Toast I <3 Leroy Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Must have been a bit chirpy too, cos the Saints were constantly going after him off the ball (which fortunately the boundary ump saw at one centre bounce).

I think he might have a bit of mongrel in him, when steven baker went to him, a big smile appeared on his face and then proceed to give baker a little punch to the ribs. Made me laugh.

Always been a fan of this guy, purely because of his potential and how great his good footy is. Just need some more consistency out of him and we will have a gamebreaker on our hands!

Would love to see him play consistent this year and cement his spot in our 22. A forward line with Gumbleton, Hurley, Davey, Monfries, Williams and Jetta all at full flight would be great to see.

Would prefer him to be a midfielder, is a great kick and is great around stoppages, really quick onto the opponent that is realeasing the ball. Has a well weighted kick too. When he is confident he is a very smooth mover.
I like Zaharakis at HFF.

Some people have said that he was looking confident on Sunday, but I disagree. To me he looked a bit nervous and shaky - understandable in his first game back after a while.

The best thing about Leroy on the weekend - for mine - was that despite being a little out of sorts, he slugged his was into the match. This is what he was lacking last year. This is why he was put back into the twos last year.

If he can show this kind of determination week after week, he'll easily cement his spot. A team is happy to let a player run out a couple of shitty games so long as they see that grit.

I truly believe that our forward line is more dangerous and more unpredictable with #7 on the park. He rattles a team's back line a bit.

Good on you Jetski, demand that spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where has it all come from?

I know that we should give players time to settle in but even eing patient it was hard to see Jetta's worth.

He has come back in a mood that has me stunned. I thought we might start to see this next year.

Go Leroy!

I know that we should give players time to settle in but even eing patient it was hard to see Jetta's worth.

He has come back in a mood that has me stunned. I thought we might start to see this next year.

Go Leroy!
He showed signs he could do this in his first year before he got injured IMO. His 2008 was reasonably good too from memory.

Just seems to have matured as a player.

I've mentioned this before - but the day he got drafted he looked as nervous and uncomfortable as anyone I have seen.

Obivously always had quite a bit of skill but probably felt overwhelmed by it all in the beginning.

Glad it's working out for him. Could be one of the most exciting players in the league.

His improvement I think has caught everybody, but for the most optimistic Bomber supporters by surprise. He did one or two good things in '08, but he has become one of the better small fowards/midfielders in the league. Always good for a goal or two and he must be up there in assists. Essendon has had a tonne of improved players this year in Hocking, Myers and Jetta, along with Gumby who has managed to get on the park.

Go Leroy!
Check out the size of him around the guts, compared to last year.
Definitely stronger. A few times he's really nailed fairly big guys in tackles, when last year he would have slipped off them.
I think Knights has managed him well, too.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was told he had an extended run. Whereas last year or the year before he was in, out, in etc etc.

Fitness and confidence.
Jetta, Myers, Gumby. Amazing the difference it makes.

Goal kicking, hard tackling mid, the number 7 I got on my guernsey back in 08 has payed off, have never lost my faith in him, or Myers for that matter :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast I <3 Leroy Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back