended up running out on the ground, I would argue with anyone who tried to deny that it was not very much a B grade side...some of those players are not even in their clubs best 6.If the best players cannot represent the league then piss it off.

noticed that only one bradshaw was named on friday?? what's going on with them?? if only one is playing Howlong would be saving a bit of Neville !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good work by the Hume League supporting the Republican movement by playing footy this weekend. Or is it that the HFL headquarters is in the German district? Troubled times, does it mean that the majority of dairy farmers are protestants who support the queen but then again the royal family is more or less German, as i said troubled times

Just wondering if anyone noticed the oversight in yesterday's Border Mail referring to Culcairn as the "Premier" ?
I'm not going to go into the obvious detail of Brett Godde being a massive one-eyed Lions supporter but surely this was a backhander to Jindera and their demise this season. Godde all but annointed Culcairn as last year's premier after they flogged howlong in round 16 last year only to be out in straight sets 4 weeks later at the hands of Jindera. Wouldn't mind getting the thoughts of those at the kennel as I suspect the heading would of raised a few eyebrows yesterday morning.
I think it's pretty obvious the dogs won't be participating in finals this year so you would think that they would stand up for themselves and for the title of "premier" that is rightfully theirs, regardless of where they currently sit this season.

Just wondering if anyone noticed the oversight in yesterday's Border Mail referring to Culcairn as the "Premier" ?
I'm not going to go into the obvious detail of Brett Godde being a massive one-eyed Lions supporter but surely this was a backhander to Jindera and their demise this season. Godde all but annointed Culcairn as last year's premier after they flogged howlong in round 16 last year only to be out in straight sets 4 weeks later at the hands of Jindera. Wouldn't mind getting the thoughts of those at the kennel as I suspect the heading would of raised a few eyebrows yesterday morning.
I think it's pretty obvious the dogs won't be participating in finals this year so you would think that they would stand up for themselves and for the title of "premier" that is rightfully theirs, regardless of where they currently sit this season.

didn't take any notice have learnt that in the past 12 months. in Brent defence he was probably referring to them as the minor premier.

whilst sitting back watching the yarra fev circus in the o&m it got me thinking that howlong and in particular Daniel bradshaw should be congratulated on the way they have conducted themselves in the media and in general. don't get me wrong i have as much respected hatred of howlong then anyone, but they should be congratulated for their professionalism. i guess that's the difference in maturity of the player more so the club.

whilst sitting back watching the yarra fev circus in the o&m it got me thinking that howlong and in particular Daniel bradshaw should be congratulated on the way they have conducted themselves in the media and in general. don't get me wrong i have as much respected hatred of howlong then anyone, but they should be congratulated for their professionalism. i guess that's the difference in maturity of the player more so the club.

Everything Okay Box...?!? You must be sick are you..?!?

Thread gone quiet. What was the story with Brock beating Osborne? Have Walla come good or will the wins dry up when the current talent moves on? Have CDHBU got a hope, and is their future even in the Hume league? Is the whole thing a two horse race between the spiders and the cats anyway?

As President of the Jindera Football Club, I would like to announce our Senior Coaching position Vacant for 2013. After an exhaustive process the decision has been made to continue the re-build of this season, (which tomorrow will feature our 10th and 11th senior debutant), with a fresh voice and new leadership. The Jindera Football Club will leave no stone unturned its quest to find the right man for the job. With short, medium and long term plans in place, our committee and sponsors are focused and driven to give our club the ability to "contend" every year. With current construction of new ground lighting the envy of some O&M clubs, plus a proposed ground upgrade over the summer, added to our current facilities, the Jindera Football Club invites all proven or aspiring coaches, playing and non playing to express their interest. Feel free to contact myself on 0421056274 ( jerim.hayes@diageo.com ) or Luke Styles 0412598827.

Can anyone tell me how many games the bradshaws have managed to play together this year?
The Bradshaws have played 3 games together. Darren done his elbow in round 3. Steve has missed the past 4 whilst Matt hass missed 4 as well. Daniel only missed the Osborne game.
Hopefully only a few weeks away from getting them all back on the park:thumbsu:

Noticed a few last minute clearances from Rand/Walbundrie.
Id say at least 5 of thier top liners gone mostly to the Upper Murray.
Most notable Clearances lodged are Cam McNeil to Barny and Warren Marmo and Corrigan Dale to an uncomfirmed Upper Murray club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back