Importance of starting well against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

While it may seem obvious, I think this week the first half is more important than in any other match we have played this season. Geelong has shown on numerous occasions that they don't run the games out well, but they are more than capable protecting a good lead, as we saw on two occasions this season against us. But you feel, if we start well, it may open the game right up and Geelong will be very vulnerable. We simply can't miss this opportunity to put our best foot forward early. The nerves of the first final are well and truly gone now. But if we give them a start again, we won't be coming back from that one.

My prediction is two fold. If Geelong gets away from us at the start, they will win by 15 points, or we may be able to snatch it late but unlikely. If we do start well however, it will be a 40-50 point win to us.

We have to throw every punch we have.

All or nothing.

Play like there is no tomorrow.

All week I have been watering down my expectations saying how we've done well, how the stats are against us.. Well you know what...

F*** that.

Lets win this thing.

All or nothing.

All week I have been watering down my expectations saying how we've done well, how the stats are against us.. Well you know what...

F*** that.

Lets win this thing.
I am the same. Had very little expectations after last week, hoping to just enjoy the game this time, regardless what happens. But I should have known better. As the game day nears, I am not longer ready to accept anything other than a win!

All or nothing.

F*** that.

Lets win this thing.

Jack, Kayne, you're on.

Last time we beat the Cats

North Melbourne defeats Geelong
Round 19, Etihad Stadium, Attendance: 33584
Friday, 2nd August 2013, 7:50 PM AEST

2014-09-11_17-00-24.jpg 2014-09-11_17-02-01.jpg 2014-09-11_17-05-59.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-09-11_17-02-01.jpg
    2014-09-11_17-02-01.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 5

All or nothing.

F*** that.

Lets win this thing.
Well said, as some-one who knows very little about the stats or Geelong, all I do know is that we're going to win. It has been written...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said, as some-one who knows very little about the stats or Geelong, all I do know is that we're going to win. It has been written...
With the outs, If we f*** this up.. Omfg.
However, Scott did say Hansen wouldn't be right for this week they are hopeful for the rest of the season..

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the right place, but I ****ing hate Mackie,Caddy and Guthrie. I don't know why, but I do. Expose the two defenders and run them until they are coughing their lungs out by the final quarter, and I don't care what you do to caddy, a ziebell hip and shoulder would be amazing.

Quick ball movement, executing basic skills (extra focus on you gibbo, you had a good week last week, let's keep it up) and being able to stop their run while having control of our offensive defense will be key. Pretty much play like the second half of last week..

i'm not big on stats, but in the last 10 years 1 through 4 have qualified for the prelim 90% of the time guys..

Can some one into stats check that?

history is certainly against us, but jeeze i'm pumped.....

i'm not big on stats, but in the last 10 years 1 through 4 have qualified for the prelim 90% of the time guys..

Can some one into stats check that?

history is certainly against us, but jeeze i'm pumped.....

Yes and before this season we couldn't win in the rain interstate without a roof.

Marty McFly said it best "yeah well history is gonna change"

Hope we concentrate on starting the game well and worry bout the second when we get to it.

Just cant let these frontrunners out to a big lead or we will be gone.

They wont give it to us as they have alot of guys that win games when the pressure is on

Remove this Banner Ad

Importance of starting well against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back