I think Ryder will be named new captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Paddy Ryder to be named new Essendon Captain

I want Watson or Hille as Captain Damnit!

No offence to paddy I love the kid and he shall be a Superstar (almost there) But i really don't see him as captain material.

Does Paddy know that if he becomes captain he'll have to start talking?

Hahaha, apart from Anzac day this year i don't think i've ever heard a sound from him.

Wouldn't think so, but maybe if this came true it could be the second making of him. Smash the shell apart so to speak.

What's that supposed to mean?

I find it a coincidence that this rumour comes out the same day as a pole for this exact reason is opened on the EFC site.

It means what ever you want it to be cause i cant back it up with a link, BUT
least just say believe it or not.

yeah and you will also find Ryder is not on the list.

I am wondering about the case put forward to overlook Jobe or even Hille, but especially Jobe for the role at this stage if this true.

Paddy could well be an excellent choice for captain but not just now, I would suggest, given Jobe's development in every respect. jobe should be captain.

It sounds a little odd at this point in time

I tend to agree with Dapto.

In Lloyd's absence (throughout the season), Watson captained 2 matches, including the final against Adelaide. I can't exactly remember, but I'm not sure if Ryder did captain any games.

I'd find it extremely unusual for Ryder to be announced Captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this have anything to do with him being at the front of the picture for the 2010 membership campaign?? :rolleyes:

Does this have anything to do with him being at the front of the picture for the 2010 membership campaign?? :rolleyes:

Exactly what I was thinking.

membership2010-l.jpg

And there is a poll on the Essendon website

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/fun_n_games/poll.asp

Who will be the next Essendon captain?
David Hille
Mark McVeigh
Jobe Watson
Andrew Welsh
Dustin Fletcher
Other

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/fun_n_games/poll.asp

His name isn't even listed.....

Hahaha, apart from Anzac day this year i don't think i've ever heard a sound from him.

Wouldn't think so, but maybe if this came true it could be the second making of him. Smash the shell apart so to speak.

I think he farted, once, and it was quite noisy. ;)

A few loafs have been made in there for sure:p

I would like to continue on with this discussion, but that would mean derailing the thread and it is actually quite a good thread. *

* Actually I have just run out of quality toilet humour and cannot top your effort.

He is at the front of the poster because Essendon beleive he is about to become our superstar. He is extremely popular with the fans, and lots of kids are looking up to him as their favourite player. He is a marketable exitement machine!!!

He is at the front of the poster because Essendon beleive he is about to become our superstar. He is extremely popular with the fans, and lots of kids are looking up to him as their favourite player. He is a marketable exitement machine!!!

Yep back on topic(Sorry whomb:eek:), spot on.

Everyone loves him, his image will help sell heaps of things, but I can't see him as captain this early in his career.

Jobe had it when Lloyd retired, it just has to be announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Ryder will be named new captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back