IF North defeat Sydney..

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would we just sit back and "enjoy a couple of finals wins" when a gf is on the line.
and of course you are favourites for a reason, doesn't mean we can't beat you and there is no reason why we wouldn't be hoping for more, we DO match up relatively well on your mob. Very few of us are beating our chest and bragging about how we "are going to win"... the same cannot be said for a lot of your mob however.

WCE fans basically acting like they are entitled to their grand final.
There would probably be riots and pitch invasions if we beat them.

North Melbourne need to exploit the 2 potential Eagles weaknesses, the backline and lack of experience. How do they do this? Well getting off to a really good start is critical, and silencing the crowd and giving them an uneasy feeling will go a long way to killing the buzz. Making the Eagles work is the key, so North need to really draw on their experience and take off from the front foot. Stretching the Eagles backline to old fashioned one on one contests is critical, I back Waite, Petrie, Brown, Harvey, Thomas, and Higgins in that forward line to beat their opponents when in a one on one contest. Goldstein will need to play out of his skin and be taking lots of marks through the centre on the Eagles rebound, and Ziebell, Cunnington, Swallow, and Dal Santo will have to be clearance machines as will as hitting targets in one go. Jacobs will also need to take an important Eagles midfielder out of the game, probably Shuey.
It's hard to take you seriously though when you are just spouting absolute crap.

The two things you point to as key weaknesses arent even weaknesses.

We had the third best defence all year marginally behind Freo and Hawthorn so our defence isnt a weakness. It's a strength! As for experience. Well 3 GF's in a row, back to back premierships and a million finals games for Hawthorn players counted for diddly squat when we beat Hawthorn two weeks ago in the QF.

So North's apparent experience in finals I dont think is gonna bother us either.

But whatever.

I actually think north are a big chance, they do match up well against the Eagles. Unlike hawthorn they have a top ruckman and they also have the forward line height to stretch the Eagles defence. Key will be getting the ball to them so the midfield needs to win the battle.
I think it would be good for a side that finishes outside the top 4 to make the GF, will give hope in future that it isn't simply top 4 or bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to take you seriously though when you are just spouting absolute crap.

We had the third best defence all year marginally behind Freo and Hawthorn so our defence isnt a weakness. It's a strength! As for experience. Well 3 GF's in a row, back to back premierships and a million finals games for Hawthorn players counted for diddly squat when we beat Hawthorn two weeks ago in the QF.

So North's apparent experience in finals I dont think is gonna bother us either.

But whatever.
No worries, that is fine, it's just how I think North Melbourne can beat you. Playing to their strengths and trying to exploit your weaker areas. West Coast may completely make a fool from me and defeat North Melbourne by 100 points, or North may cause an upset, it will just be interesting to watch the method behind each potential result.

Biggest issue for North is who takes Lecras, Hill and Cripps. Will be a serious gulf in talent in those match ups, all Eagles way.

This has been downplayed but should be Brad Scott's greatest concern. If North can break even on those it will go a long way for them.

Eagles are a far far far better team than he kangaroos but that isn't enough to guarantee a win.
Yet we beat the Eagles this year and last year (at Subi). West Coast are favourites, and rightfully so, but our second half of the year has been as good as West Coast's and we match up well across the park.

For all the talk of each team's forward lines it has been the team defence that has propelled both into a Prelim.

Biggest issue for North is who takes Lecras, Hill and Cripps.
This year's game in Hobart (noted conditions will not be the same):

LeCras: 13 touches, 2 marks, 0.1
Hill: 11 touches, 0 marks, 0.1
Cripps: 9 touches, 1 mark, 1.0

Guys like Wright and Macmillan get no press but have been fantastic this year, Firrito is in near-career best form, and there's also the possibility either Thompson or Atley may go to one of them.

The game will be won and lost in the midfield.

Yet we beat the Eagles this year and last year (at Subi). West Coast are favourites, and rightfully so, but our second half of the year has been as good as West Coast's and we match up well across the park.

For all the talk of each team's forward lines it has been the team defence that has propelled both into a Prelim.

No your second half of the year hasn't been as good. We beat Sydney, Fremantle, smacked the Bulldogs. You only beat Fremantle at home.

So you beat Sydney, Freo and the Bulldogs?

We've beaten Sydney, Freo and Richmond. Seriously you are picking hairs.

Even if you count finals, we have still had a better second half, as we beat the 'best team in the comp' Hawthorn. Not picking hairs mate your clutching at straws.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year's game in Hobart (noted conditions will not be the same):

LeCras: 13 touches, 2 marks, 0.1
Hill: 11 touches, 0 marks, 0.1
Cripps: 9 touches, 1 mark, 1.0

Guys like Wright and Macmillan get no press but have been fantastic this year, Firrito is in near-career best form, and there's also the possibility either Thompson or Atley may go to one of them.

The game will be won and lost in the midfield.

They all had shockers and you won by 10 points. Its sort of what I am getting at. I didn't say they will definitely turn it around this time but I don't think many pundits wouldn't have the Eagles having the edge on all 3 of those match ups. And if you put Thompson onto one of them then the Eagles would be pretty happy with Tarrant on Kennedy as he is far better getting loose and chopping in for marks than one on one.

So if North can break even at least on them again (clearly won the match ups in Hobart) it will be a big boost.

But if 2 of those 3 get off the leash, especially Lecras, North will need to find a lot of goals.

So you beat Sydney, Freo and the Bulldogs?

We've beaten Sydney, Freo and Richmond. Seriously you are picking hairs.

Look, I hate to split hairs, but it's "splitting hairs".

And whichever way you slice and dice it, Eagles have had a more impressive season than North. That would be why they finished second and comfortably won their QF against the best team of the past few seasons.

But whatever.
I actually don't understand why you think this is 'crap'. North Melbourne can beat you by doing this. You were flogged by Adelaide because they came out attacking and punished you with their forward line, I don't think you can argue that your defence held up that day. Jenkins kicked 6, Walker 3, and Betts 3. Jarred Waite is in form, takes a good mark, and kicks straight. Petrie does the same, and Harvey, Thomas, and Higgins love a goal.

It all starts in the middle, Goldstein quelling the infuence of Nic Nat is something he is more than capabe of, and it's not like North have a soft midfield. I think Brad Scott might be having a good re-run of that Adelaide loss.

The way Eagles played vs Hawks was their best since the cats game a few years ago, eagle's have not reached their potential and may improve on the Hawks performance but also have a chance in going backwards as they are still inexperienced.

If the eagle's come out like they did vs Hawks North don't really have a chance.

No worries, that is fine, it's just how I think North Melbourne can beat you. Playing to their strengths and trying to exploit your weaker areas. West Coast may completely make a fool from me and defeat North Melbourne by 100 points, or North may cause an upset, it will just be interesting to watch the method behind each potential result.
And that's fine, I was pointing out to you that the things you have listed as weaknesses, arent actually weaknesses. So that's cool.

North may beat us. But im pretty confident.

I actually don't understand why you think this is 'crap'. North Melbourne can beat you by doing this. You were flogged by Adelaide because they came out attacking and punished you with their forward line, I don't think you can argue that your defence held up that day. Jenkins kicked 6, Walker 3, and Betts 3. Jarred Waite is in form, takes a good mark, and kicks straight. Petrie does the same, and Harvey, Thomas, and Higgins love a goal.

It all starts in the middle, Goldstein quelling the infuence of Nic Nat is something he is more than capabe of, and it's not like North have a soft midfield. I think Brad Scott might be having a good re-run of that Adelaide loss.
I dont take much from the Adelaide game. We just didnt turn up that day. Ill be very surprised if we dont turn up on Saturday.

It does start in the middle and NN will jump all over Goldstein. We will get first use, give our forwards, our much better forward line the chance to kick a lot of goals. Set up the web, repeat entries. Win game. :)

I actually thought Petrie missed a few easy ones last week and Waite may have missed a few too.
Petrie was our main offender in regards to goalkicking accuracy against the Swans. Waite missed an early one, but was good after that

Goldstein will dominate the ruck, I'd imagine. Will be very helpful as the West Coast mids are quite talented.

Remove this Banner Ad

IF North defeat Sydney..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back