CDHBU
Jindera

Premier: Henty

Runner up: any of the other teams making up the top 6

Wooden spoon: Walla or Culcairn

Biggest improver: Magpies

Biggest slider: BB Saints

Leading goalkicker: Warren Marmo

League medalist: Josh Maher (if he doesn't get rubbed out)

Had a look at clearances on the Hume league website, looks like Henty, Howlong, Jindera, Magpies and Lockhart have all picked up some quality players. RWT and CDHBU don't have much happening but both are talking themselves up, time will tell with who turns up. What's going on with Osborne, nothing on the clearances, they must be up to something or are they going to back there kids. Henty seem to have recruited the pick of the players so far, with Lockhart,Magpies and The Crows picking up quality non playing coaches, BB look like they have lost a few but I did think they were the best side on paper last year.
I not making any predictions yet on where the teams will finish until I know more.

Last edited:
Top 6
Henty
howlong
rwt
murray magpies
jindera
bb

Agree with your other tips but I'll go Dicketts most goals and alex jones from magpies s a bit of a smoky for the azzi

Jindera will be alright. Lost weldon and cassidy from the backline but have picked up some handy types especially through the midfield. Hopefully they'll get more then 1 contest out of Walker who will be handy. The other losses arent as significant as most were gone by halfway through last season.

Jindera will be alright. Lost weldon and cassidy from the backline but have picked up some handy types especially through the midfield. Hopefully they'll get more then 1 contest out of Walker who will be handy. The other losses arent as significant as most were gone by halfway through last season.

Where has Cassidy gone?

Top 6
Henty
howlong
rwt
murray magpies
jindera
bb

Agree with your other tips but I'll go Dicketts most goals and alex jones from magpies s a bit of a smoky for the azzi

My top 6
Henty
RWT
Howlong
Jindera
BB saints
Murray magpies

Azzi: Quade (Henty)
Goalkicker: Marmo

All the talk is about Quade,how good is he, where has he played before ,how old and how big is he.

Key position fwd. Will play at chf or ff great mits especially contested. Was captain of queanbeyan neafl for past 5 or 6 years including their premiership. Easily the best big man in the comp this year.

Henty
Howlong
RWT
BB Saints
Osborne
Murray Magpies

Howlong lost too many for mine. Will scrape into the 6. Bb saints the same. No key fwds losing Morey skills and oates. RWT will have a tougher draw so they'll be interesting. MM should improve. CDHBU will still be thereabouts. Jindera hard to guage. Henty clear standouts.

Howlong lost too many for mine. Will scrape into the 6. Bb saints the same. No key fwds losing Morey skills and oates. RWT will have a tougher draw so they'll be interesting. MM should improve. CDHBU will still be thereabouts. Jindera hard to guage. Henty clear standouts.

Yep, spot on, Henty have picked up what they have lost I reckon. The only bloke I can see being able to break even with Quade is A Takle, even though he is a bandwagon supporter, he was invited by Port Adelaide to do pre season down there, but could only do half of the workload due to his blossoming cricket career. Luckily for Jindera, Sammy Doooherrr has also had a big pre season and given himself the nickname "The Kenyan' due to his impressive long distance running. Box, it's funny that you have mentioned BB's forward line, can you confirm that Blair Boyle may have signed there? I may have heard that he had become disgruntled with his current club due to The Mick Galvin getting, not only all the praise and attention, but all the women also (and so he should). It has been reported that he approached BB with an offer, the offer was he would play there free of charge for the year, if he would be referred to as 'The Magician', due to his 'magic' around the goal face. I'm not sure whether the deal has gone through yet or not.

Fair enough as well, very early so who knows. I expect Jindera, CDHBU and Holbrook to be looking close to finals as well. Don't hold much hope for Lockhart, Culcairn, the crows or walla. Happy for them to surprise me tho.

Yep, spot on, Henty have picked up what they have lost I reckon. The only bloke I can see being able to break even with Quade is A Takle, even though he is a bandwagon supporter, he was invited by Port Adelaide to do pre season down there, but could only do half of the workload due to his blossoming cricket career. Luckily for Jindera, Sammy Doooherrr has also had a big pre season and given himself the nickname "The Kenyan' due to his impressive long distance running. Box, it's funny that you have mentioned BB's forward line, can you confirm that Blair Boyle may have signed there? I may have heard that he had become disgruntled with his current club due to The Mick Galvin getting, not only all the praise and attention, but all the women also (and so he should). It has been reported that he approached BB with an offer, the offer was he would play there free of charge for the year, if he would be referred to as 'The Magician', due to his 'magic' around the goal face. I'm not sure whether the deal has gone through yet or not.

Has Blair disowned himself from his family?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Blair disowned himself from his family?

Don't think disowned is the term, although I think he has been jealous of Mr Sheen's beard for a long time. However I don't think the deal has gone through. BB came back wanting to nickname him 'Harry Potter' instead of 'The Magician'. He wasn't overly happy with that and said he would have to think about it.

Fair enough as well, very early so who knows. I expect Jindera, CDHBU and Holbrook to be looking close to finals as well. Don't hold much hope for Lockhart, Culcairn, the crows or walla. Happy for them to surprise me tho.
lockhart will surprise everyone big numbers @ training n some good signings top 4 for me

Haven't they lost a few of their senior players including McPherson, Campbell , wooden, hoey, Koop, Ablett just to name a few?[/QUOTE
jus try spark it up they'll finish 7 or 8 most clubs seem to hav a turnover of players henty will go back to back

Haven't they lost a few of their senior players including McPherson, Campbell , wooden, hoey, Koop, Ablett just to name a few?

I must have to much time on my hands, had a look at the clearance's to get a gauge at what sort of player movement there is out there, here's the result.
Howlong 12 in 13 out.
Crows 13 in 3 out.
Magpies 7 in 9 out.
BB 7 in 5 out.
Jindera 7 in 9 out.
CDHBU 6 in 3 out.
RW 5 in 3 out.
Holbrook 4 in 4 out.
Henty 3 in 8 out
Osborne 3 in 2 out.
Lockhart 1 in 11 out.
Walla 0 in 4 out.
Culcairn 0 in 13 out.

The way I see it Walla, Lockhart and Culcairn may be in trouble, and the Crows may be big improvers.

I must have to much time on my hands, had a look at the clearance's to get a gauge at what sort of player movement there is out there, here's the result.
Howlong 12 in 13 out.
Crows 13 in 3 out.
Magpies 7 in 9 out.
BB 7 in 5 out.
Jindera 7 in 9 out.
CDHBU 6 in 3 out.
RW 5 in 3 out.
Holbrook 4 in 4 out.
Henty 3 in 8 out
Osborne 3 in 2 out.
Lockhart 1 in 11 out.
Walla 0 in 4 out.
Culcairn 0 in 13 out.

The way I see it Walla, Lockhart and Culcairn may be in trouble, and the Crows may be big improvers.

Walla obviously haven't lodged their recruits' clearances yet but they seem to have lost pretty much their spine. That will be hard to replace.

Hopefully for BB, that 7 in turns into an 8 with hopefully Harry Potter giving them the nod.

Swandive, can you confirm that now that Dean Roulstone has pulled the pin, R/W have thrown more money towards Lance Swiftnall to entice him to stay. Also I have heard that they are offering a huge packet to Chris Collins to get him out of retirement, as they rate him as the best full forward in the club's history. There wouldn't be a team in the league that could handle those two at the peak of their powers.

Walla obviously haven't lodged their recruits' clearances yet but they seem to have lost pretty much their spine. That will be hard to replace.

Hopefully for BB, that 7 in turns into an 8 with hopefully Harry Potter giving them the nod.

Swandive, can you confirm that now that Dean Roulstone has pulled the pin, R/W have thrown more money towards Lance Swiftnall to entice him to stay. Also I have heard that they are offering a huge packet to Chris Collins to get him out of retirement, as they rate him as the best full forward in the club's history. There wouldn't be a team in the league that could handle those two at the peak of their powers.
confirmed they offered swiftnall another 3 cartons a week on top of the 3 he is contracted for still not enough for him. n 4 cribbs if they could keep him away from the can bar he'd b dynamite up forward nobody could contain them 2 power forwards b kicking snags from all parts.

Howlong 12 in 13 out.
Crows 13 in 3 out.
Magpies 7 in 9 out.
BB 7 in 5 out.
Jindera 7 in 9 out.
CDHBU 6 in 3 out.
RW 5 in 3 out.
Holbrook 4 in 4 out.
Henty 3 in 8 out
Osborne 3 in 2 out.
Lockhart 1 in 11 out.
Walla 0 in 4 out.
Culcairn 0 in 13 out.

Didn't Walla sign a fair few players from Wodonga Saints?

Don't think disowned is the term, although I think he has been jealous of Mr Sheen's beard for a long time. However I don't think the deal has gone through. BB came back wanting to nickname him 'Harry Potter' instead of 'The Magician'. He wasn't overly happy with that and said he would have to think about it.

I can confirm that Blair has created a Bigfooty account to keep track of the numerous mentions of his name. I'm also hearing he is stepping back this year from the Bulldogs to focus on his Supercoach career.

Didn't Walla sign a fair few players from Wodonga Saints?

All Wodonga saints seconds players. Surely they need to target some fringe o and m players and try get higher profile coach to get them off bottom of ladder instead of spending shitload on Tallangatta league seconds . Waste of $$$ and getting nowhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back