Roast I'm so upset with the whole club.

Remove this Banner Ad

No, sorry that's bullshit. You were trying to lump PEDs and recreational drug-taking together. You are now trying to back-track.

You also tried to dramatise things by mentioning that you've been to a few funerals. Now you're backtracking on this too.

And yes, my reaction in calling you and others like you on your bullshit does say a lot about me. I'm not going to tell you about the funerals I've been to- I just want to participate in a conversation about recreational drugs.

I want the bullshit stigma removed.

I'm sick of Mick Warner "James Hird is 0/400 end of Day 2" type reporting. My god, in another thread, a poster who I respect a lot is trying to say that people used to drive around drunk 30 years ago is a reason that taking PEDs is the same as taking recreational drugs.
Mate whatever drinks/drugs you're taking now, they are not working, you are seeing things and getting yourself all worked up. Have a nice warm bath, a good rage wanking session , some sleep and you feel a lot better for it.
Happy to talk again tomorrow when you have calmed down.

No, I'm saying that there's a VERY BIG difference between taking recreational drugs and PEDs. & also I'm saying that anyone who thinks otherwise is a 'Herald-Sun' reading narrow-minded twat.

****Hence, there's a difference between injecting steroids into your veins to gain an advantage and putting some Nadal spray into your nose to help you get over a cold.***

(BTW never said JT and LK should have been let off, just that they were unlucky. Why? Because them's the rules, as shit as they are.)
I feel worse for the Essendon players than I do Keeffe and Thomas. I sincerely believe that the Essendon players believed that what they were taking was compliant with the WADA code. If you're a football player, and your club gives you documentation stating that what you're going to be injected with is WADA compliant, you're not likely going to question the club over it. They weren't trying to be unsportsmanlike in getting an edge, only to be thorough in their preparation to play at their best (the Essendon hierarchy is a different matter, mind you).

Keeffe and Thomas took some random shit made by God-knows-who and it contained something banned. They weren't deceived. They were morons knowingly breaking the law and engaging in unnecessary risk-taking behaviour with their careers.

Mate whatever drinks/drugs you're taking now, they are not working, you are seeing things and getting yourself all worked up. Have a nice warm bath, a good rage wanking session , some sleep and you feel a lot better for it.
Happy to talk again tomorrow when you have calmed down.
I'm fine buddy, maybe play the ball not the man.

I'm calling you on your bullshit because it's just that. If you think having a line of Coke is the same as deliberately taking PEDs than I don't pity you.

Then again, tomorrow might not come, trust me, I've been to heaps of funerals...

I feel worse for the Essendon players than I do Keeffe and Thomas. I sincerely believe that the Essendon players believed that what they were taking was compliant with the WADA code. If you're a football player, and your club gives you documentation stating that what you're going to be injected with is WADA compliant, you're not likely going to question the club over it. They weren't trying to be unsportsmanlike in getting an edge, only to be thorough in their preparation to play at their best (the Essendon hierarchy is a different matter, mind you).

Keeffe and Thomas took some random shit made by God-knows-who and it contained something banned. They weren't deceived. They were morons knowingly breaking the law and engaging in unnecessary risk-taking behaviour with their careers.
And I whole-heartedly & respectfully disagree with you.

The Essendon players weren't being INJECTED with drugs for shits and giggles. They were told it's performance enhancing.

There's a huge difference IMO between what they did and what Thomas and Keefe (& about 8 other Collingwood players on the day according to rumours) did, in that they were 'letting off steam' and doing what around 30% of males their age do.

One concerns an unfair advantage in competition and the other clearly doesn't.

(& really, the God knows who argument? I had some funny looking Chinese last night and I had no idea what was in it. I also drove a car at night and that's considered by some high-risk activity.)

And I whole-heartedly & respectfully disagree with you.

The Essendon players weren't being INJECTED with drugs for shits and giggles. They were told it's performance enhancing.

There's a huge difference IMO between what they did and what Thomas and Keefe (& about 8 other Collingwood players on the day according to rumours) did, in that they were 'letting off steam' and doing what around 30% of males their age do.

One concerns an unfair advantage in competition and the other clearly doesn't.

(& really, the God knows who argument? I had some funny looking Chinese last night and I had no idea what was in it. I also drove a car at night and that's considered by some high-risk activity.)
Was Ben Reid injected with calves' blood? Was that meant to be performance-enhancing? It was certainly meant to improve his performance, and I've no doubt the Bombers players thought the same thing. The use of a syringe doesn't mean that what it contains is a banned substance.

The health department monitors the preparation and sale of your Chinese food, your car is insured and the TAC covers you for injuries sustained in a traffic accident on Victorian roads... who oversees the quality of your cocaine?

I'm fine buddy, maybe play the ball not the man.

I'm calling you on your bullshit because it's just that. If you think having a line of Coke is the same as deliberately taking PEDs than I don't pity you.

Then again, tomorrow might not come, trust me, I've been to heaps of funerals...

You have been playing the man almost from the beginning. I asked to leave that but nope you kept on going. But why not.
BTW I did answer your question. I can only conclude you don't read my answers and you see red before the eyes , lashing out at anything with a reply option.
Seriously, you should relax and until tomorrow :)

Was Ben Reid injected with calves' blood? Was that meant to be performance-enhancing? It was certainly meant to improve his performance, and I've no doubt the Bombers players thought the same thing. The use of a syringe doesn't mean that what it contains is a banned substance.

The health department monitors the preparation and sale of your Chinese food, your car is insured and the TAC covers you for injuries sustained in a traffic accident on Victorian roads... who oversees the quality of your cocaine?
Well, I'm glad you agree that drugs should be decriminalised & that the industry should be regulated. Would generate a lot of tax too.

At any rate, there's one major problem with your argument- the activities that you have listed cause more harm than recreational drug-taking, regulated or not.

Your whole "they shouldn't partake in risky activity" argument therefore becomes redundant.
If I (or a Collingwood player for that matter) jumps in a car, sure it's insured but, at the end of the day, the odds of me dying in a crash are higher than me dying of a drug overdose.

You have been playing the man almost from the beginning. I asked to leave that but nope you kept on going. But why not.
BTW I did answer your question. I can only conclude you don't read my answers and you see red before the eyes , lashing out at anything with a reply option.
Seriously, you should relax and until tomorrow :)
Why exactly do I need to relax about?
Because I disagree with your opinion?

I've made my point pretty clear and have categorically stated that I think your stance on the matter is horseshit.

You can do the whole 'relax buddy' thing if you like, but I'd prefer you to actually engage in debate. Attack arguments. Construct a valid position. If not, perhaps don't post at all. Take a bath & grab some sleep.

At any rate, there's one major problem with your argument- the activities that you have listed cause more harm than recreational drug-taking, regulated or not.

Your whole "they shouldn't partake in risky activity" argument therefore becomes redundant.
If I (or a Collingwood player for that matter) jumps in a car, sure it's insured but, at the end of the day, the odds of me dying in a crash are higher than me dying of a drug overdose.
Pardon, did you just say that eating Chinese food causes more harm than recreational drug-taking?

And I don't have the figures for harm per-participant by recreational drug-takers and motorists, but it's an odd comparison for two reasons;
a) a significant proportion of traffic accidents involve drivers on recreational drugs, and
b) using a motor vehicle provides a tangible benefit to the driver, and potentially their friends/family.

Pardon, did you just say that eating Chinese food causes more harm than recreational drug-taking?

And I don't have the figures for harm per-participant by recreational drug-takers and motorists, but it's an odd comparison for two reasons;
a) a significant proportion of traffic accidents involve drivers on recreational drugs, and
b) using a motor vehicle provides a tangible benefit to the driver, and potentially their friends/family.
Depends where you eat the Chinese.

(& of course I was referring to driving & other things like drinking alcohol, don't be persnickety)

Depends where you eat the Chinese.

(& of course I was referring to driving & other things like drinking alcohol, don't be persnickety)
Well I never mentioned alcohol, so the "listed activities" you mentioned could only be chosen from a list of driving motor vehichles or eating Chinese.

Well I never mentioned alcohol, so the "listed activities" you mentioned could only be chosen from a list of driving motor vehichles or eating Chinese.
Really?

You didn't realise that I was making the implication that 'regulated' activities can be more dangerous than the 'unregulated' activity of recreational drug-taking?

Way to miss the point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got your point, but it was poorly made. There was a recent blitz on drug-using motorists in Melbourne and 1-in-8 drivers stopped tested positive for recreational drugs. You get those dickheads off the road and it gets a lot safer for the responsible drivers.

Why exactly do I need to relax about?
Because I disagree with your opinion?

I've made my point pretty clear and have categorically stated that I think your stance on the matter is horseshit.

You can do the whole 'relax buddy' thing if you like, but I'd prefer you to actually engage in debate. Attack arguments. Construct a valid position. If not, perhaps don't post at all. Take a bath & grab some sleep.
The only disagreements so far are the interpretation of a one liner I made & which I clarified , you playing the man and you jumping to BS conclusions.
For instance I can't see where I stated that doing drugs and doping are equally morally wrong. In fact I have made my point quite clear in answer to your question that I am liberal in that regard. And you have added nothing to that but yet again a personal attack. A strange way of getting an open debate if you ask me.

And I have gone through a debate like that already on the main board, so bring it on.
In relation to players, they shouldn't engage in illicit drugs. Even in the off season.
They can't afford to take chances with unknown substances, they are paid huge amounts to look after their bodies and their image. Of course they are allowed to do as they seem fit to but shouldn't be surprised if that has repercussions when it goes bad.
And I don't need a bath. I got a cat on my lap which is a proven anti stress remedy.

No, injecting calves blood is thought to improve healing properties of soft tissue injuries. PEDS also do this but steroids are illegal, calves blood is not. I can see where you're coming from but it's not a good comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast I'm so upset with the whole club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back