List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Funnily enough, I think the way the list managers have positioned themselves this coming post-season looks fine.

Get in Perryman as a FA, if they can convince Cumming too then all the better.

Push hard for Lukosius if his cost is a future second rounder taking on his salary.

Everyone still thinks Houston will go, so stand firm on the two first rounders or equivalent.

The cheaper outside running players, a Richards and O'Driscoll would be useful additions.

Rome Burgoyne, Montgomery and Benny Barrett as FS/NGA handy back end of the draft picks, Maybe Francou, although there seems to be less certainty that he will be picked.

And have a serious look at state leagues for players, Geelong seem to be able to pick the eyes out of those systems.

And no to trading Butters. He's contracted to the end of 2026, we'll have a better idea next year of his intentions.

Yeah I think this is partially true but I have it from a players family member that it is essentially true, but like any workplace when somebody leaves another replaces him/her. Then things continue on. By the end of the pre-season it will be Ken who. Everyone is replaceable. That should be a life lesson for everyone.

That's a problem in itself, you shouldn't love your coach, but certainly respect them.

This is just another lie of the cult of Hinkley. There is nothing based on fact that suggests this is true.
He has said in his own words ok and I quote, I LOVE KEN!
It’s easy to find on the net if you want to search.
I found it myself so anyone can.
It surprised me also he would say it in those words.
I’ve seen players talk highly of there coaches but never heard a player say he loves the coach.

I’ve seen players talk highly of there coaches but never heard a player say he loves the coach.

But he has also talked a lot about how much Carr has improved his game.

But he has also talked a lot about how much Carr has improved his game.
Yep he has but that doesn’t change the fact he loves Ken.
How in the hell could anyone say that😂.
I hope he stays but I wouldn’t put money on that.
We need to keep a core group of players and build around them.
The other problem like you said before is attracting good coaches to come to S.A.

I was responding to the statement if Ken leaves then the chance of Butters leaving increases.

I'm not saying that Butters doesn't love Ken but lets face it, he's not going on the record saying yeah Ken's OK when being asked about it like the media constantly do.

So the Ken sycophants ask do you love Ken? They answer Yes we love Ken and then the analysis is Ken's the best coach. It's just a setup getting the answer they want so they can come to the outcome they want.

By the way I've been told the players do love Ken but I'm trying to illustrate it doesn't really make a difference whether they do or not the media are going to paint the picture that Ken is the best coach for Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton - Dan Houston, pick 55
Port - Lewis Young, pick 11, Carltons F3

Pies - Dylan Williams
Port - Richards

West Coast - Tom Clurey
Port - pick 59

Tigers - Josh Sinn
Port - pick 21

Trade - Ollie Wines & pick 11 to North for pick 2 & pick 22

Trade - pick 22 and F3 to GC for Lukosius

Trade - Willem Drew, Soldo & Carltons F3 to Saints for Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera and pick 24

Trade - Pick 2 & F3 to Melbourne for Kozzy Pickett & pick 38

Draft Tex Wanganeen in delisted draft

Picks - 21, 24, 37, 38, 55 & 59

#Draft#
Pick 21 - Benny Barrett
Pick 24 - Alex Dodson (ruck)
Pick 37 -
Pick 38 -

Draft or rookie - Father-sons e.g. Burgoyne's, Francou, Montgomery...

Perryman UFA
Cummin UFA

Retired - Dixon & McKenzie

Delisted - Tom McCallum & Kyle Marshall

Players OUT
  • Dixon
  • McKenzie
  • Houston
  • Sinn
  • Williams
  • McCallum
  • Kyle Marshall
  • Clurey
  • Wines
  • Drew
  • Soldo

Players IN
  • Perryman
  • Cummin
  • Lewis Young
  • Richards
  • Lukosius
  • Benny Barrett
  • Kozzy Pickett
  • Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

Possible Line-up

FB Aliir BZT Bergman
HB Farrell Young Nasiah
C Cummin JHF Perryman
HF Pickett Georgiades Richards
FF SPP Lukosius Rioli

FOLL Sweet Butters Rozee

INT Mead L.Evans Barrett Lorenz Burgoyne Boak DJB Burton Esava, Tex Wanganeen, Narkle, etc etc

He's also a huge fan of Josh Carr too you know? Yeah he may "love" Kenny but doesn't mean he'll just up & go when Ken does. He was also a fan of Robbie Gray hence the #9 and Gray stayed loyal to Port.

Butters isn't going to leave, mark my words.

Where did you hear this?
We've been in for Perryman long before the Houston rumours came out. Been in his ear since start of the year.

There's been lots of noise about Perryman wanting midfield minutes and that's why he's considering leaving Giants because their midfield is stacked.

Massive bed wetting going on regarding butters.

People steal nice cars so imma torch my lambo before they get the chance ! That will teach em!

Who the **** cares.

Players always say they love the coach.

Carlton have had how many coaches ? I’m amazed Cripps is still there, hasn’t he got the “you have to walk out when they sack a coach” memo?

We can deal with any potential trade request when and if it comes up, not in some panic now.

Even ignoring the fact that he's captain and won't be traded, Rozee is contracted for the next 8 years at a reported total contract value of $10 million. There's absolutely no way any other club would take that on.
Money means nothing, if Perryman can get offered a 7 year deal at 800k a year anything is possible.
And he’s a half back flanker who’s already 25. 😂
Couple more years down the track and a Million a year for your top players will be average.

We've been in for Perryman long before the Houston rumours came out. Been in his ear since start of the year.

There's been lots of noise about Perryman wanting midfield minutes and that's why he's considering leaving Giants because their midfield is stacked.

We’ve been into perryman since he was drafted. There’s been consistent talk about us in his ear every year since then.

Also, the midfield bit seems to be conjecture.

C4 was very clear why perryman is looking elsewhere, he directly said that perryman likes gws but that they blew the contract negotiations and stuffed him around, so he made up his mind to go elsewhere.

Must get Lewis Young at any cost

He's also a huge fan of Josh Carr too you know? Yeah he may "love" Kenny but doesn't mean he'll just up & go when Ken does. He was also a fan of Robbie Gray hence the #9 and Gray stayed loyal to Port.

Butters isn't going to leave, mark my words.
Yep it doesn’t mean he will go but honestly with the peanuts we have running the club I wouldn’t blame him if he did leave.

Yep it doesn’t mean he will go but honestly with the peanuts we have running the club I wouldn’t blame him if he did leave.

Butters and a few others, are competitors. They want to win. They drive themselves to win.. and not just games but their goal IS the premiership cup. Unfortunately, around him, are quite a lot IMO that don't have that and the whole team should want that. That's why I'm starting to realise Rozee was a bad pick as captain. Seems like stability and a good job for him, his partner & newborn. Hornet has that drive but he won't go because port Is his home.

Bergman seems to have it and commitment to keep training etc hence why Logan Evans gets on well with him which is good.

There is definitely quite a few players who haven't got the drive & ambition in them so THEY are the weak links & potentially are or will be the reason(s) why players like Butters leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back