IN: Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Watts gets a guernsey this week so everyone better tune in for the lulz. Should be a good week of discussion next week. :thumbsu:

Wutjpg1.gif

Kennedy is not getting any better as a player. A player's true worth is shown based on how much attention he gets in Melbourne. The McLeod's, the Goodes', the Pavlich's. Kennedy is just a decent player. Great to have, but hardly a player worth flourishing around in your argument.

And you've got nothing to compare to atm. Wait until Watts becomes a regular piece of the team before you get your knickers and hang them out on the line.

There's only one of them, god it's annoying when Walls does that on TV

The retired CHFs player association in Brereton and Schwarz were just on SEN to pump up Watts and talk down Naitanui.

They would take a CHF ahead of a ruck because they believe you can win a flag with a blonk ruck like Blake.

But not a blonk tall in your forwardline.

Someone needs to break the news to them that WC and Geelong won flags with Lynch, Hansen, Mooney, N.Ablett and Hawkins.

:eek:

The retired CHFs player association in Brereton and Schwarz were just on SEN to pump up Watts and talk down Naitanui.

They would take a CHF ahead of a ruck because they believe you can win a flag with a blonk ruck like Blake.

But not a blonk tall in your forwardline.

Someone needs to break the news to them that WC and Geelong won flags with Lynch, Hansen, Mooney, N.Ablett and Hawkins.

:eek:

Any football person would take a gun CHF ahead of a gun ruck. Only flogs like you can't see the distinction. You may not need a gun forward if you've got one of the best midfields of all time, but you definately don't need a champion ruck to win a flag. Most champion key forwards have played in premierships.:thumbsu: Other than Riewoldt, name the last one who hasn't ?

Also, Sandilands, Cox, Jolly, Jamar, Brogan.... were all picked up in the rookie draft. There are plenty of ways to get a decent ruck into your side.

we're underselling NN as 'just a ruckman' here.

he's a lot more than that, he's basically another ruck rover.

most players considered champions are that because they've won premierships. the only real true deadset champ in the last 20 years who wasnt in a flag winning team was nathan buckley.

Any football person would take a gun CHF ahead of a gun ruck. Only flogs like you can't see the distinction. You may not need a gun forward if you've got one of the best midfields of all time, but you definately don't need a champion ruck to win a flag. Most champion key forwards have played in premierships.:thumbsu: Other than Riewoldt, name the last one who hasn't ?

Also, Sandilands, Cox, Jolly, Jamar, Brogan.... were all picked up in the rookie draft. There are plenty of ways to get a decent ruck into your side.

The thing is, Naitanui will be (if not already is) more than a ruckman. His tap ruckwork is elite, as is his tackling, 1%ers, handballs under pressure and clearance work. His kicking has also improved, a few examples already this year including his 55m goal from a 45deg angle a few weeks ago.

He is still being eased into the game. People claim he goes missing and is inconsistent.. thats mainly because his TOG is pretty low.. and he has been pretty consistent in all his games this year from very good to above average.

When he was selected it was widely thought that he had potential but would take a few years to develop and have an impact at AFL level.

However in less than 20 games he has already proven himself to be a match winner and an elite talent. While i think the media hype is a little OTT at times there is no denying the impact he has already had and the massive potential for improvement still remaining.

Anyway this isn't another Watts vs Naitanui thread... its just a Watts thread. :D

wtf are you smoking?

Under our current coach/staff we developed Judd (brownlow), Cousins (brownlow), Kerr (r/up brownlow), Cox (best ruckman of the modern era) and Glass (multiple AA fullback).

Made 2 GFs and won 1 premiership.

During this time Melbourne developed.. erm.. whats his name.. no he wasn't a demon.. erm..

In more recent times we've seen LeCras, Hurn and Kennedy take the next step. Given kids like Naitanui, Swift, Shuey, etc have only played a handfull of games I have no doubt they will be developed into a team to take us to our next flag.

At the end of the day I think while many troll MFC we also feel sorry for you.. must be tough never having seen your team win a flag. :(

You just knew West Coast flogs, especially this obsessed bitch would be crawling all over this thread.

What you Cokes dont understand is that we like NicNat, think he will be a star, to bad the rest of your list is a spud farm going backwards really quick.

Is it also troubling that you cant win a game in Eastern Standard time? Your club is bottom 4 material without even looking like winning a game in Melbourne any time soon, so we both know who's travelling better in our respective clubs dont we?

If must be tough supporting a franchise, living in Perth, obsessed with the fortunes of a football player of which you know nothing. As we know - a hollow existence. :eek:

If must be tough supporting a franchise, living in Perth, obsessed with the fortunes of a football player of which you know nothing.
Would it be tougher than supporting a team who have won nothing in god knows how long and probably won't in the near future?

You just knew West Coast flogs, especially this obsessed bitch would be crawling all over this thread.

I think you'll find its the Melbourne flogs that needed to bring Naitanui up in the thread.

What you Cokes dont understand is that we like NicNat, think he will be a star, to bad the rest of your list is a spud farm going backwards really quick.

LeCras, Hurn, Kennedy, etc. Our young mids have been a little out of form and/or injured, but i'll back them to bounce back.

Is it also troubling that you cant win a game in Eastern Standard time? Your club is bottom 4 material without even looking like winning a game in Melbourne any time soon, so we both know who's travelling better in our respective clubs dont we?

Wow, how insightful! :rolleyes:

I'd be suprised if we beat Melbourne. We're playing average footy right now and our away record is shocking.

If must be tough supporting a franchise, living in Perth, obsessed with the fortunes of a football player of which you know nothing. As we know - a hollow existence. :eek:

Nah its not that tough really. Supporting a successful club that plays in finals more often than not and having seen 3 premierships in the last two decades has been great fun. :thumbsu:

The thing is, Naitanui will be (if not already is) more than a ruckman. His tap ruckwork is elite, as is his tackling, 1%ers, handballs under pressure and clearance work.

Wrong answer.

He's a ruckman, pure and simple. He may have extra strings to his bow, but he'll never be an elite key forward and he'll never be an elite mid. He's a ruckman. Get it ?

Give me a champion key forward any day. Naturally, you're welcome to please yourself. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong answer.

He's a ruckman, pure and simple. He may have extra strings to his bow, but he'll never be an elite key forward and he'll never be an elite mid. He's a ruckman. Get it ?

Give me a champion key forward any day. Naturally, you're welcome to please yourself. :thumbsu:

Heard of Adam Goodes?

Goodes started as a ruckman and won a brownlow.

Goodes then became a midfielder and won a brownlow.

Goodes is now playing as a KPF and while he probably wont win a brownlow there is still a very good player.

I have no doubt Naitanui could in time essentially play as a midfielder and a very, very good one at that.. even 'elite'.

he's probably one of the best contested/clearance players in the league.

that's pretty much a midfielder's job, so he has potential to be a quality midfield player.

you say you'd rather a champion key forward any day, fair enough. but get back to me when jack watts turns into that. it's all talk at the moment. NN has actually produced good footy, hence the hype.

Heard of Adam Goodes?

Goodes started as a ruckman and won a brownlow.

Goodes then became a midfielder and won a brownlow.

Goodes is now playing as a KPF and while he probably wont win a brownlow there is still a very good player.

I have no doubt Naitanui could in time essentially play as a midfielder and a very, very good one at that.. even 'elite'.

Chalk and cheese. One is a natural footballer with sublime skill and the other isn't a natural footballer and is trying to develop inate skills.

I would love Melbourne flogs to name a soft key position forward that has turned out to be a star - let alone champion - player?

That's right zilch. Hence why Andrew McDougall Version 2.0 is an apt comparison for Watts. The guy hasn't the passion. In fact there is a good possibility of him actually walking away from the game before his inevitable delisting.

Thus Watts over Naitanui will turn out to be the biggest drafting blunder ever surpassing even the Tambling over Franklin debacle, no doubt pleasing Richmond fans no end.

Poor Melbourne flogs will be reminded of Prendergast's epic fail for years to come with every Naitanui match winning performance like a dagger in their heart.

I pity the fools.:thumbsu:

I would love Melbourne flogs to name a soft key position forward that has turned out to be a star - let alone champion - player?

That's right zilch. Hence why Andrew McDougall Version 2.0 is an apt comparison for Watts. The guy hasn't the passion. In fact there is a good possibility of him actually walking away from the game before his inevitable delisting.

Watts over Naitanui will turn out to be the biggest drafting blunder ever surpassing even the Tambling over Franklin debacle, no doubt pleasing Richmond fans no end.

Melbourne flogs will be reminded of Prendergast's epic fail for years to come with every Naitanui match winning performance like a dagger in their heart.

I pity the fools.:thumbsu:

Even if what you say is correct, Watts turns into a complete and utter spud in 5 years time and is delisted/traded, we still have a better team than you. We have the players that can deliver a flag even without a Watts.

WC on the other hand will be nothing more than a one man freak show on the road to nowhere.

Who have you surround NicNat with to give you success? Masten :eek: Ebert :eek: Notte :eek: Swift :eek: should i go on????:eek:

Glass and Cox will be past their best soon and you will be left with a list full of hacks who cant kick and one athletic ruckman who can tackle but who also, cant kick.

Melbourne will be guaranteed of success in the future with or without Watts.
WC's future with NicNat and his spud supporting cast is on the road to nowhere, a road that will take a long time to travel with all these compromised drafts coming.

Oh dear.

If ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest man alive, Mr Rude.

Looking at West Coast's average of a flag every 7 years, it points to a premiership around 2013.

When Melbourne last snared a flag the poms were probably still considered a superpower.

The thing with Melbourne is they have an ingrained losing culture that will always come to the fore ala St Kilda. Hence why Melbourne have gone near half a century of abject failure. Melbourne may get close to success but ultimately they will come up short like the Saints.

West Coast will duly overtake Melbourne as they have many times before and deep down all Melbourne flogs know this.:thumbsu:

Oh dear.

Looking at West Coast's average of a flag every 7 years, it points to a premiership around 2013.

When Melbourne last snared a flag the poms were probably still considered a superpower.

The thing with Melbourne is they have an ingrained losing culture that will always come to the fore ala St Kilda. Hence why Melbourne have gone near half a century of abject failure. Melbourne may get close to success but ultimately they will come up short like the Saints.

West Coast will duly overtake Melbourne as they have many times before and deep down all Melbourne flogs know this.:thumbsu:

Learn some history you ignorant swine.

The Dees have the greatest era in football as part of their rich tapestry. Of course being a franchise you wouldn't understand how blood runs through the veins.

Pissant.

Oh dear.

Explain Geelong for me then?

If you win a premiership before 2020 i will come over to Perth and give you a knee trembler. Your very very average list will win you a spoon before you win a premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

IN: Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back