If you could have two things back at the club, what would they be?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thndr

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
Mick Martin school of bad looks.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok, i was thinking about this the other day. What player or thing would you love to see back at the club right now to make a difference around the place. Im talking of days gone by, players gone by, rules gone by. mine would be ........

1: Byron Pickett.

2: The shirtfront rule.

th

That steel seating around the ground, and the shoe I lost when coming back from a club trip to Sydney circa 1988. An Adidas Rome size 8, in good condition, somewhere :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, gonna be serious for once.

Number 1 - The expectation of winning every week. I don't mean supporters either. For over a decade now I've felt that even internally we go into certain games "hopeful" rather than expecting to win. I understand it's a little bit chicken and egg but I would love to see a return to that kind of confidence that no matter what happens on field, we have the guys on the ground to adapt and grind out a win. We took some steps toward that this year but more to go.

Number 2 - A more social atmosphere and feeling of the club as... a club. I'm excited to think that the AFLW & VFL at Arden St might go a long way towards this. I want people to be able to float in and around Arden St almost any day of the week and it is like a little NMFC village. Things to do, people to see, new displays, new merchandise but in a really down to earth organic kind of way. Hopefully we can harness games and the new Metro station to make it a bustling, friendly place.

shintemaster

1 I thought we were turning a corner earlier this year where we brought pressure every week. We've slipped on this.

2 perhaps BF can play a role here. Maybe there is space for a BF supporters group. I've meet a bunch of people off here perhaps there is an opportunity to make something consistent. It won't solve the feel thing from a club perspective but it would be something tangible that we can influence.

Number 2 - A more social atmosphere and feeling of the club as... a club. I'm excited to think that the AFLW & VFL at Arden St might go a long way towards this. I want people to be able to float in and around Arden St almost any day of the week and it is like a little NMFC village. Things to do, people to see, new displays, new merchandise but in a really down to earth organic kind of way. Hopefully we can harness games and the new Metro station to make it a bustling, friendly place.
Great post. We need to create reasons for supporters to visit the club - build attachment. We have a chance to do this with the new developments surrounding the ground. Create a decent cafe/bistro that will draw people in, a public interactive space (not just footy) and above all the best kids playground or similar in Melbourne - get the kids to support North and you have them for life. Create something that is unique to draw people into Arden St and build subtle marketing ops around it. Do it smart and it also becomes a revenue stream.

Great post. We need to create reasons for supporters to visit the club - build attachment. We have a chance to do this with the new developments surrounding the ground. Create a decent cafe/bistro that will draw people in, a public interactive space (not just footy) and above all the best kids playground or similar in Melbourne - get the kids to support North and you have them for life. Create something that is unique to draw people into Arden St and build subtle marketing ops around it. Do it smart and it also becomes a revenue stream.

You know what gets people in - kids playgrounds and dog parks. No joke. Maybe if we can expand as per the masterplan we take over and expand the existing dog park (which is extremely popular) into our official precinct.

You know what gets people in - kids playgrounds and dog parks. No joke. Maybe if we can expand as per the masterplan we take over and expand the existing dog park (which is extremely popular) into our official precinct.
Yep - people drive all over Melbourne to go to popular playgrounds. I am serious. Do something special and people will come - add a few services around it and revenue will come. Then look at how you can leverage popularity with recruiting supporters. Its a no brainer.

That's a bloody good idea.

2 perhaps BF can play a role here. Maybe there is space for a BF supporters group. I've meet a bunch of people off here perhaps there is an opportunity to make something consistent. It won't solve the feel thing from a club perspective but it would be something tangible that we can influence.

I came to the pub but didn't see anyone from here so left.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you could have two things back at the club, what would they be?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back