Headless

Burnt piece of toast type poster.
May 27, 2006
🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I'm aware of and love the Miami Dolphins
I've been playing in the Sweet Football Association for some time now. This is my 31st consecutive season, in fact. And whilst my career has been undeniably spectacular, it's come at a cost; these days, I just feel tired all the time. I spoke to Kennedy Parker about it one time, who said it was probably due to my RELENTLESS CONTRIBUTIONS on and off the field. It's very hard to disagree with KP in times like this. KP speaks such sense.

Because I feel so utterly exhausted all the time, I've been trying to reduce game-day travel. It's all well and good when we play in Mount Buller - Mobbs kindly set me up with an abode on the outskirts of town some seasons ago - but Sweet is simply such a LARGE PLACE. Travelling to and from the opposition grounds really has an impact on me, so my strategy has been to RENT a more local place each week we're playing away.

Well, I tried to do that this week, but I've just found it SO HARD. Not physically hard, of course - what I'm referring to is more of a concept or process, and isn't actually tangible. No, what I mean is that it's been REALLY VERY DIFFICULT. :madv1:

I started the process by speaking with jackster83, who is the CAPTAIN of the Swamprats. I said, "jackster83, could you PLEASE help me find a place?"

jackster83 then pointed at a random house and said, "there you go!"

I said, "I can live there?"

jackster83 said, "no - but I certainly helped you find it!"

You can imagine how furious I was. Or perhaps you can't - if your imagination is poor, for instance - so I'll demonstrate how angry I was via text in the lines below.

I was really very angry.

And I told jackster83 just that.

"Just that," I said to jackster83.

By this point, philreich had joined us, which was lucky, because jackster83 and I were having difficulty communicating in a way that didn't make me JUST SO MAD. :madv1:

philreich, famously an ex-Demon, knows what it's like travelling from The Snow Dome to Underground Stadium. Between you and me, and all of our friends on the anonymous online text-based football discussion forum bigfooty.com, it sounded like philreich actually PREFERRED playing at The Snow Dome. I don't mean to be crass, but philreich told me in no uncertain terms:

"Underground Stadium is an absolutely ****** place, and I ********** playing there each and every ********* week."

I later learnt that philreich meant lovely, appreciate, and beautiful, which was really very confusing.

It was a really tough time for me, largely because I was distracted by my dear friend okeydoke7 arriving in Sweet. okey upset me very much by reminding me of the time that I DENIED okey goal #1,000 when I heroically played full-back against the Swamprats. Seeing that I was upset, okeydoke7 asked me what I was doing, and I explained that I was trying to find accommodation.

okey told met that I could stay in The Okey Inn.

So I asked okeydoke7 how much it would cost.

"500," said okeydoke7.

"No, no - I was asking how many dollars it would be to rent The Okey Inn for the week."

"Yes," okeydoke7 replied, "it will be 500."

"Oh," I said. "I thought you were saying how many games I'll have played by the end of this weekend."

"No," said okeydoke7.

Headless I was having a lovely stroll with manangatang the other day when Mang turned to me and said the most unbelievable thing, you simply won't believe it.

He turned to me, on our lovely stroll and he said "The most unbelievable thing"

I nodded and pondered on that as we continued strolling, and would you know, after much pondering, I realised he was quite correct, so I told him.

I said "Mang you are quite correct"

And then Mang nodded and we continued on our lovely stroll.

Headless, your career seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?
Ooh - a tough question, but a fair one!

Bluelegs, there's no single answer.

Some posters respond to my humble nature. Others are more impressed with my unrivalled on-field achievements. Still others by my quirky lovability, and the bureaucrats in Sweet Towers can put that in their pipes and brew a lovely batch of herbal tea for us all to share! :teacup:

Headless I was having a lovely stroll with manangatang the other day when Mang turned to me and said the most unbelievable thing, you simply won't believe it.

He turned to me, on our lovely stroll and he said "The most unbelievable thing"

I nodded and pondered on that as we continued strolling, and would you know, after much pondering, I realised he was quite correct, so I told him.

I said "Mang you are quite correct"

And then Mang nodded and we continued on our lovely stroll.
Now this is the style of posting I want in Sweet. Elton Johns Wig, can we mandate this?

:embarrassedv1:

Ooh - a tough question, but a fair one!

Bluelegs, there's no single answer.

Some posters respond to my humble nature. Others are more impressed with my unrivalled on-field achievements. Still others by my quirky lovability, and the bureaucrats in Sweet Towers can put that in their pipes and brew a lovely batch of herbal tea for us all to share! :teacup:
👀

Oh dear sweet Headless - are you doing your own milestone thread?
Not even as good as my 450th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 500 reasons Headless is the heart and soul of the SFA. You’ll never believe #23!
I look forward to your season long beez winning media piece where you count down from 500-1

Top 500 reasons Headless is the heart and soul of the SFA. You’ll never believe #23!
I can't wait to click the next button four hundred ninety-nine times!

Remove this Banner Ad

Media I tried to find somewhere to rent near Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back