I sense an upset Saturday Night

Remove this Banner Ad

No.

We have no advantage.

Incorrect. We utterly destroyed Brisbane tonight, it looks like I was a little generous with my prediction of a 24 point win. Shouldda doubled it. Brown was crucified by Frawley, Fev beaten by Warnock, and our midfield obliterated theirs.

A little more faith next time, and perhaps a little more examination of the teams to hand?

Incorrect. We utterly destroyed Brisbane tonight, it looks like I was a little generous with my prediction of a 24 point win. Shouldda doubled it. Brown was crucified by Frawley, Fev beaten by Warnock, and our midfield obliterated theirs.

A little more faith next time, and perhaps a little more examination of the teams to hand?

Brisbane were shocking, where is this awesome forward line that no one will ever beat????

Brisbane will win with ease.

LOL @ at all the Melbourne supporters around here getting their tails up and talking themselves up after a win against a totally out of form, injury depleted Adelaide (in Melbourne) and Richmond who will finish last and fielded the youngest team ever since 1993.

Richmond has gone nowhere since 1993.

A little more faith next time, and perhaps a little more examination of the teams to hand?[/QUOTE

Haha, what game were you watching? Brown sorted Frawley every time the ball came near them. Warnock did well but all your other claims are crazy.

I came onto this thread with a view to congratulating the OP in his prescience. Then I see this.

A mate of mine moved from Queensland to Clifton Hill, in the 1970s. Inevitably, he felt constrained to follow Collingwood. After he'd been to a few games he asked me a question, "Why does everyone hate Melbourne supporters?" I said, "You'll learn."

A few years later, when Melbourne had enjoyed some success and appeared in GFs, he came back to me and said he now understood why Melbourne supporters were considered so loathsome. There are few things worse than a bad winner.

Lots of crow to be eaten in this thread.

Just goes to show that no-one (or at least the high majority of the population) really knows as much as they think they do when it comes to footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown was crucified by Frawley, Fev beaten by Warnock, and our midfield obliterated theirs.

To be fair though, Brown was far from 100% tonight. You could see it as soon as he ran out to warm up.

Regardless of how unfit and in some cases insipid Brisbane's forward line was, the best thing to come out of this match will be some confidence for our younger defenders. There's a really nice balance between leadership and youth in the team at the moment and I hope it continues to mature for the rest of the season.

edit:

Brown sorted Frawley every time the ball came near them.

You geeing up? Brown had an absolute shocker. Half the time he didn't even make a proper contest with Frawley because he was so slow. I agree that if he was fit he probably would have out-muscled and outmaneuvered Frawley easily but as it stands he had a dirty game.

A little more faith next time, and perhaps a little more examination of the teams to hand?[/QUOTE

Haha, what game were you watching? Brown sorted Frawley every time the ball came near them. Warnock did well but all your other claims are crazy.

U need to remove your Lions glasses mate.
Brown was flat out caned. To the point where it was almost embarrasing. This match up was the clear winner for the Demons across the ground.

Browny plays - Lions by 75

Browny doesnt play - Lions by 45

Browny & Black both play - Lions by 95

HAHAHAHAH...AHAHAHAH...AHAHAHAH....AHAHA...AHAH..HAHAH..Ha.AAAAHA

ok, i'm done.

Oh Wait.. HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAA

Brisbane supporters are alright.

However your arrogant footy department deserved to be pounded for sending half fit players out on the field. A smashing thoroughly deserved.

Haha, what game were you watching? Brown sorted Frawley every time the ball came near them.
Brown's 38 DT points would suggest otherwise.
Commentators were comparing young Jim to Uncle Danny tonight.

I came onto this thread with a view to congratulating the OP in his prescience. Then I see this.

A mate of mine moved from Queensland to Clifton Hill, in the 1970s. Inevitably, he felt constrained to follow Collingwood. After he'd been to a few games he asked me a question, "Why does everyone hate Melbourne supporters?" I said, "You'll learn."

A few years later, when Melbourne had enjoyed some success and appeared in GFs, he came back to me and said he now understood why Melbourne supporters were considered so loathsome. There are few things worse than a bad winner.

Well it's only fair when other supporters ridicule us for having faith in our team or telling us to "keep a lid on it." Why should we be gracious winners when everyone was saying we would get smashed and laughing at those who thought Melbourne were a good chance to win. Seems like many on this site can dish it out but they can't take it.

816386-matthew-warnock.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

I sense an upset Saturday Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back