If Mooney Is Suspended, Who Replaces Him?

Remove this Banner Ad

You've got to be kidding - if West goes for that I'll personally hand out netball bibs to the match review panel.

no in all seriousness..its at least a week.. I have west in my DT so of course i dont want him to go:eek: but he was no where near the footy and only had one thing on his mind ( bump this guy over) X was not even near the footy nore running for it:rolleyes: we'll wait and see wont we. As for that comment in bold.. do it.. coz i think you might have to.

IF it was such a horrendous hit off the play then why didn't the umpire report Westy or pay a free kick? He had full view of the incident and didn't blow the whistle.

Here's why:

-West's feet didn't leave the ground
-West was providing a block for Hunt who was taking off from a mark
-Clarke had full view of West - it wasn't a "surprise" shirtfront

IF it was such a horrendous hit off the play then why didn't the umpire report Westy or pay a free kick? He had full view of the incident and didn't blow the whistle.

Here's why:

-West's feet didn't leave the ground
-West was providing a block for Hunt who was taking off from a mark
-Clarke had full view of West - it wasn't a "surprise" shirtfront

open your eyes mate...

Clarke was pretty much walking. and was at least 15 metres away from Hunt.

Clarke had his eyes on Hunt but didn't put a lot of pressure on him. West come out of nowhere and bumped him head high.

1 week at least.

open your eyes mate...

Clarke had his eyes on Hunt but didn't put a lot of pressure on him. West come out of nowhere and bumped him head high.

1 week at least.

If you think that West hit Clarke "head high" then I think that you are in dire need of an anatomy lesson.

open your eyes mate...

1 week at least.

This alone shows that Clarke has no peripheral vision or awareness as to what is going on around him, good AFL players have that awareness and ability to see something happening before it happens, it is one of the most important skills in not only footy but all sports and it is something that Xavier Clarke doesn't have, good players would have seen Trent West approaching and would have done something more to protect themselves. Long story short- X.Clarke needed to be more aware of his direct surroundings-especially in a crowded area on the ground

open your eyes mate...

1 week at least.

Saints fans should be asking, "why wasn't Clarke even trying to put pressure on Hunt?"
???

open your eyes mate...

1 week at least.

Guess the MRP agrees with me mate. Back to the pretenders board you go.

Trent West is in the clear for his hard bump on Xavier Clarke. The panel decided that the contact was not unnecessary in the circumstances as:
1. The bulk of the contact was to Clarke's body.
2. West did not use his elbow as part of the contact.
3. West did not leave the ground during his action.
4. West did not run a great distance to make contact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ottens is right to play, why not put him at Full Forward and Hawkins at CHF, whilst giving Blake & West another week in the ruck.

Because he is not good enough at it and spending large slabs of confidence only destroys his confidence. The ruck is the place for Otto. Can rest sporadically in the forward line but not stay down there.

We might finally get a chance to unleash the Flying-V of half-forwards:

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

TOMAHAWK

Byrnes ------------------------------------ Stokes
Johnson ---------------- Kelly
----------------------Chapman ---------------------
Brilliant! Freaking brilliant! It would take the opposition coaching staff atleast a half to figure out what we are doing, and by that stage it will be game over. I would love to see exactly this at the first bounce on the w/e. Tomma in the square, still eating his lunch time pie, the 5 HFFers standing along the 50. Sydney will be overwhelmed by the flying V.

play harley up forward for this game.Do we need 3 tall defenders when they have no hall ?

this is a bit of a concern that we don't have a 2nd tall forward for this week,it shows how the loss of Nathan has affected our depth.

what ever happend to grimma ? i saw him kick 10 goals in a u18 game and he was one of the vfl's leading goal kickers last year yet he never got an afl game and cant get on an afl list.

When not in the ruck, West can switch between resting at CHF and on the bench. He's big and agile and really, all we need him to do is create a contest and bring the ball to ground and his job will be done. Plus, if he does take a grab, he has a lovely kicking action for goal.

Perhaps Blakey will jag a couple more on the run from 50m this week too! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

If Mooney Is Suspended, Who Replaces Him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back