Roast I'm so upset with the whole club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did they tell you this?
There tested positive for them. Whether they took them with drugs, dodgy steak, nasal spray or on their own is absolutely irrelevant.

Yeah, it kinda is.

Intent to cheat is different than intending to get drunk/wasted/high/<insertyourowntermhere>
To rule out any discussion regarding intent, rules are simple. Players are responsible for what goes into their body and if they can't provide an explanation for what is found, they are guilty. Sad for the innocent ones but they have been warned.
And our druggies have come up with an story that unfortunately can't be verified. So in that aspect what matters is what they were found with: PED's.

To rule out any discussion regarding intent, rules are simple. Players are responsible for what goes into their body and if they can't provide an explanation for what is found, they are guilty. Sad for the innocent ones but they have been warned.
And our druggies have come up with an story that unfortunately can't be verified. So in that aspect what matters is what they were found with: PED's.
You're talking shit. & lots of it.

You said there's no difference between taking nasal spray and deliberately taking Performance Enhancing Drugs.

There's a huge difference- on the one hand, there's deliberate intention to cheat, on the other, there's not.

Don't be a twat.

You're talking shit. & lots of it.

You said there's no difference between taking nasal spray and deliberately taking Performance Enhancing Drugs.

There's a huge difference- on the one hand, there's deliberate intention to cheat, on the other, there's not.

Don't be a twat.

In the context of being found with PED's there is no difference. Unfair but players are guilty and have to make a case of no significant fault / negligence to prove they are not.
Chances with a nasal spray might be higher to claim innocence but if they can't, they are gone. And keep the insults to a low pls.

In the context of being found with PED's there is no difference. Unfair but players are guilty and have to make a case of no significant fault / negligence to prove they are not.
Chances with a nasal spray might be higher to claim innocence but if they can't, they are gone. And keep the insults to a low pls.
Keep talking shit to a low pls.

Now you're saying it's 'unfair' and mentioning 'in the context'.

You're backing down because you've been caught out.

Sorry buddy, but drama queens like you are the reason for crap, sensationalist headlines.

Any reasonable person should be able to see the difference between deliberately taking PEDS and inadvertedly taking drugs, especially a friggen nasal spray.

I'd like to honestly say I pity the person that cannot see the difference but...

Unfortunately for you Jw, you don't understand the rules regarding performance enhancing drugs.
It's not about how the drug was delivered, it's simply that they are in your system.
The powers that be don't care if you deliberately took them or you took a drug laced with them.
And as the Essendon players have found, even if you have not tested positive, enough circumstantial evidence can see you banned.
These are, rightly, the rules athletes have to live with.
Our two positive tested athletes are worse that the Essendon non positive tested athletes in my opinion.
I listened to Prismall in ABC radio yesterday and he firmly believes he did everything in his power to make sure he did not receive performance enhancing drugs. I screamed at the radio for the question "did you write down the injection regime on your drug questionnaire", but it was never asked.
So Prismall may or may not have had performance enhancing drugs, but the rules say he didn't inform the testers, and there is enough evidence to say people connected with the injection program could lay hands on performance enhancing drugs, Prismall is guilty.
For any athlete to try and wriggle out of a conviction by saying they didn't know that their illicit drug, no matter how delivered, was laced with performance enhancers, is laughable in this day and age.
Athletes, AFL in particular, are educated from day one in the system, and are refresher coursed regularly. There is no excuse.
In your view I am to be pitied. I accept your pity, knowing it's only you.

Unfortunately for you Jw, you don't understand the rules regarding performance enhancing drugs.
It's not about how the drug was delivered, it's simply that they are in your system.
The powers that be don't care if you deliberately took them or you took a drug laced with them.
And as the Essendon players have found, even if you have not tested positive, enough circumstantial evidence can see you banned.
Our two positive tested athletes are worse that the Essendon non positive tested athletes in my opinion.
I listened to Prismall in ABC radio yesterday and he firmly believes he did everything in his power to make sure he did not receive performance enhancing drugs. I screamed at the radio for the question "did you write down the injection regime on your drug questionnaire", but it was never asked.
So Prismall may or may not have had performance enhancing drugs, but the rules say he didn't inform the testers, and there is enough evidence to say people connected with the injection program could lay hands on performance enhancing drugs, Prismall is guilty.
For any athlete to try and wriggle out of a conviction by saying they didn't know that their illicit drug, no matter how delivered, was laced with performance enhancers, is laughable in this day and age.
Athletes, AFL in particular, are educated from day one in the system, and are refresher coursed regularly. There is no excuse.
???
I know the rules. WTF?

They (the two pies players) were caught with PEDs on their system. They were unlucky. That's all I've said. Maybe you need to read over my posts.

But I'll pull you up on some shit you're trying to spin, by trying to disguise your post and pretending you're not lumping PEDs in with recreational drugs.

There is a difference between taking recreational drugs (be it illegal) and taking Performance Enhancing Drugs.

Yes, as an athlete, you need to be careful. Yes, as a sports star, you would be better off not gambling, drinking, driving 5ks over the speed limit, taking recreational drugs or having sex with animals.

But, people need to stop the tabloid shit and realise there is a difference between a sportsperson trying to cheat and a sportsperson trying to do what 90% of the friggen population do and get 'high' in one way or another.

Keep talking shit to a low pls.

Now you're saying it's 'unfair' and mentioning 'in the context'.

You're backing down because you've been caught out.

Sorry buddy, but drama queens like you are the reason for crap, sensationalist headlines.

Any reasonable person should be able to see the difference between deliberately taking PEDS and inadvertedly taking drugs, especially a friggen nasal spray.

I'd like to honestly say I pity the person that cannot see the difference but...
You read something and start jumping to conclusions. Read the conversation on the previous pages. It started with the notion that Keeffe and Thomas were banned for illicit drugs. No they were not. They were caught with PED's in their system and I answered that how they got them, doesn't matter. And I will stand by that. Players are guilty first and innocent later.
I am happy to believe them but I am not the one handing out doping bans around here. The ones that do can be reasonable, providing players have a case of "inadvertedly taking drugs" . Nasal spray could be one of them but not guaranteed. Are you saying that if you are caught with PED's and you say it is a nasal spray, everyone should take that for the truth? Of course not.

Athletes, AFL in particular, are educated from day one in the system, and are refresher coursed regularly.
I just reread your post a a bigger pile of horse shit I couldn't find!

On the one hand, you feel for the Essendon players that lined up for injections but are 'educated from day one in the system' that they should know what is going in to them. How many injections did they have?

But then, in the same post, you condemn two young guys who were trying to get high in their own time, nothing to do with trying to improve performance, just trying to let off steam.

You honestly cannot see the difference?

You read something and start jumping to conclusions. Read the conversation on the previous pages. It started with the notion that Keeffe and Thomas were banned for illicit drugs. No they were not. They were caught with PED's in their system and I answered that how they got them, doesn't matter. And I will stand by that. Players are guilty first and innocent later.
I am happy to believe them but I am not the one handing out doping bans around here. The ones that do can be reasonable, providing players have a case of "inadvertedly taking drugs" . Nasal spray could be one of them but not guaranteed. Are you saying that if you are caught with PED's and you say it is a nasal spray, everyone should take that for the truth? Of course not.
No, I'm saying that there's a VERY BIG difference between taking recreational drugs and PEDs. & also I'm saying that anyone who thinks otherwise is a 'Herald-Sun' reading narrow-minded twat.

****Hence, there's a difference between injecting steroids into your veins to gain an advantage and putting some Nadal spray into your nose to help you get over a cold.***

(BTW never said JT and LK should have been let off, just that they were unlucky. Why? Because them's the rules, as shit as they are.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I'm saying that there's a VERY BIG difference between taking recreational drugs and PEDs. & also I'm saying that anyone who thinks otherwise is a 'Herald-Sun' reading narrow-minded twat.

****Hence, there's a difference between injecting steroids into your veins to gain an advantage and putting some Nadal spray into your nose to help you get over a cold.***

(BTW never said JT and LK should have been let off, just that they were unlucky. Why? Because them's the rules, as shit as they are.)
Ah so we are suddenly on the same page... Players get caught with PED's and if they can't explain it, they are 'unlucky'. Good. We agree on that then. End of that story for me.
But I am not finished with you yet. You are saying that I am one of those narrow-minded twats; Wrong person to say that to. The only narrow minded moron ( and I do apologize to all morons out there ) is you , that jumps to conclusions when I point out how parts of the anti doping control work.
Oh for what it is worth, drugs also help with weight loss. Some interesting topics on the main board if you can bother to read them.

Ah so we are suddenly on the same page... Players get caught with PED's and if they can't explain it, they are 'unlucky'. Good. We agree on that then. End of that story for me.
But I am not finished with you yet. You are saying that I am one of those narrow-minded twats; Wrong person to say that to. The only narrow minded moron ( and I do apologize to all morons out there ) is you , that jumps to conclusions when I point out how parts of the anti doping control work.
Oh for what it is worth, drugs also help with weight loss. Some interesting topics on the main board if you can bother to read them.
??? When have I said players that get caught with PEDs should get off?
I pulled you up on saying that there's no difference between taking PEDs deliberately and taking recreational drugs!!!

Answer this question- do you think there is a difference between taking a PED, let's say injecting a steroid and taking a line of cocaine, after say 5 beers to 'celebrate' a win?

And yes, I'm aware of the doping rules. I want YOUR opinion.

??? When have I said players that get caught with PEDs should get off?
I pulled you up on saying that there's no difference between taking PEDs deliberately and taking recreational drugs!!!

Answer this question- do you think there is a difference between taking a PED, let's say injecting a steroid and taking a line of cocaine, after say 5 beers to 'celebrate' a win?

And yes, I'm aware of the doping rules. I want YOUR opinion.

I said this: "They tested positive for them. Whether they took them with drugs, dodgy steak, nasal spray or on their own is absolutely irrelevant".
All clearly in reference to the PED's. I could have a dodgy steak after 5 beers too and still be found guilty.
Anyway, in answer to your question. One is a cheater and the other , especially if it is an athlete, is an idiot that should know better. People are free to do what they want as long as they can keep the issue to themselves. Their body , their problem, their funeral. And I have been to a few of the latter.

I said this: "They tested positive for them. Whether they took them with drugs, dodgy steak, nasal spray or on their own is absolutely irrelevant".
All clearly in reference to the PED's. I could have a dodgy steak after 5 beers too and still be found guilty.
Anyway, in answer to your question. One is a cheater and the other , especially if it is an athlete, is an idiot that should know better. People are free to do what they want as long as they can keep the issue to themselves. Their body , their problem, their funeral. And I have been to a few of the latter.
And I said HOW they entered their system is RELEVANT. Even WADA consider intent.

(P.S. The fact that you have ended your post with mention of attending funerals proves that you're a drama queen. May as well write for the HS)

And I said HOW they entered their system is RELEVANT. Even WADA consider intent.

(P.S. The fact that you have ended your post with mention of attending funerals proves that you're a drama queen. May as well write for the HS)
Yep and I mentioned a few times already that it can be brought into consideration. Not sure what you are going on about.
Regarding the funeral reference: I added a reason why I am judgemental about people taking drugs, in case you wondered why. Your reaction says more about you then about me.

Yep and I mentioned a few times already that it can be brought into consideration. Not sure what you are going on about.
Regarding the funeral reference: I added a reason why I am judgemental about people taking drugs, in case you wondered why. Your reaction says more about you then about me.
No, sorry that's bullshit. You were trying to lump PEDs and recreational drug-taking together. You are now trying to back-track.

You also tried to dramatise things by mentioning that you've been to a few funerals. Now you're backtracking on this too.

And yes, my reaction in calling you and others like you on your bullshit does say a lot about me. I'm not going to tell you about the funerals I've been to- I just want to participate in a conversation about recreational drugs.

I want the bullshit stigma removed.

I'm sick of Mick Warner "James Hird is 0/400 end of Day 2" type reporting. My god, in another thread, a poster who I respect a lot is trying to say that people used to drive around drunk 30 years ago is a reason that taking PEDs is the same as taking recreational drugs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast I'm so upset with the whole club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back