Hume FL......2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think clubs get to nominate their own player and I'm assuming the bradshaws and Piltz had said they didn't want to play

b: heyme paton barber

hb: rijnbeek murphy clarke

c: walker twitt mcneil

hf: roberts lamb terlich

f: hon perczyk marlow

foll: o'sullivan campell bloom

inter: sibraa ohlin cerato taylor

emerg: gilson muggivan parr

alot of good players to pick from and was hard to leave gison out cause he gives all for interleague footy
No Josh evans.best small forward in the hume league and leading the goal kicking

No Josh evans.best small forward in the hume league and leading the goal kicking

don't know much about him but everyone is welcome to try to select a team they would pick. maybe more osborne players they seem to be flying. only 18 at talangatta interleague training too.. i predict a huge flogging

Very quiet on here lately...
Holbrook Henty & Howlong putting some big scores on the scoreboard yesterday. 10 to Daniel Bradshaw against the Magpies.
Anyone care to dwindle the teams that can genuinely win the flag. Howlong, Holbrook, Henty, Osborne, Lockhart... And I guess Walla could cause some damage if they get a vital Top 2.
Another tough week for us at Jinderas kennel. Injuries still hurt, but that's footy. 3 more debutantes yesterday get's us to 9 for the year. Big shout to the Skipper Box Wightman who played another solid game on 2 hours sleep after becoming a dad for the first time at midnight Friday night.
Anyone know how the InterLeague team is shaping up.?

Can someone tell me what is happening at Jindera. To go from premiers to missing finals can be explained by loss of a few players, but to fall to being uncompetitive suggests there's something more.

Can someone tell me what is happening at Jindera. To go from premiers to missing finals can be explained by loss of a few players, but to fall to being uncompetitive suggests there's something more.

nothing more AP as it's been said lost a lot of players. u can add to that a horror injury toll. been great to blood some kids that may have been held back for a year or two. will see improvement with the youngsters development as well as having a steady stream of players returning from injury. As for being uncompetative sometimes the starboard doesn't give a true indication.

With youth comes inconsistency... (and excitement)...
Here's a list of our 1st gamers this year, and their age at debut.
Blair Boyle - 15, Danny Warren - 16, Lewis Childs - 16, Zac Stuart - 16, Ethan Scholz - 17, Nick Palmer - 17, Josh Hill - 17, Ashley Middleton - 18, Andrew Schmidt - 19. Add to that Nick Baily (16) who debuted last year.
There's an old saying... "You can't put an old head on young shoulders".!

Cheers boys, thanks. Don't really know anyone out that way so I was uninformed. Good luck for the rest of the season and the young guys will be all the better for the experience.

finding it hard to comprehend walla's recruiting policy this year. yeah its great to see them improving but its hardly built on the back of long term recruits. surely their must be concerns beyond this year.
also heard a rumour of shaun daly is lining up to coach howlong in the very near future.

finding it hard to comprehend walla's recruiting policy this year. yeah its great to see them improving but its hardly built on the back of long term recruits. surely their must be concerns beyond this year.
also heard a rumour of shaun daly is lining up to coach howlong in the very near future.
I think the Daly rumour has done the rounds about the same amount as the Mackie to Jindera and Fowler to RW, not a huge amount of credability to it!
Great call on Walla though. Look forward to watching their next month or so and seeing were they are placed. Hopefully it's a sustainable venture, however with no U17's and not a big amount of local recruits, they may be worse then ever in the next year or two. Hopefully thats not the case. Also be great to have a look at their points allocation. NTFL being a state league would have to take up a few, along with the boys from Merbein etc. I would imagine they would be very close to the mark :D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As we all know its very hard to get recruits to a losing side, a side which hasnt won too many games over the last few years.

We needed to get some wins on the board before local players (alb/wod) will even consider coming out to walla. It may not be the best long term recruiting policy which we have implemented this season but we are hopeful that a more successful season this year, will put us in good stead for recruiting for next season. Players dont want to play for a losing side, even if u throw big $$$ at them.

As we all know its very hard to get recruits to a losing side, a side which hasnt won too many games over the last few years.

We needed to get some wins on the board before local players (alb/wod) will even consider coming out to walla. It may not be the best long term recruiting policy which we have implemented this season but we are hopeful that a more successful season this year, will put us in good stead for recruiting for next season. Players dont want to play for a losing side, even if u throw big $$$ at them.

true. point taken. seems the interest in the inter league has dropped with players pulling out from both sides. might need to become a 2 yearly thing. players do enjoy their byes

shame that tomorrow game won't give a true reflection of the strength of the Hume league. not many of the 22 named would make a full strength rep side.

shame that tomorrow game won't give a true reflection of the strength of the Hume league. not many of the 22 named would make a full strength rep side.

Oh, I see what you're doing, the pre-emptive excuse just in case you get beaten after this thread was talking it up bigtime. Clever :thumbsu:

I think interleague is in a lot of trouble again. And it's only the players and clubs faults. Lack of commitment and honesty has propbably let the league down. In saying that I think at least 10-15 of the players selected would mount a reasonable case to gain selection in a full strength side. Paton, Jarrah, Rjinbeek, Walker, Fulford, Hibberson, Gleeson, Muggavin, Dale/Evans, Fouracre and Heath. All of theese guys are of a high quality, throw in Price, Church, Wood and Terlich all these guys can play and have played at standards higher then HFL.
Should be a great contest as both leagues are just off full strength. Interested to hear other thoughts on interleague and it's relevance, and even the spread of players involved this year.
Lockhart with 0 reps, probably have the 4 best credentialed footballers in the comp bar Bradshaw!!

I think interleague is in a lot of trouble again. And it's only the players and clubs faults. Lack of commitment and honesty has propbably let the league down. In saying that I think at least 10-15 of the players selected would mount a reasonable case to gain selection in a full strength side. Paton, Jarrah, Rjinbeek, Walker, Fulford, Hibberson, Gleeson, Muggavin, Dale/Evans, Fouracre and Heath. All of theese guys are of a high quality, throw in Price, Church, Wood and Terlich all these guys can play and have played at standards higher then HFL.
Should be a great contest as both leagues are just off full strength. Interested to hear other thoughts on interleague and it's relevance, and even the spread of players involved this year.
Lockhart with 0 reps, probably have the 4 best credentialed footballers in the comp bar Bradshaw!!
WHo are those 4 from Lockhart you speak of?

Campbell, Wooden, Cerato, Marlow and I believe Johnson/Beckmans are quite good as well :thumbsu:

add to them and i apologise if i miss any.
twitt bloom lamb mcneil sibraa 2x bradshaws Taylor Roberts fruean barber Clarke perzyk piltz a murray that's 14 off the top of my head. we can complain that the best dont make themselves available but when u look at it from the players point of view, no real benefit or reward, having to play both Easter and queens birthday, clubs only 2 byes plus interleague. long tough season players will opt for a break. especially those who may go deep in the finals.

Campbell, Wooden, Cerato, Marlow and I believe Johnson/Beckmans are quite good as well :thumbsu:

They have missed games lately and its likely they haven't taken a chance with the niggles.

Beckmans/johnson are at uni in Wollongong but should probably be on the gold coast along with jarrah and the gun under 21s in the o&m that also haven't been looked at to represent the nsw/act under 21s.

They have missed games lately and its likely they haven't taken a chance with the niggles.

Beckmans/johnson are at uni in Wollongong but should probably be on the gold coast along with jarrah and the gun under 21s in the o&m that also haven't been looked at to represent the nsw/act under 21s.

it's a neafl east rep side not a nsw/act rep side as far ad i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back