I never thought I would ever fell sympathy for pies fans...

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: I never thought I would ever fell sympathy for pirs fans...

haha agree with ya there eddiesmith. they get on ther high horse coz they will down with the bulldogs soon. let them enjoy for now. revenge is sweet and that makes being a collingwood supporter even better.

Ahh I get it... When Essendon Win it's BS umpiring, but when Essendon don't win, the umpires were fair?

Goal Umpires... Well that goal from hird that was 'touched' so Eddie says. That same goal umpire missed it when the ball clearly hit McVeigh/Didak 1qtr earlier but he called it a goal... I don't see you mentioning that. Simple fact is the Umpires are human... and suck :D

I wouldn't read to much into what Eddie and his crew thought was touched etc for the basis of your arguement, the video footage wasn't very clear.... They were protesting for quite sometime that Lonie's (sp) point from the pocket was a goal, when it clearly went through the behinds.... :rolleyes:

Hirds 20k... Well i Guess it's only in effect when Essendon wins. :eek:

317 CFC said:
haha agree with ya there eddiesmith. they get on ther high horse coz they will down with the bulldogs soon. let them enjoy for now. revenge is sweet and that makes being a collingwood supporter even better.

Revenge?..you need to beat us first. ;)

Last 14 games: Ess - 12 Coll - 2

317 CFC said:

hahaha....one flag in 50 years. Your revenge sure does come thick and fast doesnt it? :rolleyes:

Its not how many you get its where you get them...Essendon have an uncanny ability to receive free kicks right where it hurts...although it didn't translate to goals this evening it translated to momentum, 3 scoring shots for free by my count and 2 Buckley forward thrusts thwarted (which no doubt would have ended up in scoring shots) due to the incompetence of the umpiring brigade.

Essendon too good tonight, but I'd have hated for it to be a closer game as there would be no doubt the Umpires poor performance would have costs us the 4 pts. (as seen when they played Sydney earlier in the year)

Sack the Giesch.

Whinge whinge whinge...season over!

had to laugh at all the pies supporters whinging about every free kick against them...Joffa was a real barrel of laughs.

Notice how people are picking out all the free kicks Bombers got, but saying nothing out some of the ones the pies got...

whinge away....must hurt that we won I guess.

You are not there yet - go Kangas! go Swans! go Feo go Weagles!

Forget Eade Eddie get the Olympic diving coach - has worked a treat for silver boy Llyod ;)

There is nothing to say about the few frees we got, they had to be so damn obvious for the umps to pick them out, and a headbutt aint even worth a report these days or a 50m penalty what a joke

Umps fair when Essendon lose? Ha Essendon play so ******** when they lose that the free ride they get doesnt help

Did anyone see the decision tonight involving the trip in the middle of the ground???

An Essendon player was streaming through the middle of the ground , when a Collingwood player caught up with him , not enough to tackle but enough to trip him by hand.
The umpire was about 3 metres away , saw the incident and then turned his head away and blew play on.

What do these idiot umpires think about when they are out there??? lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free kicks were Ess 24 and Coll 21.

That said, i think Essendon got the better of it.... no doubt, but it didnt hand them the game by any means.

skylark18 said:
Did anyone see the decision tonight involving the trip in the middle of the ground???

An Essendon player was streaming through the middle of the ground , when a Collingwood player caught up with him , not enough to tackle but enough to trip him by hand.
The umpire was about 3 metres away , saw the incident and then turned his head away and blew play on.

Fletcher got a week for that, we didnt even get a free. lol

I gave up watching after the 1st quarter.Shocking display by the umpires.
I always hate it when the perception from watching a match is that the umpires are biased towards one particular team.When the decisions go towards that team,and others exactly the same for the other team go unnoticed.It leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.I switched off as it was so obvious who was going towin last night due to the poor perofrmance of the umpires.

You didn't have Goldspink did you??????

Its when and where you get them. Any umpire can even the ledger before the game is out.

Brett Allen ******** off and never umpire us again.

jlc

marcuz said:
how is september looking? :D

Get on North V St Kilda.

Win that, beat the Bulldogs and we will be there, hopefully to prove to the footy world that Essendon do indeed suck arse.

We had our chances regardles of the umpires but playing wide results in low % shots on goal, that was the real culprit.

The umpiring was just the icing on the cake, people are being generous, the umpires intervention resulted in at least half a dozen goals to Essendon. Brett Allen is a disgrace, you can't be that bad accidentally, you can only be that bad if you are biased.

pfinn said:
Goal Umpires... Well that goal from hird that was 'touched' so Eddie says. That same goal umpire missed it when the ball clearly hit McVeigh/Didak 1qtr earlier but he called it a goal... I don't see you mentioning that. Simple fact is the Umpires are human... and suck :D

It was a free kick to didak what was payed. The umpire then payed advantage and the goal was payed. Yes the goal umpire got it wrong, but if he payed a point didak gets a shot at goal from directly in front and kicks a goal anyway :confused:

Ari said:
Fletcher got a week for that, we didnt even get a free. lol

The collingwood players was attempting a tackle. Why fletchers only intention was to grab the lower leg of the player with the ball that will always trip up a player. But thats not to say i agreed with fletcher getting rubbed out.

skylark18 said:

I think you'll find a free kick was paid for tripping and the advantage was called, however the trip wasn't intentional as with Fletcher's, which was a genuine ankle tap. The tackle was from an outstretched hand and began on the lower back of Stanton but then slipped down.

As for the umpiring, it was shocking in the first quarter and bemusing and inconsistent for the remaining three. It favoured Essendon but as has been mentioned wasn't to a degree that altered the outcome of the match.

The umps were a disgrace but I feel the only did what they were told to do. If we (the Pies) were good enough it would not have mattered but the games been played and lost...season over at last!

Bring on 2005 we will be angry and brilliant, your really gunna hate us.

Remove this Banner Ad

I never thought I would ever fell sympathy for pies fans...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back