If you could travel back through time.........

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at that game. Waverley Park v the Tiges.

How I would love that game to be played current day, at the The G, in front of an 80K crowd.
Crowds were never great at Waverley. Considering what transpired that day, the venue didn't do it justice.
I was there too. What was good about Waverley was that you could easily walk from one end of the ground to the other to watch the Dunstall show. I always loved that ground.

Given that October 21 was "back to the future" day, where in the 1989 movie of the same name, Marty Mcfly travels to the future on October 21 2015, i thought i would post this question to you:

If you could travel back in time to see just 1 hawthorn game, which game would you choose???

I will start the ball rolling, with a game i reckon very few would choose:

The year is 1979, Hawthorn are the reigning premiers, but the season is shot, with injuries to too many good players. Come round 20, we are sitting in 7th spot, 3 games and percentage outside the top 5.

We journey to Windy Hill to play Essendon in this round, and are missing: Leigh Matthews, Don Scott, Peter Knights, Alan Martello.

Its a wet day, and at three qtr time, after trailing all day, we are down, 7.16.58 to 5.12.42, but appear to be coming home to the scoring end.

We kick 5 goals in the last qtr to 2, winning 10.14.74 to 9.16.70.

The hero is Michael Tuck, who kicks 4 goals, including the goal to put us in front, before taking a match saving mark deep in defence with only a minute to go.

We missed the 5 in 1979, finishing in 7th position, winning 10 games, losing 12 games.

Over to you, which game would you travel back in time to see????????
Movie came out in 1985. But Burgers goal in the 13 prelim has been the best moment for a while for me

Movie came out in 1985. But Burgers goal in the 13 prelim has been the best moment for a while for me
No it didn't. The first movie came out in 85. They never came to 2015 in that movie.

The movie in which they travelled to 2015 was made and released in 1989.

No it didn't. The first movie came out in 85. They never came to 2015 in that movie.

The movie in which they travelled to 2015 was made and released in 1989.
I've never seen any of the films, but I recall that the pinball machine was pretty good.

The other game I'd have loved to have seen was the one where Peter Hudson kicked a goal, the ball was blown back into play and was signaled as a behind. I remember discussion here several years ago of this and it just sounds so incredible I would have loved to have seen it

Not drafted Thorpe and picked you know who

You could say that about a few decisions, but that is the one that burns, along with Pendlebury (am I remembering Ellis over him correctly?). Imagine us with either of those two.

We drafted like crap with those single digit early picks - Franklin, Rough, Lewis, Birch and then nobody. Kind of a cautionary tale for anyone considering the idea that early picks are a panacea.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you could travel back through time.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back