I hate to kill the optimism... (BetaVersion, 2008)

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep on the lookout for Moloney's OP incidentally, I'm not yet ready to believe he is fully over it.

Ditto Sylvia.

Can someone check BC's dictionary for the word optimism, i'd bet you any money that there's a big thick line scribbled through it.

Moloney is over the OP, plenty of players have got past it, like Judd, so why couldn't ours? He was playing alright this year until he hurt his shoulder, or did you miss that?

Can someone check BC's dictionary for the word optimism, i'd bet you any money that there's a big thick line scribbled through it.

Moloney is over the OP, plenty of players have got past it, like Judd, so why couldn't ours? He was playing alright this year until he hurt his shoulder, or did you miss that?
He had a good half against Freo.

Other than that, I didn't think he was a stand-out. Still a long way off his form of a couple of years ago.

Keep on the lookout for Moloney's OP incidentally, I'm not yet ready to believe he is fully over it.

Ditto Sylvia.

Moloney as M4C said injured his shoulder if look at it with the glass half full theory it was good for him becuase Moloney playing this was never going to make a big diference, get him back no track and fir for a year that may mean something.

Sylvia is probably going to have to manage his groin/OP through out his career, he has a new strapping technique used this year and it helped him produce his best season in games and stats thus far. Lets hope he gets some run into his legs and improves again next eyar.

For those who are young and rash, and unaware of my Nostradamus abilities, I implore you to check out this thread's 2007 edition -

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395291&highlight=I+hate+to+kill+the+optimism

Where I made the following predictions for the following season -

Considering that was posted in November 2007, not a bad effort if I can say so myself.

But "what about 2009" I hear you scream....well here you go.

Now go on, take the bait, lets get some healthy discussion going on.

Just remember, humble pie will be served down the line.

Note that there is a lot more optimism than last year's version, frankly because things could hardly get much worse.

Here's my prediction:

I can't see Jones being dropped down to "Sandy"!

Surely too short to be Bruce in the hat. My guess is it's Junior.
Don't forget the three boys next to him are all KPPs or Ruckmen, and hes only a inch or so shorter looking at the photo.

Junior would stick out like a sore thumb in that photo.

Its definitely Cam.

Don't forget the three boys next to him are all KPPs or Ruckmen, and hes only a inch or so shorter looking at the photo.

Junior would stick out like a sore thumb in that photo.

Its definitely Cam.

Hughes ain't a KPP or a ruckman, he's just got high hair making him look taller. Whoever is to his right is shorter than he is, which would rule out Bruce at 190cm.

Also, it appears to be a rehab group (with PJ and Riv) and I'm pretty sure Junior is on restricted training.

Hughes ain't a KPP or a ruckman, he's just got high hair making him look taller. Whoever is to his right is shorter than he is, which would rule out Bruce at 190cm.

Also, it appears to be a rehab group (with PJ and Riv) and I'm pretty sure Junior is on restricted training.
Hughes is 186 + 4cm of hair equals 190. Plus at Bruce's age he is probably starting training slowly as well. It doesn't really matter who it is but it looks a hell of a lot like Bruce, and not very much like Junior.

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to kill the optimism... (BetaVersion, 2008)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back