IN: Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

IN other news, we will be keeping a close eye on CHRIS MASTEN recruited purely through nepotism ahead of CALE MORTON. Morton is currently recovering from injury but is certain to have more impact than the Godson who recently racked up 20 kicks in FOUR matches

Just thought I'd keep you all up to speed :thumbsu:

Congrats, Melgorne Wasteland Club have successfull picked the 2 biggest rare arses in AFL history. :thumbsu:

[YOUTUBE]ViwtwII83oE[/YOUTUBE]

20 possies, 7 marks, 4 goals, 2 behinds, 5 tackles, 3 goal assists in the VFL last week.

Not that funny really.

IIRC Bailey repeatedly said that Watts would have to string a few good games together at VFL level to get a game in the seniors.

How did Wattsy go the last couple of weeks prior?

Its really a win / no lose situation for Melbourne flogs.

Watts dominates: "ROFL Watts is a superstar, will win the brownlow this year, Naitanui is a hack, etc etc"

Watts plays ok: "LMFAO Watts is just warming up like Riewoldt, Brown and Buddy, will win the brownlow next year, etc etc"

Watts plays average: "What do you expect from his first game of the season, he will dominate soon, etc, etc"

Watts plays shit: "Hes still a young skinny kid, will win the brownlow in 2 years, just wait till later this season / next year when he dominates, etc etc"

Its really a win / no lose situation for Melbourne flogs.

Watts dominates: "ROFL Watts is a superstar, will win the brownlow this year, Naitanui is a hack, etc etc"

Watts plays ok: "LMFAO Watts is just warming up like Riewoldt, Brown and Buddy, will win the brownlow next year, etc etc"

Watts plays average: "What do you expect from his first game of the season, he will dominate soon, etc, etc"

Watts plays shit: "Hes still a young skinny kid, will win the brownlow in 2 years, just wait till later this season / next year when he dominates, etc etc"

Why didn't you just say:

"Expectations will stay the same, no matter how he plays"????

At least then you wouldn't look like a jealous hack. Most people in here are worried about the prospect of Watts being the greatest player this league has ever seen, so you all bag him and call him a girl to make yourselves feel better.

When he cooks the Wet Toast on Saturday in a REAL football stadium in front of REAL football fans in a REAL city (yes, Perth is a fictional city that only exists in Persian folklore), you will cry in your bed while your "mother" (I put mother in quotation marks because she also happens to be your lover) softly strokes your head.

Be prepared to watch your sorry excuse for a football club shatted on in front of 3-4 generations of Melbourne fans.

As for the 3000 or so blond surfers who will attend the match to watch their mighty Feagles get a belting, I will take the win with pride and merely laugh and point in their face while Watts kicks his 10th goal on Mr. Glass.

EDIT: And better make a note to all Perth residents planning to make the trip down. Please be aware that it is almost winter in Melbourne, so the weather is fresh. The surf is good down at Torquey though. Not sure if ya'all are going to be able to adapt, seeing as though you live in the desert and all.

lol Perth.

Watching Jack Watts play footy is kind of like watchimg women's cricket. You know that it's the same game, but it's just not good enough.

Can't wait for Saturday afternoon.

So....you think women's cricket is shit compared to men's.

But you cant wait for Saturday arvo.

It would appear to me you think women's cricket>>>men's cricket. Ive never gone to a game or couldnt wait for a game of women's cricket before.

Shit comparison is shit.

So....you think women's cricket is shit compared to men's.

But you cant wait for Saturday arvo.

I don't think car crashes are good either, but I always crane my neck to look when I drive past one.

Here's me on Saturday afternoon:

man-eating-popcorn_~ih017029.jpg

Then I'll be like this every 36 minutes:

generic-horse-racing-image-2-300423538.jpg

Then I'll be like this -

Money%20Man%20Halloween%20Costume.jpg

And I'll be back on the footy again like this -

3192468.jpg

Why would we be jealous when a) We got the best player in the draft at pick #2 and b) We've already got a better KPP in Kennedy? :confused:

tl:dr to the rest of your waffle. :thumbsu:

Two questions:

What do you consider to be a pass mark for Watts tomorrow ?

Weren't you the flog rabbiting on preseason about West Coast finishing above Melb this year ? I seem to recall you touting for bets. Indeed didn't you also expect to be playing Finals footy this year ?:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we be jealous when a) We got the best player in the draft at pick #2 and b) We've already got a better KPP in Kennedy? :confused:

tl:dr to the rest of your waffle. :thumbsu:

Kennedy is not getting any better as a player. A player's true worth is shown based on how much attention he gets in Melbourne. The McLeod's, the Goodes', the Pavlich's. Kennedy is just a decent player. Great to have, but hardly a player worth flourishing around in your argument.

And you've got nothing to compare to atm. Wait until Watts becomes a regular piece of the team before you get your knickers and hang them out on the line.

Kennedy's kicked 23 goals in 7 games and is only 22.

Considering we both know our midfield delivery is shit, that's damn impressive.

Two questions:

Counting not your strong point? :eek:

What do you consider to be a pass mark for Watts tomorrow ?

This is the Bay, I can't give you a logical answer here.

So.. anything less than 20 touches, 7 goals, 14 marks and 5 tackles is a fail.

Weren't you the flog rabbiting on preseason about West Coast finishing above Melb this year ? I seem to recall you touting for bets. Indeed didn't you also expect to be playing Finals footy this year ?:eek:

Yes on both accounts, however you'll find that majority of people tipped WCE to finish above Melbourne and make the finals.

Unfortunately we've sucked so far this year, however thats besides the point of this thread.. pick one of the other threads bagging WCE if you want to circle jerk about how crap we are right now.

Kennedy is not getting any better as a player. A player's true worth is shown based on how much attention he gets in Melbourne. The McLeod's, the Goodes', the Pavlich's. Kennedy is just a decent player. Great to have, but hardly a player worth flourishing around in your argument.

And you've got nothing to compare to atm. Wait until Watts becomes a regular piece of the team before you get your knickers and hang them out on the line.

fail.

IIRC correctly when the coaches were asked at the start of the year which young player (i believe the criteria was less than 50 games) could be the best player in the competition in the future most voted for Naitanui but one voted for Kennedy.

Playing in a pretty average team this year he has kicked 23 goals 4 behinds and is up there in the coleman medal. If he played for a Victorian team and/or a better team he would be getting alot more recognition.

Granted. He is a good player.

But Watts is better.

Fail. Again.

Watts might become a better player, but currently Kennedy is an infinitely better player.

Kennedy the best player in the competition? Who voted? West Coast coaches?

You tried to make a funny, good for you champ. :thumbsu:

The 16 head coaches voted. I'd find a link to the article but I just can't be bothered. :)

It would be obvious to a 9 year old that the second question comprised two parts. :eek:

:rolleyes: You still asked 3 questions dumbass.

Glad you agree that your team sucks dick.:thumbsu:

Every team goes through shit patches.. for example Melbourne being worse than dogshit for the best part of the last 3 years collecting 2 spoons.

Difference is some clubs have great patches... like 91-94 and then 05-06 for West Coast where we won 3 flags and made 5 GFs.

Has it been 50 years since Melbourne's last flag yet? :eek:

Shit list/shit kids.:eek:

Yeah, nah. West Coast have a proven record in developing kids into stars/champions and winning flags.

Melbourne have.. erm.. yanno.. potential.. and stuff..

Yeah, nah. West Coast have a proven record in developing kids into stars/champions and winning flags.

Melbourne have.. erm.. yanno.. potential.. and stuff..

You develop kids in a monopoly; more money, more facilities, more access to more players in a larger state.

Only Melbourne clubs can really claim to say they have great developing skills. Every interstate club had and always will have more restricted access to better young talent in their respective cities with little competition from other clubs. Melbourne clubs are essentially fighting one another.

You don't have a "proven record". You have better access and therefore, an advantage. There is a difference.

Why are you posting anyway? It's 1pm? Go hit the surf, dude.

You develop kids in a monopoly; more money, more facilities, more access to more players in a larger state.

Only Melbourne clubs can really claim to say they have great developing skills. Every interstate club had and always will have more restricted access to better young talent in their respective cities with little competition from other clubs. Melbourne clubs are essentially fighting one another.

You don't have a "proven record". You have better access and therefore, an advantage. There is a difference.

Why are you posting anyway? It's 1pm? Go hit the surf, dude.

wtf are you smoking?

Under our current coach/staff we developed Judd (brownlow), Cousins (brownlow), Kerr (r/up brownlow), Cox (best ruckman of the modern era) and Glass (multiple AA fullback).

Made 2 GFs and won 1 premiership.

During this time Melbourne developed.. erm.. whats his name.. no he wasn't a demon.. erm..

In more recent times we've seen LeCras, Hurn and Kennedy take the next step. Given kids like Naitanui, Swift, Shuey, etc have only played a handfull of games I have no doubt they will be developed into a team to take us to our next flag.

At the end of the day I think while many troll MFC we also feel sorry for you.. must be tough never having seen your team win a flag. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

IN: Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back