Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when does a coach of a team sitting sixth, 2 thirds of the way through the season, qualify for coach of the year?? Jindera have had the potential to be a top five side for a few years now and all of a sudden this guy is a super coach???
It's a good thing you guys aren't choosing the All Australian team.
What exactly is the best side on paper? We all know what we do with paper.:eek: It's what happens on the field that counts.
Results as far as win/loss dont allways show exactly how a coach has performed. With Boyley taking over just before the season started after hooter left, and loseing the bulk of the side that Hetherton had put together. It would be fair to say they have done a great job and he would certainly be regarded as one of the coaches of the year. He is actually getting the best out of what he has got to work with, which is more then you can say for Sanson and possiby Klemke. Both Cul and Henty have great lists to choose from, with depth on every line. Showing they have the best side on paper

Since when does a coach of a team sitting sixth, 2 thirds of the way through the season, qualify for coach of the year?? Jindera have had the potential to be a top five side for a few years now and all of a sudden this guy is a super coach???
It's a good thing you guys aren't choosing the All Australian team.
What exactly is the best side on paper? We all know what we do with paper.:eek: It's what happens on the field that counts.

fair go daicos fan.Give Boyle some credit. Jindera were in a fair mess pre-season & he has made them a very competitive unit.:thumbsu: Well done. Think they just may play finals & going on saturdays effort they may worry Henty a bit.
As for lists, I dont see too much wrong with Osbornes and they certainly have depth. Wasnt that long ago that we were calling Culcairn the "Rivcoll Rejects". Or at least Bow wow was.

I have heard the following rumours but they may be just that as my source for the R/W and Howlong job is a bit dodgy and the Jindera story was floated last year as well.

Brent Lillis (Raiders) to Howlong with Rod Winner A/C
Marc Almond (Lavi) to Jindera
Jason Sheather (Albury) with M Fowler A/C to replace Osborne
Mark Hilton & Corey Lambert being chased by everyone who is looking for a coach.

Robbie Murray to coach Jindera, Eckhardt & Nagle out of retirement to help.

Robbie Murray to coach Jindera, Eckhardt & Nagle out of retirement to help.
Mark Almond has approached a mate of mine to go with him to Jindera as assistant coach. Jindera thought they had "Almo" last year but he pulled out at the last minute.

Be fair call to take Walla out of the picture now. Poor old goob would of been pulling what hair he has left out, watchin his boys get done by Holbrook

Don't really see how you could take them out of the picture considering they're still in the 5!!

Don't really see how you could take them out of the picture considering they're still in the 5!!
Just looking at the draw and felt that they had a pretty tough run home. Understand that they are still in there but it was at this point they lost about six in a row the first time through. Maybe kage could shed some light on what is happening out there.

6 rounds to go and a 3 way battle for 5th spot. Jindera seems to be overwhelming favourites to claim the prize, as they are the only one of the three whose destiny lies in their own hands. They finish with Loc (home), Cul (away), BB (h), MM (a) & Hol (h).
4 of those would make 10 wins and guarantee them 5th spot. 3 wins & they would probably still get in as they are 9 percentage points ahead of RWT.
Tiges are 2nd favourite as they finish with MM (a) Hol (h) Osb (a) Wal (h) & How (a). Would have to win 4 out of 5 to make it, key match against Walla Round 18 and need to beat one of Osborne or Howlong both away games. Not fancied.
Walla are going to find it tough, with Osb (a) How (h) RWT (a) Hen (h) & Loc (a). 9 wins may get them in with superior percentage, but they would need to rely on Jindera slipping up, and beat RWT and one of Osb, How or Henty. A big ask

I have heard the following rumours but they may be just that as my source for the R/W and Howlong job is a bit dodgy and the Jindera story was floated last year as well.

Brent Lillis (Raiders) to Howlong with Rod Winner A/C
Marc Almond (Lavi) to Jindera
Jason Sheather (Albury) with M Fowler A/C to replace Osborne
Mark Hilton & Corey Lambert being chased by everyone who is looking for a coach.
won't happen he lives in Wangaratta and is travelling up to play with the tigers. Fowler could be closer to the mark. and if he does go there will be interesting to see what Manny does considering the closness of there friendship.

won't happen he lives in Wangaratta and is travelling up to play with the tigers. Fowler could be closer to the mark. and if he does go there will be interesting to see what Manny does considering the closness of there friendship.

Couldn't imagine Manny leaving Holbrook after one year. Would be putting things in place now for 2008 in an attempt to push back into top five. Knocking off Walla who currently are in the 5 would have been pleasing. Getting Lanyon and Aylmore back would no doubt have brightened his prospects for this year and next. Wonder if he'd would approach Fowler as an ac at Holbrook. Brookers have had there past 3 coaches being former Tigers champs (Manny, Duryea, Hodgson, Kelly). Would make for a potentially potent forward line of Lanyon, Hickey and Fowler for 2008.

Couldn't imagine Manny leaving Holbrook after one year. Would be putting things in place now for 2008 in an attempt to push back into top five. Knocking off Walla who currently are in the 5 would have been pleasing. Getting Lanyon and Aylmore back would no doubt have brightened his prospects for this year and next. Wonder if he'd would approach Fowler as an ac at Holbrook. Brookers have had there past 3 coaches being former Tigers champs (Manny, Duryea, Hodgson, Kelly). Would make for a potentially potent forward line of Lanyon, Hickey and Fowler for 2008.

I'm not ruling anything out, but would Matty be able to bring himself to play against Walbundrie - regardless of the merger?

Just looking at the draw and felt that they had a pretty tough run home. Understand that they are still in there but it was at this point they lost about six in a row the first time through. Maybe kage could shed some light on what is happening out there.
got to remember though wooderson when walla losted those 6 games in a row they had their injuries now they have a few of them back i think they will be hard to push from 5th spot.. on the weekend they just didn't play the 3rd quarter besides that quarter i believe walla were the better team on the day... look people might say they shouldn't have losted to holbrook but they have improved and got some new players i think they push most teams above them in these last 6 weeks.. But still not good enough by walla was really a must win game...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also have to admit Whiterod is a gun and he didn't play in the loses to the likes of Henty and R/W last time and i think Whiterod against thoughs teams will make a big difference

Also have to admit Whiterod is a gun and he didn't play in the loses to the likes of Henty and R/W last time and i think Whiterod against thoughs teams will make a big difference
yeh wouldn't be all that suprised if walla get over henty this time around, whiterod makes a pretty big difference when he's on the field not only through his play but gives the whole team a bit of a boost. No way R/W will make finals it will either be jindera or walla

Careful Big Al, I'm pretty sure this is the Culcairn/Henty thread!:D

Fair call Kage but Nimrod did play in the loss to Holbrook yeah?

got to remember though wooderson when walla losted those 6 games in a row they had their injuries now they have a few of them back i think they will be hard to push from 5th spot.. on the weekend they just didn't play the 3rd quarter besides that quarter i believe walla were the better team on the day... look people might say they shouldn't have losted to holbrook but they have improved and got some new players i think they push most teams above them in these last 6 weeks.. But still not good enough by walla was really a must win game...

How could Walla have been the better team on the day?? I was told they were down by 6 goals with 5 or 10 minutes to go and Holbrook switched off!! From the side I saw in the paper they had no injuries, or very few. You would have thought for a side in 5th spot and 'supposedly' better side on the day it would seem strange that they were 6 goals down before they lifted in JUNK TIME to kick 4 goals!

If they are pinning all their hopes on Whitrod I'd hate to see the tears if he gets injured.....again!

Whiterod was their standout player on the weekend - and their forwards looked dangerous at times. I'm sure on they could cause an upset or two on the run home, but they lack consistency. They have real headaches down back as well, lack a good big bloke that can rebound the footy. The Holbrook boys seemed to want it more when it counted and they have a really good forward line with Hickey, Buckle, Lanyon and Bunyan as well as some ok crumbers. They have improved out of site.

How could Walla have been the better team on the day?? I was told they were down by 6 goals with 5 or 10 minutes to go and Holbrook switched off!! From the side I saw in the paper they had no injuries, or very few. You would have thought for a side in 5th spot and 'supposedly' better side on the day it would seem strange that they were 6 goals down before they lifted in JUNK TIME to kick 4 goals!

If they are pinning all their hopes on Whitrod I'd hate to see the tears if he gets injured.....again!
i didn't say they had injuries on the weekend i said when they losted their 6 games in a row they had their injuries... I also said that Holbrook really only won the third quarter and the start of the last quarter besides that Walla won the first half and won the last quarter also

i didn't say they had injuries on the weekend i said when they losted their 6 games in a row they had their injuries... I also said that Holbrook really only won the third quarter and the start of the last quarter besides that Walla won the first half and won the last quarter also

GUILTY!!! For attempted murder of the English language!!!! :D

So what is the latest on the coaching front. Has any one been comfirmed
yet?

Osborne - From all reports Hart will go again.
Howlong - See in the paper Almond link to them but i see on this thread
he has also been linked to Jindera.
Henty - Not sure on Sanson.
Walla - McGlynn i would think would get the gig for a 2nd year if they have any $$$$$ left.
Culcairn - Klemke not sure but like quoted would think will go around again
RW Tigers - Have heard he will move on and have heard they are speaking
to someone from corowa not sure who though.
Jindera - Is Almond a real chance or is Robbie Murray a done deal?
Holbrook - All ready singed.
Magpies - As we have heard Roberson has said he is not going on.
Lockhart - Don't know.
BB Saints - Have heard they are on look out but heard that 3rd hand.

I no that was very similiar but just curious if there has been any developments that pepole might have heard of.

Speaking of coaches, what jobs will be available next year:
Osborne (Hart) 2 yr contract ending may coach Lavi ?
Howlong (Ross) been there 2 or 3 yrs, time for change ?
Henty (Sanson) Prob available, talk of Brown coaching.
Walla (McGlynn) 1st yr coach, probably do it again.
Culcairn (Klemke) Would think he'd go again for a 2nd yr.
RW Tigers (Osborne) Who knows ? but movers & shakers not that happy with him.
Jindera (Boyle) Coach of the Year but won't coach next yr. Heard Robbie Murray may.
Holbrook (Edmunds) 1 yr into 2 yr deal.
Magpies (Robertson) has told them he's not coaching in 2008.
Lockhart (?) I don't even know who coaches them.
BB Saints (Eddy) 1st yr coach, you would think he would go again but things haven't gone that well.

Who are the potential coaches in waiting ?

So what is the latest on the coaching front. Has any one been comfirmed
yet?

These are Not developments but my thought are-

Osborne - Hart could be looking for bigger and better
Howlong - Will look high and wide for replacement
Henty - Surely Sanson if he wants to go again deserves it
Walla - Underachieving if spending big coin so question marks
Culcairn - Klemke surely
RW Tigers - Would have hoped for more, looking.
Jindera - Boyle be happy to pass it to right person (Murray)
Holbrook - Would hope Edmunds goes again
Magpies- Would like high profile to take next step
Lockhart- Surely have feelers out as noone seems to know who is coaching
BB Saints - Tough gig, hoping like hell to land someone of note

Some good jobs could come up in Howlong, RW and Jindera. Good lists and clubs. They may end up fighting for the same 1 or 2 guys to take over. Be an interesting month of October, if not earlier.

Had a beer with a bloke today he said Hart will do Osborne again
RW Tigers - A Corowa player not sure who tho.
Culcairn - Klemke a done deal.
Jindera - Is Almonds if he wants it.
Walla - McGlynn will do it agian.
Howlong - Are talking to Almond and a few more.
Henty - Sanson will go around for 1 more year.

Not sure on the rest if anyone could help it would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back