Lehmann
Bevan
Symonds
Harvey (possibly Hauritz)
Hogg
Bichel
Lee
McGrath

That should be the team, Harvey gets the nod over Maher because he's at least been involved in the tournament & he can bowl.

Hauritz won't play, we don't need any other bowling options with Lehmann backing up the front line.

According to the Channel 10 news, both Symonds and Freak Harvey will play.

I'm glad of that because i'm certain Harvey will be able to get an awful lot out of such a pitch.

Batting first is definitely a good move. I'm hoping that Jayasuria gives Murali the new ball.

Good to see Freak Harvey retained too.

I can't believe Gilly just walked, especially since the umpire said not out.

You can bet your arse none of the Sri Lankans will walk, no matter how big the knick.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky

You can bet your arse none of the Sri Lankans will walk, no matter how big the knick.

Well he'd be the only player in the Test or One-day squad who would.

It is actually good to see a player walk especially with that big a nick. Anyway the SA's won't get an umpire in the WC final now either after that decision he's lost all chance of the final.

2 down.

Not looking good at this stage.

This is a sham. Australia should have gone straight through to the final for not losing one game.

:mad:

Why did he walk..good on him though.

Those little ***** would not have walked. They prob would have used the race card.

I really dislike Sri Lankan cricket team.

Up yours Dav Whatmore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC, wasn't it only recently that Gilchrist asked a fielder if he had caught a ball cleanly, that he walked when the fielder replied "yes". This was after the umpire had requested the video ump to make a decision?

Originally posted by Home Brand
Well done Adam Gilchrist for having integrity. May good karma come your way and may you make a ton if the Aussies make the final.

Home Brand

he is a fool.

I respect him for doing it, but if he did it to try persuade batsman around the world to walk from now on, he has done it in vain. You can bet your last dollar that no one from India, Pakistan, SA would ever do that, not in a hundred years.

This is why he should never be captain, steve waugh would have never walked. He would put the team ahead of anything.

I can't believe his done it on the biggest stage of all....I hope we win......but if we dont....I will never be able to forgive him.

his a great player and i respect him...and his probably done the right thing. But really all that matters is winning the ****ing cup....

Originally posted by tiger of old
could gilly be our version of gibbs in 99?:eek: i hope not!
if we lose may he sleep better tonight knowing he let his 14 other teamates down or sleep better knowing he did the noble thing?
as they say you dont give a sucker an even break.

cheers!

Do you be a good bloke?

Or do you put bread of the table at any cost for your family?

I know which one i would be doing, and I wouldnt be hungry.

I've had bad vibes about this game all weekend.

Should have we bit the bullet and maybe lose a few to ensure an easier path to the final?

I don't really think an India Vs Sri Lanka final would do the game any justice.

Saying that Sri Lanka still have to bat.

Originally posted by Frosties_Flank
I've had bad vibes about this game all weekend.

Should have we bit the bullet and maybe lose a few to ensure an easier path to the final?

I don't really think an India Vs Sri Lanka final would do the game any justice.

Saying that Sri Lanka still have to bat.

thats a bit harsh

ur obviously a bad sport

Originally posted by understudy
thats a bit harsh

ur obviously a bad sport

Dude if your looking for a reaction i am not going to give you the satisfaction. I dont think anybody here will.

:eek:

Originally posted by Fansquad
Do you be a good bloke?

Or do you put bread of the table at any cost for your family?

I know which one i would be doing, and I wouldnt be hungry.
wake up mate.cricket lost its sportmanship way way long ago once the almighty $ come into the sport.

cheers!

Remove this Banner Ad

[ICC WC 2003 - Semi Finals] - Australia vs Sri Lanka

Remove this Banner Ad

Back