India vs Australia 1st Test

Remove this Banner Ad

Been very impressed with Katich & Clarke both have played very well without taking to many risks. With these 2 performing it could put alot of pressure on the likes of Lehman especially after his last innings.

I claim first spot on the Michael Clarke bandwagon.......still boarding for anyone else who wants on!

Excellent day, although India made a major stuff-up not taking the 2nd new ball straight away - they had a chance to get Gilchrist quickly but continued with the tired spinners.

Zeke said:
That little bugger Clarke is really proving me wrong... Cheeky.
Me too. But see how katich got out when the runrate started to climb. His 81 was boring to watch after he hit 30 odd runs. He slowed down real fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just when it looked like we wouldn't get past 270 in a days play. Gilly and Clarke easily get us passed 300. Wasn't Martyn Averaging like 20 in alot of test matches but we kept with him. Then we go to Sri Lanka and he had a couple of centuries and he might be dropped? Haha classic.

yearofthecat2004 said:
Me too. But see how katich got out when the runrate started to climb. His 81 was boring to watch after he hit 30 odd runs. He slowed down real fast.

That's why it's called TEST cricket. We still got over 300 runs in a day. That's what counts. We won't play our usual gameplan of trying to score quickly every session in India. We are adapting to the conditions and the state of the game. We lost a few early wickets, so we slowed down and built a partnership.

Great debut by Clarke, hopefully he does the right thing and carries on tomorrow.

I claim first spot on the Michael Clarke bandwagon.......still boarding for anyone else who wants on!

i was on it a long time ago

i knew it was just a matter of time when he got into the team and hes playing very well at the end of the first day.

i dont want to put a jinx on it but what if clarke makes a ton. would he still have to make way for ponting or is it going to be someone else?

Lowie01 said:

Excellent day, although India made a major stuff-up not taking the 2nd new ball straight away - they had a chance to get Gilchrist quickly but continued with the tired spinners.
First spot?? I've been explaining this to everyone for ages only to be shouted down for NSW bias and conspiracy theories etc.

This guy will be a superstar.

Katich's innings may not have been as exciting as Clarkes but he saved us from an embarrising first innings score IMO. if he went out cheap then we would have most likely crumbled and been all out for 250 or less.

big_sav said:
i dont want to put a jinx on it but what if clarke makes a ton. would he still have to make way for ponting or is it going to be someone else?

Martyn and Lehmann should be very nervous about now. Both were shown up today, especially Boof (wtf was he thinking?). Katich and Clarke, the so-called rookies, were both a lot more mature and patient than their experienced counterparts. For mine, Boof will be first to go if Clarke cannot be forced out - he can even replace him as the left-arm orthodox spinner.

And BTW, can anyone believe how easy Gilly got 35 off 34 balls? The guy's a marvel. He didn't even have to slog.

waspy said:
Katich's innings may not have been as exciting as Clarkes but he saved us from an embarrising first innings score IMO. if he went out cheap then we would have most likely crumbled and been all out for 250 or less.

Kattich did what any good batsman would do...ie he kept the runs ticking over after Australia's mini collapse.

Remove this Banner Ad

India vs Australia 1st Test

Remove this Banner Ad

Back