If you didn't support your team...

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey_35

Debutant
Mar 31, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey guys, hopefully this hasn't been done, am relatively new to the board.

Just wondering who Bigfooty users would support next if their club, for whatever reason, ceased to exist, and why??

I'd support Essendon because of my Dad being a massive Dons fan. Because of this I've always had a soft spot for them and they were always another team to cheer on and make my week happy whenever St Kilda was playing poorly.

For as long as I've followed Football i've always made sure that every week I at least watched both St Kilda and Essendon games respectively

If the Saints went bust, it'd be logical for me to back the bombers in.

what about you?

Bombers, my dad saw them plenty in the 1980's due to the fact that he went for Glenelg in the SANFL when he lived in Adelaide and Essendon picked up some players from Glenelg and my uncle decided to go for them when he moved to Victoria and my dad decided to go along to the games with him, but it never really stuck and he was disinterested. At his new job in Melbourne he made a few mates who went for St Kilda and took him down to Moorabbin and he felt the pride in going for the underdog.

I then came along and was born into the St Kilda way but if there was no St Kilda around, I would've gone for the Bombers as they still would've been my dad's team (even if he cared little for them) but I being the football nut I am would've clung on anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see myself loving any other club in the world more than I love Geelong. Nothing comes close. I've said too many things and words of approval that can only apply to Geelong too.

My 2nd team is Brisbane though.

Would join my brother in supporting Port Adelaide. I could go for Geelong, due to geographical convenience, but I just hate their supporters that live here so much, so I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

Whoever plays Carlton :)

And I thought you loved us.

Basically, my second favourite team changes regularly. Usually when the supporters of that club go after Carlton, I unconsciously start disliking that team.

If Carlton weren't around so I had no supporter base rivalries to fall back on, I guess I would support Brisbane or Gold Coast.

Probably Richmond, my cousin and her dad are die-hard Tiges peeps, and there is something about that club I like.
Though they would probably send me around the bend quite quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you didn't support your team...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back