I am confident

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 5, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Guys, this is it, this is what we have been waiting for, to be honest this is the best Collingwood team i have seen in my time, better than 02,03 was too young to see 1990, but the depth, the spread and ability to change a game plan during the game ala adelaide game has me confident of firstly beating saints and going all the way... We have had an awesome 2nd half of the season, and have a full list to chose from, they say u cant buy momentum, u cant just turn a switch we have it. Saints dont, sur they had nothing to play for but u cant just turn a swtich. we are going to need Josh and Woody to give our mids first use of the ball, and if Medders and Cloke put their fingers out we will win. Every player was beaten last week, i gurantee u that will not happen 2 weeks in a row. and its at the G were i think the saints can be vunerable on the widder ground, its ment to be windy and potential rain too
GO PIES IN 09
pies by 14 points :):):thumbsu:

We've come to the party early in terms of maturity, half our players are under 23.. but with a bit of luck you never know.. Hawthorn pinched it last year and all it took was 9 straight behinds from Geelong in the 2nd quarter of the GF

I am very confident we can go the whole way this year. It's not only me that thinks that but one of my Brisbane supporting mates who absolutely despises Collingwood said that he thinks we will beat the Saints and win the flag.

So it's not only Pies fans that think we can win the flag.:thumbsu:

And its at the G were i think the saints can be vunerable on the widder ground, its ment to be windy and potential rain too

The funny thing about all this is that Saints finished 1st, we finished 4th yet we get the "home final" the G is OUR home not the saints. I was worried that if we lost to bullies we would have to play saints at the dome (in chich case you may as well have been lining up for Coll Adel tix next week.)

Does anyone else not see this as a clear advantage to us?

Also im loving the fact that all the money is coming for the saints. Thats when we are at our best when the odds are against us!

GO PIES 2009 - ps... watch Rusty carve em up this week!!

I'm not - I have the same feeling as I did before we met St Kilda in the finals last year. But it's more to do with me than our mighty football club.

I'm confident, but at the same time a little subdued in my confidence.

I'm confident we will put up a good effort, and push StKilda to the limit and make it a tough physical finals game.

But;

There are so many unknowns in this game alone, including;

* How good are Stkilda, and what is their "real" form?
* Has the Collingwood side developed enough from the last 2 times we have played StKilda to be competitive, let alone win?
* Is the MCG a huge factor and thus an advantage for the pies?
* Are we too young?
* Does having a more experienced coach impact the result?

Too many questions for me to be over confident this week, I believe we have the ability if all 22 players play to their best, but I guess we will just have to wait till Sunday.

I'm confident we can challenge any side, and potentially we can beat anyone. At the moment I have no expectation to win a flag this year though.

I'm just sitting here praying Geelong don't hit their best form in finals. If they do, everyone might as well stay home. Geelong at their best will still destroy any side out there imo.

I'm with you on Geelong Smiddaz, I wasn't too concerned who we played first week, but if we had played Geelong I would be worried the "real" Geelong would turn up and we would simply have no chance.

Make no doubts about it, Geelong still have the best 22 player team out there, and this week they are missing 1 of those, Stevie J.

Quite happy to have a crack at the Saints first, and I give the Doggies next to no chance of beating the Cats this week.

I'm with you on Geelong Smiddaz, I wasn't too concerned who we played first week, but if we had played Geelong I would be worried the "real" Geelong would turn up and we would simply have no chance.

Make no doubts about it, Geelong still have the best 22 player team out there, and this week they are missing 1 of those, Stevie J.

Quite happy to have a crack at the Saints first, and I give the Doggies next to no chance of beating the Cats this week.
I'm backing the Dogs.

AS for woods/aints game, I don't just have a feeling but a lot of conflicting feelings and conflicting analysis so I really don't have a friggin clue - hard to imagine Aints losing even if it's down to the wire, but you never know. Certainly would be a great day and we'd become favourites.

I'm not feeling confident. Especially if Gardiner plays. Am very, very concerned, and will probably get on the Saints at the line given how short it is.

:(

I hate feeling like this.

It may hurt to remind people of this but it needs to be said any way. The Saint beat us last year in the finals at the G.

Yes we were severely depleted then, but in terms of them having experience on the ground, they know what it's like to win there and more over, they know what it's like to beat us there in a finals environment. I'm starting to think the ground advantage is a bit of wishful thinking.

We'll need to play at full strength and a full four intense quarters to trump them. Make no mistakes, we're going in to this as under dogs.

Pies by 20 points, B.O.G - Swanny with 35 devastating possies.

The thing is, you can say they beat us last year but footy is not won on precedent, it is won on the day.

Let's hope it's Sunday.

we need anthony to do the business on dawson and cloke on blake. When i look at it like that i gain confidence. if those boys can play their best footy are a chance. Medhurst ray also looks good. Medhurst has superior body strength. We need these x factor players to fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am feeling good about this week and for the rest of the finals series, this finals series is shaping up as one of the best ever with 5 teams I believe are in with a chance and any teams in the top four losing first up are still in with a great chance.

I hope it is more then blind faith (as I have bet $500 on us at under 39.5 pts) but I can see more positives then negatives this week, we are a far better team this time around then earlier in the year and MM is great at getting results

We didn't make any silly decisions at the selection table (Rocca) and injuries are few and far between
they have brought back some players who have been in and out this year and Riewoldt is feeling the pressure of being a front runner and his body has never played some many games in a year

The funny thing about all this is that Saints finished 1st, we finished 4th yet we get the "home final" the G is OUR home not the saints. I was worried that if we lost to bullies we would have to play saints at the dome (in chich case you may as well have been lining up for Coll Adel tix next week.)

Does anyone else not see this as a clear advantage to us?

Also im loving the fact that all the money is coming for the saints. Thats when we are at our best when the odds are against us!

GO PIES 2009 - ps... watch Rusty carve em up this week!!

just went to the tab to place a few bets on this weekends games. saints-$1.85 pies-$1.90

looks pretty even to me. and we just keep getting shorter

lm feeling confident now Buddy Franklin thinks the pies are a good thing for 09!!

I am confident we are going to win now.

No-one wants to face the Crows the next week.
Although the Bombers race was over after the siren last week the way the Crows did them over may as well have been a Friday night training run with 50,000 watching on.

Go hard Pies.:thumbsu:

just went to the tab to place a few bets on this weekends games. saints-$1.85 pies-$1.90

looks pretty even to me. and we just keep getting shorter

Yeah I put $40 on us with SportingBet, got 2.80 for under 39.5 points.:thumbsu:

I keep changing my mind...

one minute i'm dancnig around my house singing good old collingwood forever and dreaming of Rocca kicking 21.7 in our next three games (we will win the next three... resulting in a premiership)

the next minute I see us losing this week but winning the next three games after that.... and another chorous of Good old collingwood... with a bit of fist pumping

... the minute after that I see it all going downhill... not so much fist pumping

... but then I think of Rocca and I get shivers down my spine. Goosebumps galore.

Com'n Pies!

I keep changing my mind...

one minute i'm dancnig around my house singing good old collingwood forever and dreaming of Rocca kicking 21.7 in our next three games (we will win the next three... resulting in a premiership)

the next minute I see us losing this week but winning the next three games after that.... and another chorous of Good old collingwood... with a bit of fist pumping

... the minute after that I see it all going downhill... not so much fist pumping

... but then I think of Rocca and I get shivers down my spine. Goosebumps galore.

Com'n Pies!

I hear ya. I'm wrapped with nervousness and uncertainty. Especially with a host of strong finals contenders in our way.

I need some Snag like inspiration. Something about a host of angles wining goals our way or something along those lines'll lift me up.

GO PIES!!!

I hear ya. I'm wrapped with nervousness and uncertainty. Especially with a host of strong finals contenders in our way.

I need some Snag like inspiration. Something about a host of angles wining goals our way or something along those lines'll lift me up.

GO PIES!!!

I am no snag... but this quote is pretty cool:

"In life, it's that one extra degree of effort that separates the good from the great. At 99 degrees, water is hot. At 100 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water comes steam. And steam can power a locomotive. The one extra degree makes all the difference."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back