IF North defeat Sydney..

Remove this Banner Ad

North have more to play for.......um would have thought both teams have plenty to pay for being a prelim, sounds like a worried hawks supporter hoping we're not there in case the hawks make the GF.

North were flogged in last years PF, and will be bent on trying not to repeat that insipid performance. The Eagles have almost come out of nowhere (although have arguably underperformed for a few years), and are playing with a clean slate as far as expectations. If you win fantastic, if you lose it will still be a very impressive season. When it comes down to a potential GF match up, the Eagles will possibly be a harder beat, but we still have this weekend to get through.

North were flogged in last years PF, and will be bent on trying not to repeat that insipid performance. The Eagles have almost come out of nowhere (although have arguably underperformed for a few years), and are playing with a clean slate as far as expectations. If you win fantastic, if you lose it will still be a very impressive season. When it comes down to a potential GF match up, the Eagles will possibly be a harder beat, but we still have this weekend to get through.

Both teams are playing for a GF spot and a chance at a premiership, I don't think they really care about what happened last year I would have thought that's motivation enough to win.

He's not wrong. NN should get first use from centre bounces as he has a significantly bigger leap. It's around the ground Goldy can get on top of him.

Just look at those stats they've been talking about tonight how good Goldie is v Naitanui.o_O Goldie racking them up.

One problem with those stats, Goldie rucks 80% of the game because Norths backup ruck isn't much chop.

Eagles are happy to play Sinclair 40 - 45% of the time in the ruck and play both forward more.

Sat nights ruck duel will be interesting.....very interesting. Tipping NickNat will be very motivated to prove those AA selectors don't know sh!t.

North were seriously good in that first half. A lot of people were right about the matchup, they had a side that exposed our weaknesses a bit, but didn't quite get enough out of those three big forwards. Clearance wise they were dominant, particularly early.

You guys were very good in second half. This hurts so much more than last year...

North were seriously good in that first half. A lot of people were right about the matchup, they had a side that exposed our weaknesses a bit, but didn't quite get enough out of those three big forwards. Clearance wise they were dominant, particularly early.

Just did not score enough goals to get scoreboard pressure up where it should have been. Once Kennedy got that first inspiring goal for Eagles most of the good start Norf had was negated with the crowd and umpire factor to rev up in the second quarter. Whole momentum of game was changed in second quarter. Eagles got about 10 free kicks in the quarter alone and just sensed North would never get the momentum their way again. Surprised they only lost by 25 points in the end. Barely saw the last quarter. Remember just before start of game putting $50 on North at the pub on line bet to get within 31 points. I thought that would be gone when I left pub half way through last quarter. Never seen last 15 minutes of game as was on my way home from pub.

North were great, and started off do well. The third quarter was the key and looked like it was going to be a thriller but North just let WC back into it. They did kick badly, didn't look threatening enough in the forward line as there wasn't enough presence from small forwards.

WC are unbelievable on the rebound. Wellingham is another level, and their pace is electric. It's going to be a red hot GF next weekend, two of the most attacking sides I've seen in a long time, probably since Bris v Ess in 01.

Remove this Banner Ad

IF North defeat Sydney..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back