Player Watch Iliro Smit

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread got really boring pretty quickly with a lot of the debate about nation of origin, etc.

Back on topic - seems we are hedging against Steene not making it and Condon not returning from US. And probably the expectation that Begg didn't make it.

Not sure what other options were out there since we seemed to have picked the eyes out of the mature agers already with Sully, Bytel, and Eyre preseason.
Need more then 1 Developing Ruck and both look could clunk pack marks up Forward

Can’t have plans that Condon returns Be nice but might not either plus he be a Cat B Rookie

Begg could be in Trouble though

Smit: 18 months out with injury. Missed his entire 2023 draft year.

Hine: Hire this man!

Classic Hine smokey scenario.

If the physical and aggressive side of his game comes as naturally as claimed then he's in with a shot.
What was his injury mate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need more then 1 Developing Ruck and both look could clunk pack marks up Forward

Can’t have plans that Condon returns Be nice but might not either plus he be a Cat B Rookie

Begg could be in Trouble though
He'll need to set himself to play tall defender to have a chance, but yeah, shaky ground.

TBH if he plays 30 games I'll be shocked. Rare to get any long term players from the MSD let alone a ruckman.

Hope he proves me wrong.
it’s a bit different with 18 year olds. Two ways of looking at this .

Glass half empty … he’s rubbish because the MSD is a reject bin, especially for rucks.
Glass half full… Collingwood snapped him up early before he was available on the open market in the national draft in November

44 then

10080c0bd6f73774e86ba7fa1f48e4f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is like a resume, so well done to him.

It showcases how much he wants to be given a chance, if he is willing to put himself out there like that.

Small minded people will look down on this and find a fault but looking through my employer lens, I love the fact he is having a crack.
I have admiration for him, for placing himself in a position to be ridiculed, in the hope of being seen by the right person.

He believes in himself, wants a chance and has obvious drive.

Well done young man, welcome to Collingwood and good luck to you :thumbsu: .

He "doesn't care what others think of him"

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Iliro Smit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back