Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

If Both Bolton & Baker selects Fremantle then it makes the trade so much easier

Richmond out : Bolton , Baker , #57 , #66
Richmond In: 9, 10, 17, 27

Richmond pays $400k x 3 years of Bolton contract

not enough for Bolton.

RFC should put Bolton as a face of RFC, RFC can have a game against Gold Coast in the NT supported by AFL HQ where Bolton and Rioli face off.

When our new talent show there stuff he will realise the turnaround could be quicker than he thinks

RFC could also offer playing another game in WA as well while we are building next year

not enough for Bolton.

RFC should put Bolton as a face of RFC, RFC can have a game against Gold Coast in the NT supported by AFL HQ where Bolton and Rioli face off.

When our new talent show there stuff he will realise the turnaround could be quicker than he thinks

RFC could also offer playing another game in WA as well while we are building next year
Now you are being really silly

The post i made is a very good result

I watched the mid-week tackle tonight and, to me, I saw a lot of BS!!

There is no way Bolton should be traded for 9 and 17 and I would not trade him for 9 and 10.

If I was running the show I would say it looks like others do not rate you like we do.

We think you are a superstar. You can be traded but with a trade that reflects at least your minimum worth which is pick 3.

So if others do not rate you like we do, like a Ryan Okeefe or Luke Parker at the Swans we are going to put you as a face of RFC. We are going to bend over backwards to support what you need and we have a WA network as well in that endeavour. You do not need to take an exhaulted leadership role but we love your highlights and creativity that you bring and with you on field you bring hope for supporters so please stay healthy

We will try and get back up into contention with a bang but we will have to hit the draft hard to do that because rockets ships require fuels of talent.

The other thing is Yze must get an extention, 5 years so 4 more after this with possible revision obviously into the future, if he does not get that it is crazy. It reflects more poorly on management not offering an extension than Yze and others will look less of RFC as a destination club. The list will be very different and if management does not extend Yze is a poor move for the club because as Richmond supporters, we have been in the troughs, we know what is involved, and we also know about turning over coaches. We do not want to be like West Coast and we know it will be tough for a few years, I like to think RFC is a smarter club than that and Bolton doing his thing will help bring a smile as well as boosting the youngsters development if other clubs do not rate him like we do!!!
Bakes will choose the eagles if he leaves, I think a pick 10-15 is right for him. Bolton at a min is pick 9 & 10. Tigers will be asking for more but think that’s what we will end up taking.

not enough for Bolton.

you want to make a man who wants out, the face of the club...
The turnaround for our club will not be quick..no way in hell
We all would like to wish, but the realities is we are in for a long road of rebuilding.

We all would like to wish, but the realities is we are in for a long road of rebuilding.

I am not a words smith.

If he is at war and someone is about to shoot him, will he pick up a gun??

I say yes

Here is another thing, Bolton leaves, what is RFC selling??? draftees, what are the sponsors buying???

right now Bolton is our most if not only marketable commodity, plus he has the indigenous connection to WA?NT markets to get games where AFL HQ can help out market the game

here is another thing, we draft whoever this year, why will they stick around at RFC if we continue to act like a doormat??

I get the feeling I know why Dusty retired, he was too tired carrying others including those off-field loads

when Bartlett left there was more at RFC even though we managed to f.. it up to

Last edited:
That majorly concerned me, making a guy who wants out the face of the club.
Almost as much as the bit about we need to extend Yze’s contract. 😗
What a sign that would be.
I’m willing to cut some slack re injuries and list decisions, but he’s hardly inspired anyone and looks a fish out of water as the main guy.

Sure shai no problem if Freo are happy to give us the value we have you at and thats pick #1

#9,#10,#17 is about the value
Absolutely all 3 picks. Anything less shouldn't even be considered.
Tell Freo that is it, if they don't like that then give us 9, 10 and a future first or don't waste our time, we have Gold Coast to fleece.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton is "worth" something like what Kelly went to the Eagles for.

At the end of the day they will give their best offer and we will choose yes or no.

All the rest is background noise.

I watched the mid-week tackle tonight and, to me, I saw a lot of BS!!

There is no way Bolton should be traded for 9 and 17 and I would not trade him for 9 and 10.

If I was running the show I would say it looks like others do not rate you like we do.

We think you are a superstar. You can be traded but with a trade that reflects at least your minimum worth which is pick 3.

So if others do not rate you like we do, like a Ryan Okeefe or Luke Parker at the Swans we are going to put you as a face of RFC. We are going to bend over backwards to support what you need and we have a WA network as well in that endeavour. You do not need to take an exhaulted leadership role but we love your highlights and creativity that you bring and with you on field you bring hope for supporters so please stay healthy

We will try and get back up into contention with a bang but we will have to hit the draft hard to do that because rockets ships require fuels of talent.

The other thing is Yze must get an extention, 5 years so 4 more after this with possible revision obviously into the future, if he does not get that it is crazy. It reflects more poorly on management not offering an extension than Yze and others will look less of RFC as a destination club. The list will be very different and if management does not extend Yze is a poor move for the club because as Richmond supporters, we have been in the troughs, we know what is involved, and we also know about turning over coaches. We do not want to be like West Coast and we know it will be tough for a few years, I like to think RFC is a smarter club than that and Bolton doing his thing will help bring a smile as well as boosting the youngsters development if other clubs do not rate him like we do!!!
You were going well up until extending Yze for 5 years

Bakes will choose the eagles if he leaves, I think a pick 10-15 is right for him. Bolton at a min is pick 9 & 10. Tigers will be asking for more but think that’s what we will end up taking.
Dont talk sense dean, this thread isnt for the sane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back