Indigenous AFL Team to play Ireland in Ireland, but Ireland prefer the best players from the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITs a Racist tour .
Apartheid was BANNED in South Africa so now we are starting that rubbish here.
The AFL should be ashamed of themselves and anyone that goes on tour should be ashamed of themselves and anyone that also supports the tour .

Hopefully this comes under fire from the media. I guess a lot of them wouldn't care about the International Series, but if I was an A grade non-indigenous player (that most guns are in the AFL) and would've liked to go I'd be questioning the decision.

I know their intentions are pure, but this is just silly.

Reminds me of the all aboriginal cricket team we sent over to England 100 years ago. Seems so archaic.
The silly British press will get hold of this and paint a picture that we are 150 years behind other countries in race issues. They love prentending we are uncouth yobs.

This is a great idea, will make the concept meaningful again as you'll have two teams going all out for the jumper and not just on an end of year junket. If being in the team was a highly sought after honour previously then it may have been an issue, but it wasn't so why should everyone start caring now?

I wonder what the team song will be?

ITs a Racist tour .
The AFL should be ashamed of themselves and anyone that goes on tour should be ashamed of themselves and anyone that also supports the tour .

South African Aparthied = Indigenous Football Team touring Ireland?

yeah, no hyperbole there at all

Could it be because the AFL has a committment from indigenous AFL players to send their best possible team.

But if the 15th best aboriginal player is not as good as 50 second tier white players that should be irreverent, The better player should go if they want to. Representing Australia should be open to all Australians. I've always thought of football as something that brings everybody together.

Here it is . It must be scrapped ASAP .
It must not go ahead .

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-03/indigenous-stars-for-tests

Could it be called a Racist tour ?
Well spotted, it is exactly like apartheid what with the ruling Aboriginal minority brutally implementing a policy of racial segregation to ensure their control over the economic and social systems of Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlike Soccer, Rugby, AFL is an Australian game. Players only have one opportunity to represent their country internationally. The best available should be selected.

"Available' being the operative word.

Sorry, but the cross-section of people identifying as 'Aboriginal Australians' have some unflattering numbers. Basically because of white settlement, but hey. I don't see any issue in trying to help out a demographic who suffer from higher levels of alcoholism, shorter lifespans, and worse health. They are the facts and the epidemic of Aboriginal health is a serious one.

The Clontarf program in WA has been seriously beneficial to plenty of young blokes. Is that racist because you're identifying a minority group who have unflattering statistics stapled to them? Barely.

The people saying "sorry, you can't play your white" is just a ludicrous fallacy. That's like saying "oh sorry you can't represent Victoria – you've never left Tasmania." That's just a really weird, flawed argument.

There is nothing wrong with this. Racism is not purely identifying difference. Acknowledging cultures is probably the antithesis of racism – you can realise that Aboriginals have different customs and cultures is no problem at all, as long as you're not saying those cultures and customs are bad because they're Aboriginal.

Farrrrrrout.
Spot on. Well said.

The South African National Australian Rules Football Team

Black and White players NOT just black players

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_national_Australian_rules_football_team

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_South_Africa

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/fact-sheets/fs255.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_boycott_of_South_Africa_during_the_Apartheid_era

a·part·heid

[uh-pahrt-heyt, -hahyt] Show IPA
noun
(in the Republic of South Africa) a rigid policy of segregation of the nonwhite population.
any system or practice that separates people according to race, caste, etc.
Origin: dictionary.com

So who are the victims in all this? Lets hear from them.
---------------------------

Anyone playing AFL that could represent Australia in the team , thats NOT Indigenous , thats who..... PLUS all fair minded Australians who hate racism , thats who .

This is the first time since 1868 that an all-indigenous team has toured - that was cricket back then.

With the way our clubs treat representative football and the way some players behave towards the whole thing, the fact that the Indigenous players want to do this is a great thing.

If anyone is to blame it's our clubs, coaches and a long line of players not wanting to be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back