Indian Premier League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth FC, Everton, Delhi
The competition that divides opinion more often than not is upon us again, with the first match kicking off on April 3 with the mighty (yet already diminished) Delhi Daredevils taking on defending champions Kolkata.

There has already been controversy surrounding this event with Sri Lankan players barred from playing in matches held in Chennai. Funnily enough, every First XI with the exception of Chennai will be affected by this. What a coincidence. :rolleyes:

Chennai have to be favourites going into this year for a number of reasons, IMO.

Let the games begin!

Didn't he play his last game in '12?
Nup, mentioned in an online interview with Damien Martyn and Stuey MacGill that he'd be going around one more time. He'll also be playing in the Carribean Premier League this year. Why wouldn't he play for 6-8 weeks and earn a few hundred grand for his family. Easier than commentating for a whole summer.

I'm a bit hacked off the Pune have made Angelo skipper. That leaves on three foreign spots so Mitch Marsh will be way down the list for getting a game. He may not play all season.

I'll just have to hope that Steve Smith does but that will be hard due to Marlon Samuels, Luke Wright and Ross Taylor being in the team as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they consider Luke Wright as an all-rounder or Wayne Parnell, either of them would get the gig before Mitch.

Wright would only play as an opener, and Parnell isn't a batsman's proverbial. They'd go Mitch if it were for a traditional all rounders spot.

They might but he's a fair way down the list and he didn't play in the last BBL or the last IPL, he wouldn't be at the forefront of anyone's mind.

Who coaches Pune? If it's anyone half decent they should know how good he is in T20. His stats border on elite.

I'm a bit hacked off the Pune have made Angelo skipper. That leaves on three foreign spots so Mitch Marsh will be way down the list for getting a game. He may not play all season.

I'll just have to hope that Steve Smith does but that will be hard due to Marlon Samuels, Luke Wright and Ross Taylor being in the team as well.

Wouldn't Taylor leave in the second half of IPL for the England tour?

Oh, and Finch joins Pune. So, I guess Marsh will be warming the bench.

Wouldn't Taylor leave in the second half of IPL for the England tour?

Oh, and Finch joins Pune. So, I guess Marsh will be warming the bench.

Yeah, he'll be running drinks and practising in the nets all series.

Aaron Finch's record in the IPL is bloody pants though and he's been shizenhausen in international cricket over the summer, he might not be an automatic starter.

Aaron Finch's record in the IPL is bloody pants though and he's been shizenhausen in international cricket over the summer, he might not be an automatic starter.

He shouldn't be, that's for sure. I'll be spitting chips if he gets games ahead of Mitch.

Will be kinda sorta following this, hoping there's lots of drama (just not injury wise) and lots of fireworks (there will be).

If Seven have the rights are they just showing a few games here and there? Don't seem to be doing the opener.

Any of it on tv?

The Youtube IPL channel will broadcast all matches live, with highlights and full match videos posted after each match.

GO THE CHARGERS. Oh wait, the Sunrisers. What kind of name is that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Indian Premier League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back