I sense an upset Saturday Night

Remove this Banner Ad

I came onto this thread with a view to congratulating the OP in his prescience. Then I see this.

A mate of mine moved from Queensland to Clifton Hill, in the 1970s. Inevitably, he felt constrained to follow Collingwood. After he'd been to a few games he asked me a question, "Why does everyone hate Melbourne supporters?" I said, "You'll learn."

A few years later, when Melbourne had enjoyed some success and appeared in GFs, he came back to me and said he now understood why Melbourne supporters were considered so loathsome. There are few things worse than a bad winner.

Dude, everything he said was spot on.

Have you read the comments of Brisbane supporters in this thread before the game even started?

Cocky arrogance pre-game is worse than a delighted winner if you ask me!

Wellity wellity wellity. I am happy to be proven wrong tonight. WTF Brisbane?

Go the ****in Dees! No joke anymore!

Chickens coming home to roost in the velocity sports sheltered workshop. Fev brings thing more than Bradshaw..........Raines.....TJ for Grimes, Banfield for a rising star nomination......lucky they have Lynchy's bro on the phone.

Chickens coming home to roost in the velocity sports sheltered workshop. Fev brings thing more than Bradshaw..........Raines.....TJ for Grimes, Banfield for a rising star nomination......lucky they have Lynchy's bro on the phone.

You're pissed, which is a good thing.

awesome win Dees.
it was also a really good game 2 watch.
Browny looked crook, but kudos 2 the young Demons.
jnr & i were high fiving each other after each great goal & we quite like Brisbane!
:thumbsu:

From memory, Fev kicked 2 goals on his own and 2 from umpire help. His holding the ball on Grimes was horrible.

Grimes, like always, attacks the ball at full speed. He picks it up cleanly and is immediately brought to ground by Fev. It was a reasonable tackle and if anything, could have been in the back (I'd have preferred just a ballup though) 30 metres from goal directly in front. Instead, FEV GOT A ****ING FREE KICK! Horrible. Grimes didn't dive on the ball in a pack or anything. He simply attacked it like every player was taught to as a youngster. If free kicks are paid for those instances then our game is going to lose a key part of it :(

[/ end rant]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to hand it to the Dees, their backline 1 on 1 is damn good. Pretty sure they'll run out of puff about round 9ish but they're actually exciting to watch with their high risk corridor style.

probably the response i expected from a collingwood fan
so, a team who wins 3 in a row, beats brisbane, top of the ladder by 50 points, loses by one point to Collingwood and it doesnt put it into perspective?

Go figure. Maybe you cant understand the concept that its not so much we played poorly, its that melbourne arent the worst side running around.

What Did I Say?

Just a little dissapointed in some of my fellow Dees supporters during the thread below...We all knew it was coming...Keep the faith!

Re: What Did I Say?

well done
Thanks mate! I know we have a long way to go but its a start. The boys can take a bit of confidence into the next game knowing they can beat a top 8 side. Next challenge...win interstate!

I came onto this thread with a view to congratulating the OP in his prescience. Then I see this.

A mate of mine moved from Queensland to Clifton Hill, in the 1970s. Inevitably, he felt constrained to follow Collingwood. After he'd been to a few games he asked me a question, "Why does everyone hate Melbourne supporters?" I said, "You'll learn."

A few years later, when Melbourne had enjoyed some success and appeared in GFs, he came back to me and said he now understood why Melbourne supporters were considered so loathsome. There are few things worse than a bad winner.

so what Grand Final did Melbourne make in the 70s or 80s?

Black did not play last week. We comprehensively beat the dogs in pretty much every area of the game, generating about 30 more inside 50's, and 17 more scoring shots.

Brown also has a poor game by his standards.

Your hot form consists of beating two winless sides.

I don't think there's much basis to suggest you've got a great chance of taking home the 4 points this Saturday.

Melbourne will get owned, lawlz at Melbourne supporters for thinking they have a chance. Even if brown doesn't play they will still win by a decent margain.

$50 on Brisbane. Any takers melbourne?

Melbourne are severaly overrated, consider their last 3 weeks

Collingwood - it was their grand final for the year, collingwood played terrible, and melbourne gave it their all.. came up just short

Adelaide - clearly bottom 2 in form at present. During the second half the crows bench was full of injured players.. on top of that the injured players were - Tippett, Bock, Dangerfield, Hentschel.. and they only just managed to get up in the finals minutes

Richmond - A basket case, they matched it with them for a half

Brisbane will win by 5 goals +

Could be a big reality check coming up for the Dee's. It's great they have shown some improvement but who have they beaten.?

I'm tipping the next time Melbourne face an in form top team you will see more of the effort against the Hawks surface. I hope they have turned the corner but I'm not convinced right now.

Humble pie anyone?

LOL at y'all....:D

Awesome stuff Melbourne!
Thanks Swannie. I feel it will be 2 in a row for Brisbane next week.
You'll be pleased to know that this win brought Wonaeamirri33 out of hiding.

Remove this Banner Ad

I sense an upset Saturday Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back