Mega Thread "I need to vent" thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

You're a solid looking boy, jathanas.

I don't usually check the Trump, thread, but had a look this morning and am impressed with your very knowledgeable and eloquently expressed posts. You really are an all rounder, not just brawn, but brains too.

My wife would strongly disagree with any claim about me being burdened with too much brightness, but thank you for your very kind words.

This place is a great online community lucky to have witty, passionate, & well expressed posters like yourself (and JB).

I'll take my leave of Big Footy, I think. I've enjoyed the place, mostly, until I stopped enjoying it.

Nothing self-important or self-indulgent in this post, just wanted to wave to some of the fantastic people I've conversed with.

JB.

I'll take my leave of Big Footy, I think. I've enjoyed the place, mostly, until I stopped enjoying it.

Nothing self-important or self-indulgent in this post, just wanted to wave to some of the fantastic people I've conversed with.

JB.
Don't go JB:'(
The days/weeks are full of 'up and down' times at the moment

JB.

As one of the fantastic people you’ve conversed with, I would like you to stay.

You are intelligent and funny.

The antithesis of ottoman (that is an insult Great Turkman).

Hugs and tousle of your steel wool, pubic-like head hair xx.

PS don’t also go ottoman.

Last edited:

JB.

Joining you JB. I can’t be part of a forum that seems to have become a platform for fringe anti-science right wing nut bag theories.

I’m sure I’ll be tempted back eventually.

Serious question how many times have you seen cyclists crash into pedestrians on shared bike paths?

Minimum 1/2 dozen times, 1 a particularly nasty accident requiring an ambulance for an elderly pedestrian. And I'm not someone who either cycles or spends a lot of time on shared paths. Serious question, just how many times is acceptable?

Minimum 1/2 dozen times, 1 a particularly nasty accident. And I'm not someone who either cycles or spends a lot of time on shared paths. Serious question, just how many times is acceptable?

I was simply asking how many times you’d witnessed these incidents because I’ve seen none and have ridden on shared paths for years.

I was simply asking how many times you’d witnessed these incidents because I’ve seen none and have ridden on shared paths for years.

The majority of the incidents I've seen have been on very busy paths like Southbank or along the Yarra on the way to the G so that might account for the numbers but 2 have occurred here in Bendigo in Rosland Park, including the particularly nasty 1 where an elderly gent just changed directions, walked straight into a cyclist coming quickly from behind. The other, a young lad chasing a footy ran off the lawned area into the path of a cyclist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joining you JB. I can’t be part of a forum that seems to have become a platform for fringe anti-science right wing nut bag theories.

Is there a forum anywhere on the net that doesn’t have the shouty right wingers, anti science element these days.
They are a minority, but certainly occupy a lot of space.
If you really think here is bad, then check out Lulie Street Dash. There the majority of posters are what you describe. Only about 20 members so no real impact on the world.
The one thing I do advise you to think about before walking is, “do you think it’s better fighting these mis truths from the outside, or the inside?”
Stay inside please.

Please don’t go VP.

JB.
Come back JB, you’re one of the best posters!

For some, their fears and mistrust have been brought to the fore by this pandemic. The discussion has got emotional at times because that's how people respond when their beliefs are questioned.

It's OK to want a break from a place that is becoming a source of stress but know Vicky Park and JB1975 that this place is less without you.

We are better as an online community with your reason, your cheer, your wit, and support.

I hope to see you both soon, stay awesome.

JB.

Last edited:
For some, their fears and mistrust have been brought to the fore by this pandemic. The discussion has got emotional at times because that's how people respond when their beliefs are questioned.

It's OK to want a break from a place that is becoming a source of stress but know Vicky Park and JB1975 that this place is less without you.

We are better as on online community with your reason, your cheer, your wit, and support.

I hope to see you both soon, stay awesome.
Very well said J. No criticism of you, but we all know who these great posters are referring to. Unfortunately the vocal minority won.

Very well said J. No criticism of you, but we all know who these great posters are referring to. Unfortunately the vocal minority won.

I'm not taking it as criticism mate. I know that you like both VP and JB very much, as do I.

We live in a society that's "free". That means that we have to deal with ideas and views that conflict with our own (within reason). COVID-19 isn't making that job easier.

We can always offer our own reasoning as a counterpoint, take a break until we calm down if things got heated, or just disengage and walk away altogether. There is always a choice.

VP and JB have exercised their choice and all we can do is respect that and hope they read this and see how much we miss them already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back