India vs Australia 3rd Test: 16 to 20 March at Ranchi at 3pm (Mel/Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

We're only 20 overs from a new ball, and DRS reset, and still 300 odd up. If there's a howler it will backfire but it was worth a punt imo. I'm happy with the morning so far, at some point this pitch is going to get worse, India still have lot to do, and this slow scoring might come back to bite them on the bum.

There was a howler next ball... called it on the first day, Gould will screw us at some point.

wtf is with that umpire. Instead of trying to do it as quickly as possible, do it properly. He was out
Most likely looking at the ultra edge just to confirm what the video was saying. Didn't bother to see if it had brushed the pad first, which ultra edge suggested as such.

Saying 'definitely hit the edge first' is so very wrong.

Wait, what did the third umpire stuff up? I left the room for a bit.
LBW for SOK, looks like it brushed the pad 1 frame before it hit the pad, and the ultra edge suggests as such too. Should have been LBW, but the 3rd umpire, Nigel Long, rushed through the review. Then Ian Gould missed a dead set catch and gave not out.

LBW for SOK, looks like it brushed the pad 1 frame before it hit the pad, and the ultra edge suggests as such too. Should have been LBW, but the 3rd umpire, Nigel Long, rushed through the review. Then Ian Gould missed a dead set catch and gave not out.

Cheers, chunkychicken.

We're only 20 overs from a new ball, and DRS reset, and still 300 odd up. If there's a howler it will backfire but it was worth a punt imo. I'm happy with the morning so far, at some point this pitch is going to get worse, India still have lot to do, and this slow scoring might come back to bite them on the bum.

I'm just dishing out the same crap India get when they burn their reviews. Seems like a lot of people can't hack it (not directed at you btw).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Keefe to Pujara, no run, big appeal for lbw but the inside edge seems to have saved him. Smith, though, goes for the review. Again a ball with no turn. Pujara has played for turn but has been done in. Smith is gambling on pad first here because bat and pad are too close together. On the Ultra Edge replay there seems to be a bit of a spike before it hits the bat, especially on the side-on view, but the umpire goes by the front-on replay and sees the bat first. It might well be bat first, but the umpire seems to have jumped the gun here

Lyon to Vijay, no run, appeal for bat-pad and this is not out. Turns past the inside edge and lobs off the pad alone. Hang on. Clear inside edge there. Australia have no reviews left. India getting the rub of the green here

I didn't realise I still didn't have discretion on when to post. Notwithstanding its completely unrelated to what I posted, and also a bit strange you would keep something like that in mind.

What can I say, I have good memory. Me think, India winning= DT on cricket board, India losing= DT not on cricket board.

What can I say, I have good memory. Me think, India winning= DT on cricket board, India losing= DT not on cricket board.

Odd. We're hardly winning at the moment. Still posting. We only definitively looked like winning the test at tea on day 4 in the second test. Since you have such good memory you'll find I posted during day 2 and the end of days 3 and 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

India vs Australia 3rd Test: 16 to 20 March at Ranchi at 3pm (Mel/Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back