Roast I'm so upset with the whole club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps if they did something, they would be excused. It took them 3 months to get the player list updated on the CFC website.
And there are still many areas on our site that is out of date. for one example, have a look at the Bio for Robert Harvey. The last paragraph. we are in season 2016 now!!.
And go through the past players lists. I was looking through them a few days ago, and they still have players listed as "currently playing", when they have retired...
They are 2 years behind. That's whats wrong with them. Our website is a joke. Blame the IT department!!!
Content is not their issue, but surely they could have crashed the system so that we didn't get our hopes up with a plethora of feel good pieces throughout the summer..

This board is embarrassing after a loss. It's one ******* game and everyone is acting like its the end of the world....

Some people need to get away from their computers I think
To be fair we were flogged by 13 goals in a game many tipped us to win. After a long summer full of hope and promise fans are entitled to be a little peeved. It was terrible.

That loss was just unacceptable. I can't stomach losing by that much to a side that's been our bunnies for years and it's round 1 where is the hope for the rest of 2016?? I'm a broken man.
I think you should take a break from BF, it is clearly getting too much.

a lot on here have not been following Collingwood for very long or have short memories,
a few years ago we had a terrible loss 1st up and made the finals. its a long season any thing can happen

a lot on here have not been following Collingwood for very long or have short memories,
a few years ago we had a terrible loss 1st up and made the finals. its a long season any thing can happen
Agree about short memories, only 2 years ago we had a terrible loss first up and didn't make the finals.

Agree about short memories, only 2 years ago we had a terrible loss first up and didn't make the finals.
yes you are right, but we can either improve or stay the same which camp do you believe in

yes you are right, but we can either improve or stay the same which camp do you believe in
Unfortunately I tend to base my beliefs on facts and reality tossed up in front of me, can understand a different school of thought as long as the people propagating it accept they have not much leg to stand on...

Come now, if they can't find the worst in everything, why would they bother?
Some people love the misery road, fair enough that's up to each person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I tend to base my beliefs on facts and reality tossed up in front of me, can understand a different school of thought as long as the people propagating it accept they have not much leg to stand on...
nice political reply, but where do you think we will go

In all seriousness we aren't nowhere near as hopeless as last night's display and have a reasonable future ahead of us but this doesn't change the fact that the last 4/5 years are going to be remembered as a very dark chapter in our history.

I have just about totally lost faith in the club. Not because of last night, although that's part of it, but the statements I'm reading from Eddie and Bucks.

Oh the players are so hard done by! "It's like taking a breathaliser to a work xmas party and calling everyone an alcoholic" says Eddie.

No it's not Eddie, it's not at all. Illicit drugs are ILLEGAL. There is ZERO tolerance for taking them in the law and there is ZERO tolerance in any other industry (apart from lawyers probably).

Bucks reckons the blokes were let down and 'betrayed' which affected their performance. Boo ****ing hoo, cry me a river mate. If you weren't taking drugs you wouldn't have an issue.

No bloody wonder it's rife within the club when the president and head coach no less are making excuses for them and condoning it. These are professional athletes!

The only ones I feel sorry for are the ones who didn't do it but now live under suspicion. Eddie, Bucks, the drug taking players, you can all GAGF. Time for a cleanout starting at the top.

In all seriousness we aren't nowhere near as hopeless as last night's display and have a reasonable future ahead of us but this doesn't change the fact that the last 4/5 years are going to be remembered as a very dark chapter in our history.

Hope you are wrong......ask me round six and I will give you an honest answer about the dark chapter part.

I have just about totally lost faith in the club. Not because of last night, although that's part of it, but the statements I'm reading from Eddie and Bucks.

Oh the players are so hard done by! "It's like taking a breathaliser to a work xmas party and calling everyone an alcoholic" says Eddie.

No it's not Eddie, it's not at all. Illicit drugs are ILLEGAL. There is ZERO tolerance for taking them in the law and there is ZERO tolerance in any other industry (apart from lawyers probably).

Bucks reckons the blokes were let down and 'betrayed' which affected their performance. Boo ******* hoo, cry me a river mate. If you weren't taking drugs you wouldn't have an issue.

No bloody wonder it's rife within the club when the president and head coach no less are making excuses for them and condoning it. These are professional athletes!

The only ones I feel sorry for are the ones who didn't do it but now live under suspicion. Eddie, Bucks, the drug taking players, you can all GAGF. Time for a cleanout starting at the top.
To be a bit fair to Nathan, he was asked a few times about the drugs thing and he answered as best he could.

To me it's more Eddie, he tends to go a bridge to far.
Does it most of the time.
Over reaches over steps.
He has done many good things but does go off with steps too far.
Mainly he does because he tends to be a bit thin skinned so he then attacks a bit too much.
But that's him.
Won't change.
Take the good with the not so good.

To be a bit fair to Nathan, he was asked a few times about the drugs thing and he answered as best he could.

Over reaches over steps.
Mainly he does because he tends to be a bit thin skinned so he then attacks a bit too much.
But that's him.
Won't change.

Comparing snorting coke or taking pills to having a drink at a work do is ludicrous.

Ed would be on it or he would have been in his day at nightclubs. It's staggering they think it is that normal now...

Over reaches over steps.
But that's him.
Won't change.

As president and figurehead his job is to say that it is not on. Maybe those who live in glass houses can't throw stones?

Bucks reckons the blokes were let down and 'betrayed' which affected their performance. Boo ******* hoo, cry me a river mate. If you weren't taking drugs you wouldn't have an issue.

The AFLPA has arranged that off season immunity. Nothing the club can do without the AFLPA. Otherwise it is a CU in court and I can guarantee you who will lose.
Prez and coach stood up for their players.
Whether they, you or me like it or not, the players were within their current rights to do whatever they want and the test was done on basis of anonymity.
You want to win next week or anything the weeks after, declaring our own war of drugs on them now isn't going to help a single bit.
Club has been outspoken about the topic in the past so it not that we are sweeping it under the carpet.
This statement is towards the players foremost. Hopefully that will calm the delicate souls.

As president and figurehead his job is to say that it is not on. Maybe those who live in glass houses can't throw stones?
Yes there is a lot of oddity in much of this.
However in this case, Nathan was answering questions put to him and he did ok I thought under the circumstances.
Ed to me tends to go off the range... But to be fair I've thought that for a long time,
That's my main point.

It would be amazing who went where and did what in their earlier years.

We could take a bus trip one time......

The only good thing that happened last night:
ezgif-390227875.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast I'm so upset with the whole club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back