I'm gutted. Congratulations Sydney. 4 points seems like so little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gunnar, told you Hansen was the key. He just didn't quite do enough. Not quite ready for a CHF premiership medallion. On his game against Adelaide thought he might have come up.

teams said:
Gunnar, told you Hansen was the key. He just didn't quite do enough. Not quite ready for a CHF premiership medallion. On his game against Adelaide thought he might have come up.
He was OK. He's 22 and has just played his first full season.

He will improve.

Milkman said:
Congrats Sydney, deserved winners.

It's shattering to lose such a close GF. I reckon it would've been much easier to lose by 10 or 15 points.

You can't be serious. I watched my beloved cats lose by 6, 35, 86 and 65 pts over a 6 year period. Going by your theory I should have been almost happy with the 3rd one. The 65 points was on my Brothers wedding day so that was ok as we still had something to smile about. But you can't tell me the margin is any easier, we lost and it burns. The last one was 10 years ago and it still hurts. The only thing that will make the pain stop is a flag and I'm sure the Collingwood supporters on here will be able to back me up on that.

C'mon people. Gunnar is taking his medicine like a man.

Congrats to the Swans and the city of Sydney. The circuit is now complete. The flag has now been one by EVERY AFL state. (Of those who have a full-fledged club.)

Mountain West said:
C'mon people. Gunnar is taking his medicine like a man.

Congrats to the Swans and the city of Sydney. The circuit is now complete. The flag has now been one by EVERY AFL state. (Of those who have a full-fledged club.)
He's given it and taken it, that's all you can ask. You have to respect that irrespective.

trebuchet said:
ha ha ,you're bragging about losing the grand final
you loser
I'm bragging (if that's the word for defending my team) about out-performing the rabble you support.

WC finished 2nd.

Collingwood finished 13th (or something).

Walk me through the reasons you're in a position to gloat about anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Sydney were too good. They were too tough when it mattered and were far more effective when they went forward.

They deserved to win.

In any game decided by 4 points, the what-ifs mount up. There were at least 4 massive opportunities for WC to score an extra goal in that last term. Of course, Sydney supporters could say exactly the say about their mob.

The 2nd quarter was where it all unravelled for WC. We just made too many mistakes and Sydney, to their credit, punished us on the scoreboard.

In the end, I reckon Malcolm Blight's comment was spot on. He said that, at the top end WC might have had more outstanding players, but that the result was determined by the edge Sydney gained from their lesser lights. WC's bottom-tier went missing when it counted.

WC just had too many passengers, and we failed to make the most of our opportunities. I don't want to name names. I think people know who I'm talking about.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people keen to rub my nose in it. That's fair enough. I'll take it on the chin.

WC were 4 points away from a flag. If people think they deserve to be ridiculed for that, then so be it.

Well done, Sydney. They deserved to win. Hopefully this means we will get some decent AFL coverage in Sydney next year.

As for WC, I have the utmost confidence that we will be better in 2006 as a result of this loss.

I'm incredibly disappointed, but I think WC supporters should be optimistic about our prospects over the next 5 years.

Again, well done to the Swans. They were too good when it mattered, even when WC looked to have the momentum.

Well Done Gunnar, I agree Swans played better as a whole on the day and we wasted opportunities and made a few basic errors. Most WCE players should be proud but Swans players can be happy and proud, and good on them to.

RIPPER_46 said:
Everyone starts of 0-0 in 2006
I agree with that completely.

But anyone who wants to bag WC after today's loss is side-stepping that reality.

I'll take medicine. That's fine. I won't be scuttling off. 15 teams missed out on the flag. So why is anyone in the position to gloat over WC's defeat today?

Who really thinks that the side who loses a GF by 4 points is more deserving of ridicule than a side that misses the finals altogether?

Gunnar Longshanks said:
I'm bragging (if that's the word for defending my team) about out-performing the rabble you support.

WC finished 2nd.

Collingwood finished 13th (or something).

Walk me through the reasons you're in a position to gloat about anything.

yap all you want but that doesn't make you feel any better

you were beaten by the swans

all of you big 10-zip run,and all your best midfield,and all your best youngster gave you no more than we got

suck it in you loser

Your team was a forward who could take a mark short of victory. Better midfield by a mile. Beaten by an honest hardworking team, lucky enough to avoid injuries to their best 22.

trebuchet said:
ha ha ,you're bragging about losing the grand final
you loser
What do you have to brag about?

"Winning" priority picks?

WC just lost a GF by 4 points. Do you really think we're pathetic because of that?

Your club is a joke. How does that feel?

trebuchet said:
yap all you want but that doesn't make you feel any better

you were beaten by the swans

all of you big 10-zip run,and all your best midfield,and all your best youngster gave you no more than we got

suck it in you loser
What are you talking about?

We lost. I accept it.

If you think I'm going to be a broken man as a result then you're in Fantasy Land.

My team still out-performed yours, and in the context of our one-on-one discussion, I don't see how you're in a position to claim bragging rights about anything.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
What do you have to brag about?

"Winning" priority picks?

WC just lost a GF by 4 points. Do you really think we're pathetic because of that?

Your club is a joke. How does that feel?

tonight winning second place hurts a lot more than winning priority picks

dress it up all you want but you just lost the GF to the most underrated side in history

never get that one back loser

trebuchet said:

dress it up all you want but you just lost the GF to the most underrated side in history

Why don't you just type:

"You lost.. nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah"?

I've admitted that we've lost. I think that goes without saying.

I'm disappointed but I'm certainly not crippled to the point where I can't blow you out of the water.

I just don't see why you're in a position to gloat when your team wasn't even competitive.

Collingwood are a rabble and WC narrowly missed out on a flag. Full credit to the Swans, but Collingwood are still a joke.

Why do you think you're in a position to gloat about anything?

The team you support are a disgrace.

trebuchet said:

The day of the GF they were the bookies favourites. Most people were tipping them and add to that injuries and questionable MCG form for us and...?

If we had lost to Adelaide in the GF you might of had a point.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Why don't you just type:

"You lost.. nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah"?

I've admitted that we've lost. I think that goes without saying.

I'm disappointed but I'm certainly not crippled to the point where I can't blow you out of the water.

I just don't see why you're in a position to gloat when your team wasn't even competitive.

Collingwood are a rabble and WC narrowly missed out on a flag. Full credit to the Swans, but Collingwood are still a joke.

Why do you think you're in a position to gloat about anything?

The team you support are a disgrace.

collingwood are on holidays and for all your bravado so are they
the weagles lost the flag to the the most unfashionable side in recent memory.i thought west coast had the best of everything but still managed to lose.
4 points may as well be 400 , except it burns more doesn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm gutted. Congratulations Sydney. 4 points seems like so little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back